Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 10:20 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
In high school, a lot of people used personality as a reason they liked someone, but they never gave an explanation.

I didn't want to ask because that might sound confrontational, especially if they didn't have a reason and they were just saying personality because they thought that would be a reason they wouldn't need to explain
Well you're not in high school now so join the world of adults, many of whom manage to converse intelligently with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 10:21 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
I'm not debating whether or not personality is a good reason why people are attracted to each other. Of course it's a good reason.

I'm just saying I sometimes suspect people of saying "I like someone's personality" when personality is not the true reason they like the other person

Old 03-28-2011, 10:23 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
I'm not debating whether or not personality is a good reason why people are attracted to each other. Of course it's a good reason.

I'm just saying I sometimes suspect people of saying "I like someone's personality" when personality is not the true reason they like the other person
Okay, so the question is?????

Old 03-28-2011, 10:24 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
In high school, a lot of people used personality as a reason they liked someone, but they never gave an explanation.
Hon, maybe they just didn't want to hurt the person's feelings by going into detail. Maybe they were being kind to/about the person.

Also, didn't you ever meet someone who simply rubbed you the right way, whether or not you could have given an itemized list of why? It happens all the time.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Okay, so the question is?????
I've made myself clear. If you don't understand, that's your problem, not mine.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Then suspect away. I realize this thread is going to enable you to rehash everything you've already said in countless other posts but it would be a sign of maturity if you would read what other posters have to say before lunging for the keyboard.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
The roundabout operator has pulled the switch into the "on" position. Here comes the ride. Bets on number of pages to follow?

Old 03-28-2011, 10:31 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Well, for me - personality is the most important thing I look for in another person. If they have a great personality (in my opinion) - then they become more attractive. Someone who others think is very attractive but who I think has a horrible personality looks very unattractive to me. To me - a "good" personality is somone who has a great sense of humor, someone who is intelligent but not arrogant, someone who is kind, someone who is honest, someone who is down to earth and not afraid to be who they are. I also like people who are confident but not conceited.
Honestly, I could care less what someone looks like. Looks change. Personality is what is really important.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 AM

The personality that's attractive to me is a good girl that likes me for who I am. But looks are also important.

And also someone that has a lot in common with me.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Is this just something people say when they can't think of a reason? Or is it just hard to put the reason into words, so that's why they say personality (if that's the case, I can somewhat understand)?
Quote:

Quote:
Atually, you're a little bit all over the map here and for the sake of clarity I do not understand the specific question. You wanted to know if this is just something people say and people have addressed that with examples and experiences. But. in the next post you negate that statement and say you aren't debating whether personality is a good reason? Okay, given that, are you just making statements or is there an actual question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships