Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 03:27 PM

328 posts, read 573,562 times

Advertisements

Been home for two days now, where I helped plan my Great Aunt's funeral and presided over the services. Just had a small convo w/ my sis where we talked about all sorts of topics. Apparently, I prefaced a topic with "no offense" when it was related to something that resembles her life and she has told me via email that my attempt to not offend her, well, offended her. LOL. My sis has always been pretty sensitive and this has just added to my belief that though we are blood related, we are oceans apart. I'm not some spectacular person who has made all the right decisions in life. But yes, when compared to my sis, it appears that way. I am just so sick and tired of having to deal w/ her sensitivities when she has dragged this family through hell and high water trying to help her through her issues. Nevertheless, we are related, she is the only sis I have, so I must make do w/ what I have. SO to her mail basically telling me to stop telling her no offense (I don't recall how many times I said it, possibly just once) and that she emailed me because it is easier for her to express her feelings that way, I responded "no problem" because honestly, that's all i can say. This is not the first time I, or others in my family, have adjusted our behavior in order to preserve some resemblance of a relationship w/ my sister. I can't talk to her about certain things w/o her getting unreasonably upset. Its just frustrating at times that this is the only family that I have. But I guess that's life right...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 03:39 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
But I guess that's life right...
Yup.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:46 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
I can relate to you about this, because I have a sister who is "very sensitive." Its like you have to walk on egg shells around her.

It seems that she gets upset over the smallest things that is said to her.
Its not pleasant to be around, but she is my sister, and I love her!
I just look at it as, this is how she is, and I don`t have to spend alot of time with her...only for short periods.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
..But I guess that's life right...
Yes. And, no offense, but your sister is sensitive...

[Humor = medicine]

Old 11-21-2010, 04:09 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Maybe you are the one who is too sensitive. People do not like to be patronized.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:17 PM

328 posts, read 573,562 times
Well yes, I am sensitive, if that means that it hurt to have to be told via email that I offended her. If it was me, I wouldve just said "geesh, you dont have to say it like that" and I wouldve said "Oh Im sorry , wont do it again" or something like that. But whatever, I love my nephews and my sis, even if I have to watch my words.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:23 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,214 times
Quote:
told via email that I offended her.
You don't suspect that she's just being manipulative? Intentionally appearing helpless in order to steer your behavior?

Old 11-21-2010, 11:46 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,500 times
Just avoid certain topics if it bothers her that much. Im gonna guess she feels bad enough about her life already. Some people are just emotionally fragile.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:11 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,289,784 times
sometimes ther's people you can share everything with and others you must be more selective with, you know this about your sister, so be tolerant and keep loving her the way she is..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships