Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 03:17 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Yes, Thursday must indeed have missed that part but I'm sure is most grateful to you for pointing it out. Your obsessiveness with correcting and pointing out what responders might have failed to comprehend in your endless and repetitive monologues would be amusing were it not for the accompanying mental picture of that poor dead horse being continually flogged. Don't you have some homework to do?

I am seriously laughing my head off right now......OMG! Would you believe that I actually got a picture in my head of the continuous monologue of complaining, accompanied by the flogging of a dead horse? ..or at least a couch cushion.... I have come to the conclusion, from years of experience, that there simply are people who refuse to acknowledge the positive things in their lives. Some people have so few conversational skills that they simply can not talk unless they're complaining.

They constantly compare their lives to those who "seem" to have more.....and never look at those who have less and say, "I really am so, so very blessed. But for the grace of God go I. How is it that when the dice got rolled, I got so dang lucky? My life, could be their life...but it's not. Man I've got it good!"

Old 02-23-2011, 03:24 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Amen!

Old 02-23-2011, 03:34 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Maybe you missed this part, Thursday. But I said I'm probably never gonna go to a high school reunion, which proves you wrong when you say I care too much about high school. You made it sound like high school was an unimportant part of your life, but you made it sound like you went to a high school reunion. Why would you go to a high school reunion (which is how you made it sound) if high school is so insignificant to you?
Naw, Thursday didn't miss that part -someone just read it wrong. My saying a few things about matters in general and "then you get to go to your high school reunion and see why you weren't friiends," was ment for anyone who has been to one and that it is an option - hence you get to - not that you were going to. It was post related to many people's experiences in a humorous way - it makes no difference to me if you go or not - you're still obsessed with high school. In fact, in your haste, no where did I indicate that I did or didn't go to my own?

Old 02-23-2011, 04:56 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Naw, Thursday didn't miss that part -someone just read it wrong. My saying a few things about matters in general and "then you get to go to your high school reunion and see why you weren't friiends," was ment for anyone who has been to one and that it is an option - hence you get to - not that you were going to. It was post related to many people's experiences in a humorous way - it makes no difference to me if you go or not - you're still obsessed with high school. In fact, in your haste, no where did I indicate that I did or didn't go to my own?
When you said people go to a high school reunion and see why they didn't stay friends with someone, it sounded like you were speaking from experience. But maybe not.

If I was truly obsessed with high school, I would go to a high school reunion.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Yes, Thursday must indeed have missed that part but I'm sure is most grateful to you for pointing it out. Your obsessiveness with correcting and pointing out what responders might have failed to comprehend in your endless and repetitive monologues would be amusing were it not for the accompanying mental picture of that poor dead horse being continually flogged. Don't you have some homework to do?
You made that post right as my class was starting. And yes, I went to class.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
he said he and the guy were "both members of the same club" . must have been quite exclusive
It was the National Honor Society, if you must know.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
When you said people go to a high school reunion and see why they didn't stay friends with someone, it sounded like you were speaking from experience. But maybe not.

If I was truly obsessed with high school, I would go to a high school reunion.
Not if you're truly obsessed with sitting on a pity pot because people were so mean to you in high school. You are obsessed with past relationships. The sooner you get away from your past experiences and let them go, the better off you'll be!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Not if you're truly obsessed with sitting on a pity pot because people were so mean to you in high school. You are obsessed with past relationships. The sooner you get away from your past experiences and let them go, the better off you'll be!
I think the only reason someone would go to a high school reunion is if high school was the best years of their life. Why else would someone want to relive high school?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,583 times
Quote:
I think the only reason someone would go to a high school reunion is if high school was the best years of their life. Why else would someone want to relive high school?
Not so much as the best years of their life but they want to see their friends and what happened to them. Curiosity mostly on going to reunions.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
YOU think that's the only reason somenone would go to a high school reunion..because that's the way you think. LOL

There are many reasons why someone would want to go to a high school reunion. As donie said, curiosity is a huge reason. People are "curious" as to how their classmates are doing, what they look like, if they're parents, what kind of parents they are. It's unbelievable how so many change from graduation to their 10th reunion. Many of these people don't even resemble the person you went to school with, especially their personalities. Some of the biggest "snobs" might be the kindest, nicest people you'd ever want to meet. The opposite holds true as well!

Kids in school can put up some pretty tough veneer. You might go back to a high school reunion and start talking with someone who was an absolute creep in high school, only to find out that they had come for a HORRIBLE family, their parents were either drunks, druggies, big time adulterers, were physically or mentally abusive, etc. That veneer was up to protect themselves. They might have been hiding horrendous secrets. Many times, kids gloss over or distort things in their lives in order to keep from standing out.

You were a kid whose parents had plenty of money. No, you weren't one of the cool kids. Did it ever occur to you that you weren't one of the cool kids because you had so much more than most of the other kids and yet you were a whiner? Hey, most of us grew up with people just like that. How cool would you think some rich kid was, if he was a morbid, whiner who had nice clothes, name brand everythings, lived in a fancy house and his parents drove a car that was worth more money than everything your parents owned... and you were the person whose mom had to buy your clothes second hand, went to the food bank every week, had to live in slum housing, lived off of food stamps, drove a car that didn't run half the time?

Do you really think that only people who LOVED high school go to those reunions? Of course you do. It's really funny, you know....because the class reunions I've attended were filled with people from every walk of life. Once you hit the real world for a few years, the playing field has a tendency to be a bit more even. Kids who were poor, went to college and made something of themselves. Some people saved up for months, putting away ever penny they could in order to get together and reconnect. Some who were rich kids, might be barely getting by....or have been to drug or alcohol rehab. You don't know what kind of people they're going to be. Most likely though, they're going to be people who are far less judgemental than they were, and remember that they liked you a whole lot more or a whole lot less than you thought when you were in school together. Snots generally have regrets for their behavior. The kids who were the nicest, find out that they were truly admired, and still are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships