Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 10:33 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
FB is only as dramatic as you want it to be. I've had it for over a year now and have had no drama. It's about controlling who you add and what you allow to happen there. It's a pretty simple task, don't know why some people find it difficult.
Exactly.

For the most part, I keep my private and romantic life offline.

But that doesn't mean it's a free-for-all when it comes to people posting things on my page!

I will most certainly regulate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 09:44 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times
Your relationship needs to be facebook official or people say it doesn't count

Old 06-23-2011, 09:51 AM

I had a dream (more like a nightmare) where a certain friend deleted me on facebook. Luckily, it was just a dream. I checked facebook and he's still my friend.

But I got deleted by 2 more people recently. Both of them were people that sent me the friend request. That's something I really don't understand...you ask to be my friend but you delete me.

If I ask to be your friend, that's one thing. But if you ask to be my friend and I'm nice enough to accept the friend request, why would you delete me? If you don't want to be my friend, why did you send the friend request in the first place? When someone that sent me a friend request deletes me, all they're doing is showing that I never should of accepted their friend request in the first place.

I've asked this before but never got an answer.

The 2 people that deleted me are people I never met. One of them goes to a different college in this state. We have 1 mutual friend. That's probably why he sent me the friend request. But he's commented on my stuff before. One of my friend's got into a fight with him when they both commented on the same thing. Maybe that played a role in him deleting me? But it's been a while so probably not. If that was why he deleted me, he probably would of deleted me sooner.

And the other person that deleted me recently is someone from Israel that sent me a friend request.

I don't claim to be real life friends with either of these people. I realize we never met. But that doesn't change the fact that they sent the friend request to me

Old 06-23-2011, 10:24 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,074,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
I'm one of those handfuls of people who don't have facebook. Too much drama for my tastes.
Just like this thread is turning out to be. Some of it wears me out just reading it!

I DO have Facebook and I love it! But I use mine to stay in touch with family members that are far away and some friends. No drama and that's the way I like it. I'm one of those weird people, I guess. My FB 'friends' are people I actually know personally.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:26 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
My FB 'friends' are people I actually know personally.
Me too ... along with a few special City-Data folks.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:28 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,776,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
OMG.....really?

Old 06-23-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Surely you don't actually believe this?

Are you just expressing sarcasm and I missed it? (I almost hope that you are and that I did rather than think someone believes that silliness)

Old 06-23-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Surely you don't actually believe this?

Are you just expressing sarcasm and I missed it? (I almost hope that you are and that I did rather than think someone believes that silliness)
I don't like how people say your relationship has to be facebook official or it doesn't count.

But I accept the fact that's how it is.

One of the reasons I'm reluctant to date is because of the grey area where you're dating but it's not facebook official yet. I don't want to date someone only to never get credit.

Facebook has the relationship status for a reason. If you're in a relationship, it's expected that your relationship status will say it. Why else would facebook have the relationship status?

Old 06-23-2011, 10:46 AM

To get you to provide more personal information, silly.

Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to provide it. It also asks for telephone numbers, personal emails, where you live, etc. You don't provide all of that information, do you? And if you do, then you need to remove it as quickly as you can. You don't need that kind of personal information out there on the internet.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
To get you to provide more personal information, silly.

Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to provide it. It also asks for telephone numbers, personal emails, where you live, etc. You don't provide all of that information, do you? And if you do, then you need to remove it as quickly as you can. You don't need that kind of personal information out there on the internet.
Surely you must realize there is a difference between listing your relationship status and listing your address.

Your address is personal information so I can see why people wouldn't want to list their address. I don't list my address.

The relationship status is just a fun thing.

When someone is in a relationship but their status says single, that's just wrong.

If you don't list your status at all, that's not as bad. However, I don't like it when a girl I have a thing for doesn't list her relationship status. There is a girl that was perfect for me but she didn't list her relationship status. For all I know, it's possible that she has/had a boyfriend. I have a fear of rejection, so that's part of the reason I never asked her out. But another part of the reason is because she didn't list her relationship status. I didn't want to ask her out only to find out she's taken. And I was thinking "She probably won't list her relationship status if we become a couple, so why bother?"

I don't think she's perfect for me anymore, but that's not the point.

If I got a girlfriend, I would want my profile to say it. I was not a ladies man in high school. So I would want my high school friends to see that I got a girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships