Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 05:10 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

When I moved into my new home, I was looking for peace and quiet....
it's a great place, and there I met some of the nicest people....however, there is one lady inparticular with whom I just hit it off...she is in her early 80's but mentally youthful....I am 20 years younger then her...however, she has a perky sense of humor, she's compassionate, kind, and always ready to go somewhere....she still works and although she is older, you'd never know it....love her dearly....and we get along very well, we're even discussing taking trips together...and I'm very selective with who I travel with....

I can't stand someone who is needy, that has to be on the phone all the time...I work full time, come home take care of my dog and me and want peace and quiet...and my new found friend respects that about me....

I'm not the easiest person to get along with and I will speak my mind...that is why I don't usually travel with anyone...I like to veg, read, and eat and sleep by my schedule, not by anyone else's. to me, that is a wonderful vacation...so, with my friend....if I want to read and don't want to go down to eat, she is perfectly independent and secure enough, not to get upset or take it personal and constantly ask me if she did something to upset me....God I hate that! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 09:10 AM

751 posts, read 1,673,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
What do you think of a person who is 50 hanging out with a 22 year old? What in the world does a 50 yr old have in common with a 22 year old?

It doesn't matter what I think.To each their own and live and let live.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:49 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,037 times
Bluesky, "when I`m mature"? Your comment shows just how immature You are. It wasn`t necessary.

Raena, Are you so insecure that you need to ASSUME that I`am(projecting)? Do you even know me personaly? That also was an uncalled for comment.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,501 times
SO here's a question for you all and i really need input on this, I found out my son, who just turned 15 has been hanging out with a 33 yr old guy who takes them cruising ect, my son asked if he could go camping with this guy and a few other teens i felt really uneasy about it, and am glad i looked more into it cause they weren't going camping they were going to a hotel now why would a guy 33 yrs old rent a hotel room for a few teen boys? so i put a stop to it told this guy to stay away from my son. the next day my son asked to go cruising with a few friends i new these guys but when i left my house and pulled into the gas station i see this 33 yr old guy sitting in his car and my son in the back seat what does that sound like to you? And yes my son has been punished but the cops say there is nothing we can do unless that 33 yr old is caught doing something bad. am i wrong to keep my son from this creep from being "his Friend" they guy is a self admitted drug addict and hangs out with only teens, ect.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:22 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondacrawley View Post
SO here's a question for you all and i really need input on this, I found out my son, who just turned 15 has been hanging out with a 33 yr old guy who takes them cruising ect, my son asked if he could go camping with this guy and a few other teens i felt really uneasy about it, and am glad i looked more into it cause they weren't going camping they were going to a hotel now why would a guy 33 yrs old rent a hotel room for a few teen boys? so i put a stop to it told this guy to stay away from my son. the next day my son asked to go cruising with a few friends i new these guys but when i left my house and pulled into the gas station i see this 33 yr old guy sitting in his car and my son in the back seat what does that sound like to you? And yes my son has been punished but the cops say there is nothing we can do unless that 33 yr old is caught doing something bad. am i wrong to keep my son from this creep from being "his Friend" they guy is a self admitted drug addict and hangs out with only teens, ect.

uhm

Old 05-11-2015, 10:37 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondacrawley View Post
I dont think its wrong. I just hope your son has some street smarts to avoid bad people/situations.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:47 AM

971 posts, read 689,149 times
Quote:
What do you think of a person who is 50 hanging out with a 22 year old? What in the world does a 50 yr old have in common with a 22 year old?
I have no issue with it. In my case, I have dirt bikes and four wheelers in common with them. I boat with a younger crowd in the summer. Most of the 50 year olds I know are in front of the TV or in bed just as I am getting wound up.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,315 times
I prefer talking with older people, always have. I am 51 and people younger than me seem to make a lot of assumptions, or they are entering a thought process I have been through before, or they simply lack a lot of history. It makes discussion very painful. However, why would a man of my same age with roughly the same intellect spend hours and hours talking with a 17 year old girl?

Old 12-23-2015, 12:18 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Quote:
Wellllll .... let me see here ....

So here I am, an Xer in his early 50s. Unlike some folks a few years older than me, I came of age in the age of AIDS and at a time when much of what we now see socially was emerging. Lots of things you Millies take for granted were carved out by us.

For example, Alternative Rock, Hip Hop/Rap, EDM, etc, etc. We pioneered.

Beyond all that ... we pioneered the current digital existence.

Now all of that said, obviously, me, being in my early 50s, have so much more life experience than a young adult. So that creates a generation gap.

But ... I'd say the gap between X and Mil is not as severe as it is between X and older generations.

YMMV.

Old 12-23-2015, 12:22 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
before he died, i used to go to my 84-year old great uncle's house and drink aristocrat vodka with him, and listen to him ramble on, and tell me crazy stories (lies) about his life. I was 25 and he was just a lonely old dude whose drinking buddies were all dead, and needed somebody he could talk "guy talk" with. He had a wild streak in him until the day he died.

he made a pretty good wingman. if we were ever out, which was rare, he'd find a cute girl my age sitting by herself, hobble over and say something like, "Honey, you got puuurty teeth." She'd start laughing, he'd walk off, and i'd come over... introduce myself, "sorry, he's a little bit crazy.. what is your name?.." etc.
What a fun and awesome set up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships