Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 08:34 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times

Advertisements

How old is this cat??? The length of time that your wife has had the cat will factor into how attached she is to it. Getting rid of a pet after only a year or so is a lot less difficult than if the pet has been with her for 7-10 years.

And how you ask her to find her cat a new home is also important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 08:35 AM

65 posts, read 56,649 times
So what's the suggestion? I rob a bank and get a lawyer so I can get a judge to order testing? Or I tell my wife that we get rid of the cat now, without testing, otherwise I'm out the door? Since I told my ex that I'd like to have her tested, even though I'd hate to have it done, it's necessary at this point, and she won't agree, I would have to get a court order since we're joint and she doesn't agree. I have no way of getting a loan, and I barely have enough to pay all bills, so I have no money, and cannot get a loan. So I cannot go to court; can I? I have to wait until my ex takes me to court at which point a judge would order testing. So until then, shall I have "the boys" rough up my ex to get her to agree to testing? I'm not sure what the suggestion is.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:37 AM

Cat is 3 years old. A new home is not a problem. There's a few cat lovers at my work who would be more than happy to take the cat.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:39 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1969 View Post
So what's the suggestion? I rob a bank and get a lawyer so I can get a judge to order testing? Or I tell my wife that we get rid of the cat now, without testing, otherwise I'm out the door? Since I told my ex that I'd like to have her tested, even though I'd hate to have it done, it's necessary at this point, and she won't agree, I would have to get a court order since we're joint and she doesn't agree. I have no way of getting a loan, and I barely have enough to pay all bills, so I have no money, and cannot get a loan. So I cannot go to court; can I? I have to wait until my ex takes me to court at which point a judge would order testing. So until then, shall I have "the boys" rough up my ex to get her to agree to testing? I'm not sure what the suggestion is.
So at this point, you can just continue as usual? Your daughter comes over on the weekend, uses her inhaler as needed, and you wait to see if your ex takes you back to court over it?

Old 01-18-2011, 08:43 AM

Unless anyone has a better suggestion, yes Julia.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:43 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Too bad we can't talk to the clueless ex wife and tell her to get a grip and have the child tested. Like I said yesterday, I had to have a 5 year old tested and it was absolutely NO BIG DEAL. Some people should just never procreate.
My son got tested when he was 6. He's not traumatized. Op just wants an excuse not to have to confront his daughter's cat allergy and have to confront the new wife in getting rid of the cat since it would be in the best interest of the child's health. My son is allergic to cat and even though he would gladly take drugs to have one I won't get one because needlessly pumping him full of medicine is way more cruel than saying no to a pet. Do the world a favor and don't get anyone else pregnant.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:44 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,451,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
So at this point, you can just continue as usual? Your daughter comes over on the weekend, uses her inhaler as needed, and you wait to see if your ex takes you back to court over it?
I guess that's what he'll have to do since every suggestion offered here it met with some excuse.

I seriously wonder why some people seek advice at all.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1969 View Post
Unless anyone has a better suggestion, yes Julia.
You are certainly between a rock and a hard place, but you put yourself there and know it, so I won't get on your case about it. That won't help you anyway. I thought your ex was already preventing you from seeing your daughter, not simply threatening. It must be difficult to wait for a fight that may never come.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I guess that's what he'll have to do since every suggestion offered here it met with some excuse.

I seriously wonder why some people seek advice at all
Because they are hoping to find that one other idiot to agree with them. It will take only one to agree with them so they can tell themselves see I'm doing the right thing

Old 01-18-2011, 08:49 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,962 times
Wow, this sure is one lucky cat! It has better human-parents than I do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships