Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:25 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,335,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think it's weird. A coworker you barely know gave you a gift (weird), and it was alcohol (weird). Could be that he was just socially inept.
thanks. based on the things he said I'm thinking he may have had some type of paranoid schizophrenia. I feel bad for the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 10:36 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Oh man. I typed a response and my internet went down
I didn't report him. I thanked him for the champagne.
I posted the thread in a hurry and I forgot to mention some things sorry. I witnessed his strange behaviours later on so I know they weren't rumours. Also, I was away from work for awhile and I found out he got fired because he lost all control and started cursing and cussing out his manager and screaming and yelling. That's when he mentioned all the things about the company spying on him and putting bugs on him (the electronic kind).
My friend did not have a thing for him and she wasn't jealous. She is my best friend at work and I trust her completely.
I don't think alcohol is a strange gift depending on the circumstances. I only said hi to him once or twice and he immediatley started calling me buddy. He would ask me if I got the promotion everytime I saw him and then he left me a bottle of champagne. I think a relatively expensive bottle of champagne was a bit much. It's not like I became CEO.
Oh I see, this is all very crucial information which changes the way your opening post reads. By a LOT. Maybe you should consider editing it.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:38 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
Quote:
thanks. based on the things he said I'm thinking he may have had some type of paranoid schizophrenia. I feel bad for the guy.
If he indeed does suffer from some sort of mental illness, hopefully he's staying on the right track medical wise. Not much to do at this point, just take precautions if you feel uneasy being around him at times.
Congrats on the promotion!

Old 10-17-2010, 04:48 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,335,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
If he indeed does suffer from some sort of mental illness, hopefully he's staying on the right track medical wise. Not much to do at this point, just take precautions if you feel uneasy being around him at times.
Congrats on the promotion!

Thanks much appreciated! He's been fired so I'm not going to be seeing him anymore.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:50 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think it's weird. A coworker you barely know gave you a gift (weird), and it was alcohol (weird). Could be that he was just socially inept.
Agreed. Or he could be using it as an excuse to get to know you better if you know what I mean. I once had a co-worker I barely knew overhear that I was trying out a new church so he started attending too and joined the conversion class apparently to try to get a date with me. Because after he conveniently saw me at the church he started approaching me at work though we had never talked before and wanted to go out with me. Socially inept probably but still I kept my distance. I'd suggest you be careful too. Just cause he's been fired doesn't mean you won't see him again.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:47 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,222 times
I'm tempted to jibe , 'How's it goin' , buddy?' , but I won't. My advice to you would be to watch your back before you get sacked. Sounds like a maniac is about to attack! Keep a low profile , because he may expect to see mention of you in a business publication. There haven't been any peculiar transports around your residence , by any chance? If you see anything odd , you should be ready to kick some serious ass , and take no prisoners while doing so. And , when they are picking their teeth from the floor , kick them in the nuts and yell , 'HUUUUHHH!!!

Old 10-18-2010, 05:10 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
If I were you I would thank him for the bottle and get a bulletproof vest before he goes postal.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:43 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
Quote:
Thanks much appreciated! He's been fired so I'm not going to be seeing him anymore.
That's a relief! Hopefully folks will keep an eye out, make sure they don't see him out in the building trying to sneak in or do some funny business! Happened at our work once. Talk about drama! Oy!

Old 10-18-2010, 03:46 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,544 times
Just be careful...

Old 10-18-2010, 04:06 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
It's not uncommon for people who are not well adjusted socially to do things that might seem odd or even a little frightening. Most of them are harmless but there are a few who occasionally come unglued and go berserk if they've been fired or feel that everyone is out to get them. When you work for a company with a large number of employees you're probably going to run into a couple of them during your career. I worked with a number of women in Denver who had all worked with a guy who turned out to be a serial killer and had killed at least two women who worked for the company. I had never met him but I did work with a guy who had been a friend of the convicted murderer who seemed like a nice guy although the police had investigated him as well. A few years ago he drove his car into an isolated area and committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning. I don't know if he had ever done anything wrong but the point I'd like to make is that everyone needs to be very cautious if they observe behavior that seems inappropriate. 99.9% of the time it's probably harmless but I think it's important to take precautions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships