Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:02 PM

525 posts, read 1,555,214 times

Advertisements

It started almost 4 months ago popping tylenol like candy usually 4 a day. On rare occasions I've taken between 8-10 a day, once I took 14 and felt like s***. Sometimes I drink booze, usually beer and energy drinks. I was never taught how to deal with life because I learned to bottle everything up and have been dealt a s****y hand with whatever life threw at me.

I don't want a pity party just want him to understand me better and where I'm coming from. I lashed out at him recently and threatened to break up with him. He was mad about it and I blamed it on that everything was going too fast between us. In reality, I have too much s*** on my plate and my own addiction problem with tylenol and booze. He knows I like to drink but not that I abuse tylenol. I don't want him to not like me anymore because I really like him. We're in a casual relationship and see him a few times a month. He's the best thing that's happen to me. He knows that I almost OD'd on pills once by accident. He has major drug issues too and I know that isn't gonna change anytime soon. He denies the problem and know that he's using behind my back. I can tell by his behavior and the amount of time he spends in the bathroom

I do think he likes me more than a friend the way he acts sometimes. He knows that I don't want anything more than friends with benefits.

Last edited by KatieCountrycm; 05-27-2011 at 11:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 11:10 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,013,387 times
I don't think there is any drug rehabs for tylenol addiction, but you might end up with liver and kidney problems. Is there a reason why you take some much tylenol?

Old 05-27-2011, 11:20 PM

525 posts, read 1,555,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I don't think there is any drug rehabs for tylenol addiction, but you might end up with liver and kidney problems. Is there a reason why you take some much tylenol?
It's legal and cheap. Going to the doctor costs money

Old 05-28-2011, 12:04 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,013,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post

Sorry if I am not taking this seriously, because I think you are pranking. But of you are serious, tylenol does not get you high but in high doses it will shred your kidneys and mess with your liver. Drinking with it makes it worse. Vicodin and percocet or the pain killer of choice for addicts.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:49 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,378,530 times
Quote:
It started almost 4 months ago popping tylenol like candy usually 4 a day. On rare occasions I've taken between 8-10 a day, once I took 14 and felt like s***.
Why would you call taking 4 tablets a day abusing Tylenol? Or an addiction?

Look it up... TYLENOL® The recommended dosage for Regular Strength Tylenol is two tablets every 4-6 hours - and not to exceed 12 tablets in any 24-hour period. So if you're taking 4 tablets a day - or even 8 or 10 - that's all within the recommended dosage.

You may very well have an addiction to alcohol - but you're NOT abusing Tylenol, and calling it an addiction is probably making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 05-28-2011, 02:21 AM

593 posts, read 1,315,364 times
Quote:
It started almost 4 months ago popping tylenol like candy usually 4 a day. On rare occasions I've taken between 8-10 a day, once I took 14 and felt like s***. Sometimes I drink booze, usually beer and energy drinks. I was never taught how to deal with life because I learned to bottle everything up and have been dealt a s****y hand with whatever life threw at me.

I don't want a pity party just want him to understand me better and where I'm coming from. I lashed out at him recently and threatened to break up with him. He was mad about it and I blamed it on that everything was going too fast between us. In reality, I have too much s*** on my plate and my own addiction problem with tylenol and booze. He knows I like to drink but not that I abuse tylenol. I don't want him to not like me anymore because I really like him. We're in a casual relationship and see him a few times a month. He's the best thing that's happen to me. He knows that I almost OD'd on pills once by accident. He has major drug issues too and I know that isn't gonna change anytime soon. He denies the problem and know that he's using behind my back. I can tell by his behavior and the amount of time he spends in the bathroom

I do think he likes me more than a friend the way he acts sometimes. He knows that I don't want anything more than friends with benefits.
i think this is more of a psychological problem, tylenol is not addictive.
I think maybe you should make an appointment to see a doctor.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:07 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:

and you're getting a buzz off of tylenol?

you have got to be kidding...you have bigger issues to deal with..call local mental health clinic and make an appt asap.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:29 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
The addiction is to alcohol, not Tylenol. Popping Tylenol is more a psychological mind game. Too much Tylenol can cause liver damage and in combination with alcohol the likelihood is increased. I suggest Alcoholics Anonymous or some other alcohol addiction program. You need help learning to deal with life's problems.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:52 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,742 times
Katie, I've suggested before and I'll suggest it now. Get yourself to a mental health facility. There are tons of them free or with sliding scale fees.

There is NO way you are getting high on tylenol. No way.

Most of your posts in any section of this forum sound trollish but I know you are serious. You are very screwed in the head and need help now to get yourself together.

Stop blaming your mother and your childhood for your problems. You're an adult now and need to take control of your responsibility.

Again, good luck but I doubt very seriously if you will get help. You are a hot mess.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:40 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
I think this Katie person is trolling. Every thread is more ridiculous than the one before. Now she's addicted to acetaminophen? Ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships