Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 12:49 PM

727 posts, read 540,039 times

Advertisements

I go to bathroom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 12:53 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Passing gas is a part of life. What can you do against it? Hubbs and I have competitions.

The worst is when you pass gas at work and then the cutest guy in the office walks by your desk.

Those silent creepers in different aisles at the grocery store/drugstore are the worst. Someone poots then you walk through their fog.

Awful.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:53 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Probably not a common conversation topic but I was wondering how many folks on here actually fart and burp within their families?

A car full of us started talking about this and I was surprised at the women who said they would be grossed out if their husband farted in front of them.
One woman said that is the only way she can tell if her husband is awake in the morning.

Another said they agreed before marriage not to do either as a sign of respect--but they had only been married a few years.

I'll go first. We don't go around deliberately trying to gross each other out but we go by the moto:

"It's better to fart and feel the shame then not to fart and feel the pain"

We simply say "excuse me" and don't try to make a big deal out of it but the little girls do giggle at their Daddy and say "Ewwww" sometimes.

My son went thru a phase as a teenager of trying to deliberately burp for sound effects but I guess all boys do that.

So what does your family do?

After 35 years of marriage, believe me, my husband and I have seen, heard and smelled each other at our very worse.
As long as grandma isn't present we just let em rip as they come, no excusing or anything. I never even thought about this before...
just letting out some air that's all.

Same thing in the football team almost, fine some might laugh a little at the worst ones, but that's about it.
Among friends it's usualy like if it's macho enough guys nobody minds.

But if it's among girls or more "metro-sexual" guys I try to sneak em out quietly even if we're outside...

burping on the other hand is rare to hear, and when i've had them i haven't had a hcance to control it either so I don't see the big deal.

I don't think anyone is grossed out, people says they are because they think they're supposed to be...

Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Oh yeah, ALL the time. My youngest sister always does it in my personal space and it's gross. Haha. We let each other know "bomb away!" and we move.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:05 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
As long as grandma isn't present we just let em rip as they come, no excusing or anything. I never even thought about this before...
just letting out some air that's all.
Thats because Grandma will laugh at you and call you an amateur

Old 01-04-2011, 09:55 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
I knew a guy one time who thought it was great fun to force his wife's head under the covers when he was gonna do it and suffocate her.

Bet he wondered why the marriage didn't last more than 1.5 years.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:08 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
My son has been lettin' 'em rip in front of me for years. I visit the bathroom, myself.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:03 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Passing gas is a part of life. What can you do against it? Hubbs and I have competitions.

The worst is when you pass gas at work and then the cutest guy in the office walks by your desk.

Those silent creepers in different aisles at the grocery store/drugstore are the worst. Someone poots then you walk through their fog.

Awful.
You should make your life into a comedy show.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:13 AM

332 posts, read 498,129 times
It's no big deal in our family really, we laugh about it. Having said that, it doesn't happen that often, we generally try to be a little more considerate in company. Except maybe the nineteen year old brother.

On the issue of blaming the dog, my grandmother (yep) accidently let one rip and said "oh Toby, dear". Too bad we had to let her know that Toby had been dead for over a year!

Old 01-05-2011, 02:24 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,832,812 times

My husband set me up in the market a few years ago with one of his SBDs. We needed milk and he got out ahead of me and the cart by a good 20-30 feet and turned the corner where I could just see him. I rolled into a brown fog and about threw up. I gave him the eye and he gave me the smirk letting me know that it was his. I hustled to open the case and get the milk by which time two other shoppers rolled into the fog with me and gave me the evil eye. My 12 year old husband was pretty pleased with himself over that one. I had to admit that it was fairly funny later when I was out of the store. The looks on those other women's faces was priceless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships