Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2019, 09:14 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,896,864 times

Advertisements

Recently I had one of these as a rental car for a long trip. Its very comfortable with lots of gadgets. Seats are luxurious and there are more air vents than in many houses. Its very quiet and has an awesome stereo. Seats 8 as well and can tow whatever. I think its based on a truck platform since it has a 390 hp V8 and rear wheel drive. Its a bit twitchy at high speeds due to its leaf sprung solid rear axle. I was petrified more than once passing trucks in West Virginia and Virginia. It loves gas stations and I had to fill up 10 times on a 2000 mile trip. I much prefer our Toyota Highlander.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 07:24 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,792,964 times
Isn’t this a Nissan Patrol under the Armada skin? Close as you can get to a Toyota Land Cruiser in a Nissan. Tough, traditional outback truck for hard use in unforgiving terrain. Horses for courses.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:02 PM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
Isn’t this a Nissan Patrol under the Armada skin? Close as you can get to a Toyota Land Cruiser in a Nissan. Tough, traditional outback truck for hard use in unforgiving terrain. Horses for courses.
No. Armada is a SUv.

Old 05-04-2019, 11:59 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Recently I had one of these as a rental car for a long trip. Its very comfortable with lots of gadgets. Seats are luxurious and there are more air vents than in many houses. Its very quiet and has an awesome stereo. Seats 8 as well and can tow whatever. I think its based on a truck platform since it has a 390 hp V8 and rear wheel drive. Its a bit twitchy at high speeds due to its leaf sprung solid rear axle. I was petrified more than once passing trucks in West Virginia and Virginia. It loves gas stations and I had to fill up 10 times on a 2000 mile trip. I much prefer our Toyota Highlander.
I don’t think so Tim.

Old 05-05-2019, 09:44 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
No. Armada is a SUv.
The Armada is a Patrol rebadged for America with some modifications. It’s built on a frame (hence why it was called a truck) and is durable like a Land Cruiser.

Kind of like how you can call a 4Runner a truck but cannot call a Rogue a truck.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:05 AM

374 posts, read 562,133 times
We test drove a 2018 Armada before purchasing our 2019 Land Cruiser. Some major differences:

For Land Cruiser info/assistance in diagnosing/repairing, one can go to ih8mud.com & find a generous LC community.

For Armada . . . one is SOL. Even on an "Armada" Forum, the posts are as frequent as every other blue moon.

The Armada's rear seating compromises the Utility of its use as a SUV. The 3rd row automatically transforms into a large obstacle (coffin-sized) to loading anything. Salesman had no idea on removal of 3rd row. My wife removed the 3rd row seats from our LC, I did help to lift them out (how-to on ih8mud.com)

The Armada is significantly cheaper, as it has 3 trim levels; the LC only one. The top level Armada has the safety features = LC. Dealers were taking ~ $13K off the top level Armada MSRP. We paid ~ $6K < MSRP for our 2019 LC on Halloween. For all intents & purposes, the Armada has no resale value. 2YO base model rental fleet Armada were selling for ~ $35K. 2YO Land Cruisers from rental fleets, ~ $64K.

We were trading in a 2009 Nissan Xterra Off Road. We'd owned 4 Land Cruisers previously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti