Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:30 AM

2,618 posts, read 3,148,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
I have a friend like that. 38, professional and so pretty but, low self esteem

She supports her cheating boyfriend. He treats her as the maid. She works 60 hours a week to pay for all the bills, and he does not pay for anything (because is "her house" but he stays there all the time)

She cooks for him, cleans for him. He can go away the weekend and not calling and she does not bother to ask where.

I do not get it.... It can only be low self esteem. Because she is not stupid or anything.

BTW she wants to get married "Someday" but he still married to wife #2. I will never get why such a beautiful girl who could have something better sticks to that loser.

Who tells him in front of people "you know I do not love you" i was like WHAT???

anyway, nothing I can do about it.
Let's hope she wakes up one day & he arrives "home" from a trip to find his stuff on the porch. He's a user. Users are experts at manipulating others & making it seem like their own fault. Which it is, for letting it happen, but he makes them think he's somehow doing them a favor & they need him so badly. She needs him like a tire needs a nail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 09:33 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Let's hope she wakes up one day & he arrives "home" from a trip to find his stuff on the porch. He's a user. Users are experts at manipulating others & making it seem like their own fault. Which it is, for letting it happen, but he makes them think he's somehow doing them a favor & they need him so badly. She needs him like a tire needs a nail.
HE actually says "She knows if she does not cook I will leave" It drives me crazy.

And yes he is a user.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:05 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I agree with miyu.

He was not happy before or after the crash. He just projected an illusion of success because he had a few bucks. But he only had it halfway down. (financial only, emotional success was not his).
I always tell people like that to just think about what they can change to make themselves happier. If they start that emotional vampire thing I point it out and state my limit to what I can take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sounds like you guys are making some pretty big leaps if you ask me. So, based on a fairly small amount of data, the guy was a loser from the get go???

IDK, seems a little off to me. JMHO, of course.
I did not call him a loser. But he picked a lifestyle that did not make him happy. Otherwise he would not of been making those choices to destroy it.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I agree! It always surprises me how so many posters on C-D can read a little bit of information and come up with all the answers, but only because they have such an active imagination. We have several ladies on this forum that are smart and always seem to write good, intelligent posts, then we have a few other ladies that just amaze me with their thoughts. Sometimes their writing makes you wonder about their past experiences with men. And before one of you is quick to jump on this and say "men do this too", I agree, they do it isn't just a female thing.
Most of us have dealt with some problem people ourselves & see the symptoms. Simply telling about the variations of troubles & hard lessons learned from trying to help them. Some of us have done some dumb things ourselves, learned better & hope not to repeat them.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:43 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Sometimes we feel if a person isn't a certain way or has a certain lifestyle they are really bad off.

However, I have seen people with very little means live very happy lives.

Just in how you view your priorities I guess.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:52 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,438,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
He CREATED his world.

Now he has to clean it up.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Sometimes we feel if a person isn't a certain way or has a certain lifestyle they are really bad off.

However, I have seen people with very little means live very happy lives.

Just in how you view your priorities I guess.
The situations described here are somewhat different than a person living with few material things or little money. Some people at the "lower end" of the scale are relatively stable & satisfied, to some degree. The situations described in this thread are about people who have wrecked their families, friendships, careers, etc. & hit rock bottom from foolish actions. Quite a different story.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:01 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,011,955 times
Yep I sure do! She was my husband's incredibly successful insurance mentor many years ago. She was gorgeous, had major bucks, traveled the world, drove in beautiful cars, and had a magnificent home on the water. THEN she was introduced to cocaine by a guy she was dating. FAST FORWARD to now: She lost EVERYTHING and lives in crack houses...Drugs were the death of her!!! VERY tragic tale of what drugs can do so someone.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:31 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
I have a couple of self-destructive friends. They go through ups and downs, they pick themselves up just to do something stupid again to bring themselves down.
It's such a joy though to witness someone correcting their mistakes and rebuilding their lives from scratch, seeing them happy again contributes to my optimism. It doesn't happen very often unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships