Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 03:55 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,636,169 times

Advertisements

I have a new 2015 Nissan Murano. I have tried several time to get the Nissan Connect feature and app to work together. I connected the phone to the car with the cable and the car recognized the phone. I've loaded the Nissan Connect app, the iPHeart Radio and the Pandora app on my phone, I've sat in the car trying to go thru the connect and setup, but it just won't do it. I called the salesman, who said there is a problem with the app and they are working on it. But that has been several months ago, and I think it was maybe BS.

Has anyone else been able to make this work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 05:47 PM

133 posts, read 256,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlking58 View Post
I have a new 2015 Nissan Murano. I have tried several time to get the Nissan Connect feature and app to work together. I connected the phone to the car with the cable and the car recognized the phone. I've loaded the Nissan Connect app, the iPHeart Radio and the Pandora app on my phone, I've sat in the car trying to go thru the connect and setup, but it just won't do it. I called the salesman, who said there is a problem with the app and they are working on it. But that has been several months ago, and I think it was maybe BS.

Has anyone else been able to make this work?
Why are you bothering with the Nissan app and NissanConnect if the app doesn't work?

Why not pair the phone using Bluetooth to the car's audio system?

NissanConnect | Bluetooth Streaming Audio | Nissan USA

There are also numerous YouTube videos available that show how to do this for either Android or the crApple iPhone.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:47 PM

Yes, you're right, and I learned how to do it after the app failed. My point is that they market the app as a huge part of the car, but it doesn't seem like it works.

So does your answer mean that you didn't try to make it work, or you tried and it didn't work?

Old 06-23-2015, 07:42 PM

133 posts, read 256,992 times
Never tried it because I don't like having to use the cable and plug in the phone every time.

There are a dozens of reasons the app might not work. Could be an incompatibility with the phone or O/S. Everyone has an app these days, and there are bound to be some failures, which I'm sure you've experienced with others.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:43 AM

Yes, but in this case I'm not referring to the app on my phone, but the one that's on the display panel in the car, where you are supposed to have access to the Pandora, iHeart Radio, and Trip Advisor thru icons on the car's display. I guess Im a little surprised that more people aren't complaining about it. If the navigation system was that buggy, or the radio didn't work half the time, I know folks would be ranting. But no one seems to care about the Nissan Connect not working.

I'm thinking of going back to the dealer and challenging them to get it working, since the salesman raved about this feature during the sales process.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 53,002 times
I am having the same issue. I notice that the iPhone App Store shows the app as very poorly rated. I have given up trying to get it to work and am just running Pandora via my iPhone app and BT.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:19 PM

Funny development on this. I took the car in for service, and during the check-in process, told the service manager that I was challenging him to get these apps working. He said sure...no problem. When I returned to pick up the car, we walked out together so he could 'show me' how it works. I pointed out that the iHeart Radio app icon and the Pandora icon were no longer showing on the nav system screen, but he said he'd just reset it and they would come back. After 45 minutes of trying, he gave up and sent in a service request to some kind of internal Nissan tech support, and said he'd me when he got the solution.

A couple of weeks later I got this message:

"I believe the information found on Nissan's website may be of help to you.

[url=http://www.nissanusa.com/connect/faq?next=header.owners.connect.link]NissanConnect FAQ | Nissan USA[/url]

After pulling up the webpage, I went to the "Package Specs" tab which opened up an interface showing the vehicle model and year. The 2015 Murano with Navigation only shows available apps as the "Google Search" app which we were able to pull up on your Nissan Connect screen. I find it disappointing that the other apps are not supported."

So now they are saying that those apps were never compatible with my car because I have the Nav system. Well, excuse me, but those apps were in the system when I bought the car, and the original salesman even talked to me about how much his wife LOVED them in her new Murano. If they have since found an incompatibility issue which they cannot resolve, or don't want to spend time resolving, then they should at least man up and say so. I believe they sent out an update to the system which reprogrammed it, removing the icons.

I am going back to the dealer next week, and I intend to approach it in the same vein as if they had removed a physical part from my car that was on there when I purchased it. I want to be compensated for the loss of a functionality which was removed from the car without notifying me. Since it was a music/radio function they removed, I'm going to ask that they reactivate my XM radio for the time I own the car. Wish me luck.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:25 PM

2 posts, read 105,568 times
I have a 2015 Altima 2.5 S. I traded in a 2012 Altima because I wanted the hands free upgrade and apps provided by Nissan Connect. I have paired and unpaired. I have installed and uninstalled. I have had wifi on and off. I have been to the dealer 3 times with issues. If I receive an incoming call or text while I am playing Pandora whatever song is displayed when I receive the call stays on the display screen. The only way to reset it is to stop the car, shut the car off, open the door for 10 seconds, close the app for Pandora and Nissan Connect, then close the door, restart the car and initiate the start of Nissan Connect all over again. Can anybody help me ??

Old 02-06-2016, 05:28 PM

2 posts, read 105,568 times
How did it work out for you??

Old 05-21-2016, 02:13 AM

1 posts, read 50,958 times
Very disappointed with Nissan Connect. It has an anemic list as available apps:

facebook
google online search
pandora
iheartradio
twitter
tripadvisor

The only app that "works" on my 2015 2.5 SV Altima, w/o nav and touchscreen, is Pandora - and it gets stuck like martinwoodward1960 stated. Sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti