Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:54 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,079,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I don't understand how he is able to drive it around if you still possess the title to it. Are your old license plates on it? Are you paying the car insurance for it?

And if he gets into an accident while driving it, aren't you the one ultimately liable for any damages?

Of the money that he's promised to send you, what percentage of the sale price is it? Have you set a time limit on his payment plan?

He is not driving it, it is in the shop..thats why he dont want to lose it, he just recently put it in the shop, He is sending extra money for the insurance, I have added him to my insurance, after he pays it off then he will get the title, until then it will insured under my name with his name added to it,
Its an 88 jeep cherokee laredo, So Im selling it for $1,000 payments are going to be $200 a month plus extra for the insurance
It only has liability on it, too old of a jeep for full coverage
Yes my old plates are on it, but thats ok
Its a good jeep with lots of life left in it. He got himself a good deal.
So today after work Im going to western union to pick up my first payment..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 03:46 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,045,046 times
I hope that he's a GOOD driver and doesn't get into any accidents while on your insurance policy. How old is he?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:15 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,636,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
I decided to sell my black jeep,
My moms neighbor wanted to buy it, he had the money up front.
But my brother told me our older brother wanted to buy it.
He was going to pay me when he got his taxes. So being family I said I will sell it to the my brother.
My brother didnt get the amount back on his taxes like he said he would.
So I told him I was willing to work with him on payments,
Here is my dilemna, he hasnt contacted me on payments, made no effort to talk to me about the jeep.
So I told my mom I was going out there to kansas in 2 weeks to get my jeep. My mom said oh your brother is having the jeep fixed and he is going to charge you. I told her Im not paying for anything he had done to the jeep. We had an agreement and he didnt contact me about the jeep. I was willing to work with him but he hasnt made one payment. Im bringing a trailer to hook to the back of my jeep and taking that one back.
Business is business and Im not going to give it away for free, I worked hard to buy that jeep so I wont give it away.
Its not my job to contact my brother, he needs to contact me.
Deal is a deal.
Two words......... DOWN PAYMENT!

Old 02-17-2011, 11:16 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,948,431 times
Mixing business with family is a bad idea. You should of sold it to your neighbor & told your mom & brother you gave your word to you neighbor. Nothing wrong with a lil white lie. I got a feeling if you take the jeep back & dont pay for the repairs you & your brother will be on the outs for awhile.
Good-luck !

Old 02-18-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I hope that he's a GOOD driver and doesn't get into any accidents while on your insurance policy. How old is he?

He is 50 or almost 50. He is a good driver, So that Im not worried about. I got my first payment yesterday. yiiippppeeee

Old 02-18-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Mixing business with family is a bad idea. You should of sold it to your neighbor & told your mom & brother you gave your word to you neighbor. Nothing wrong with a lil white lie. I got a feeling if you take the jeep back & dont pay for the repairs you & your brother will be on the outs for awhile.
Good-luck !

My brother called me the other day. He sent my first payment last nite. So now it will be paid off in 5 months. He send extra for the insurance,

Old 02-18-2011, 07:46 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,737,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
never mix fam and business, should have sold it to the neighbour
Agreed 100% with statement above -- I found this out, the hard way

Old 02-18-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
I decided to sell my black jeep,
My moms neighbor wanted to buy it, he had the money up front.
But my brother told me our older brother wanted to buy it.
He was going to pay me when he got his taxes. So being family I said I will sell it to the my brother.
My brother didnt get the amount back on his taxes like he said he would.
So I told him I was willing to work with him on payments,
Here is my dilemna, he hasnt contacted me on payments, made no effort to talk to me about the jeep.
So I told my mom I was going out there to kansas in 2 weeks to get my jeep. My mom said oh your brother is having the jeep fixed and he is going to charge you. I told her Im not paying for anything he had done to the jeep. We had an agreement and he didnt contact me about the jeep. I was willing to work with him but he hasnt made one payment. Im bringing a trailer to hook to the back of my jeep and taking that one back.
Business is business and Im not going to give it away for free, I worked hard to buy that jeep so I wont give it away.
Its not my job to contact my brother, he needs to contact me.
Deal is a deal.
My genuine sympathies to OP -- I think you are totally justified and correct in your decision. Someone happening to be your "family" doesn't give them an excuse or justification to abuse you.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
lol..This is a different brother, but he called me last nite, he is sending me some money today. He said he put alot of money into it already and he dont want to lose it, we had a long talk, so today I get my first payment.
Thats the good news
Hurray!! So glad to hear that things appear to be working out for you there...

Old 02-18-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
He is not driving it, it is in the shop..thats why he dont want to lose it, he just recently put it in the shop, He is sending extra money for the insurance, I have added him to my insurance, after he pays it off then he will get the title, until then it will insured under my name with his name added to it,
Its an 88 jeep cherokee laredo, So Im selling it for $1,000 payments are going to be $200 a month plus extra for the insurance
It only has liability on it, too old of a jeep for full coverage
Yes my old plates are on it, but thats ok
Its a good jeep with lots of life left in it. He got himself a good deal.
So today after work Im going to western union to pick up my first payment..
^^^^ Referencing bolded portions above:

Not to go OT or anything here, but wow, the jeep was originally purchased in 1988?? That's totally amazing jeepgirl -- lol, what's your incredible secret there for having your jeep last in workable shape that long?

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 02-18-2011 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: Corrected typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships