Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:03 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,440,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man View Post
citidata boy?? is this all about the 5th grade girlfriend again??
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Please don't raise that again - innumerable posts have segued back to that ridiculous scenario and between that and Facebook unfriendings it's a never-ending litany.
I never mentioned the 5th grade girlfriend on this thread. Only you and the old man mentioned her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Ha ha, now there's a stat I can live with. Personally, I'm glad I'm not that kind of a "good girl." But that's just me.
I guess my views come from the fact that high school wasn't very long ago for me.

In high school, sex had a stigma of being something the "bad kids" did

Old 03-28-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Well, the child has obviously/hopefully gone to his college classroom to pursue his Geography major. But, hey, he managed to create a morning thread which quickly made 6 pages thus far which is quite a feat.
You're right. When you posted that, I was in class.

And for someone that claims to own a business and work 18 hour days, you sure have a lot of time to post on city data.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:06 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,483,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Why do I care? Because this is something I've noticed and it sparked my curiosity.
Quote:
Sex goes along with the bad boy/bad girl stereotype
Do you suffer from a complete lack of reading comprehension, child? Do you read NOTHING which others post? Seems so. I just thank goodness that even at my advanced age I know so many productive 19 year olds who are well on their way to adulthood, have a healthy grasp on life in general and on relationships and would fall out laughing derisively and shake their heads in total bewilderment at the total nonsense you spout and repeat ad nauseum.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,088,385 times
Quote:
I guess my views come from the fact that high school wasn't very long ago for me.

In high school, sex had a stigma of being something the "bad kids" did
Yeah... lots of people have sex. It doesn't mean they are bad...

Honestly, it sounds like you have made up your mind that girls don't like you - so they don't. If all you want in a girl is someone who is skinny enough to wear your pants and someone who you think is hot - and you only want someone to like you for your looks - then I guess you don't really need to figure out the importance of a personality. If you want a quality relationship, however, you are going to have to throw out all your nonsense out the window!

Old 03-28-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yeah... lots of people have sex. It doesn't mean they are bad...

Honestly, it sounds like you have made up your mind that girls don't like you - so they don't. If all you want in a girl is someone who is skinny enough to wear your pants and someone who you think is hot - and you only want someone to like you for your looks - then I guess you don't really need to figure out the importance of a personality. If you want a quality relationship, however, you are going to have to throw out all your nonsense out the window!
I am attractive, so getting her to like me for my looks should be a cake walk. But the point I'm trying to make is how I want her to like me for more than my looks (my personality). And I want her to like me as I am. I don't want to change my personality just to get her to like me.

And if it was up to me, girls would like me. I didn't make up my mind that they don't like me. They made up their mind.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
You're right. When you posted that, I was in class.

And for someone that claims to own a business and work 18 hour days, you sure have a lot of time to post on city data.
Ah, brain surgeon at work here.

My establishment is open Thursday through Sunday and Monday is my total "plonk day". When Tuesday and Wednesday come around I start doing major chores both inside and outside and get my orders and supplies in. And, even on days that I'm open for business and busting the old chops, my computer is right in the store room next to the kitchen so I can easily hop on and make comments during quiet times when something is bubbling along. Any other questions, funny little fellow?

Old 03-28-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder and, in this case, your personal estimation of your own physical attractiveness denotes a huge ego. Your non-question has been asked and answered but some of us with time on our hands enjoy your funny little thoughts and pronouncements.
So you're saying if someone thinks they're attractive, that means they have a huge ego?

Old 03-28-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I am attractive, so getting her to like me for my looks should be a cake walk. But the point I'm trying to make is how I want her to like me for more than my looks (my personality). And I want her to like me as I am. I don't want to change my personality just to get her to like me.

And if it was up to me, girls would like me. I didn't make up my mind that they don't like me. They made up their mind.
Already asked and answered. You're not any Adonis, just a little skinny 19 year old who fits into and enjoys size 3 girl's pants. Duh. It's not up to you whether girls like you or not. It's up to them and they obviously don't find you attractive for many reasons. But since (broken record on my part) you have no desire to have sex or marriage or children, what's the point and what's the question?

I can see this is yet another thread of yours bound for extinction but thanks for the chuckles en route!

Old 03-28-2011, 01:28 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,088,385 times
Quote:

To be honest - most of my friends don't care that much what a guy looks like. I certainly don't - it's the personality that makes it or breaks it for me. I think the guys I have dated are attractive because of who they are. Most of the guys that I dated didn't care if they were good looking or not - they just were who they were.

I think we should all try to be the best we can be - but if you notice that you are constantly having people turn away from you or that people constantly have a bad reaction to you - that might be something you have to deal with. I used to be a know it all. I was smart and I wanted others to know that I was smart. I would correct them and say things to assert my intelligence. Bottom line - I was obnoxious. I realized that people don't like other people constantly correcting them and talking down to them. Not fun. Also - you can easily recognize an intelligent person with out them having to spout quantum physics and such. So - I altered by behavior. I was making others irritated with me and I was getting upset with myself. Now - I'm a much happier person and I make those around me feel good about themselves. It's a win win situation. But I had to realize what I was doing in order for me to change it. I don't feel like I changed the core of who I was or compromised by personality - I just made myself a little bit better and a little bit happier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships