Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Wouldn't trade it!

I can keep up with friends, family, high school reunions and lots of other things. Several of my kids friends are on my friends list as well.

The only problem I have is those damn Farmville updates from friends who play it. I can't block them! They drive me nucking futs!

Thank God I keep my friends list under 100 or i'd go insane, all because of Farmville...
Whenever you see another Farmville update post from one of your contacts, move your mouse to the right side and an "X" will appear. Click on the "X" and FB will give you the options to "Hide all Posts by (username)" and "Hide all posts by (application such as Farmville)" ... Once I clicked "hide all posts by (application)", I have never seen a single Farmville (or other application) type post again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 08:13 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
I don't understand what's so bad about the facial recognition feature.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:43 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
Girl I used to be friends with wants nothing to do with me.

We went about 9 months without talking. I don't remember the exact time frame, but 9 months is an estimate. And we might of talked some during the 9 months, but not much.

We stopped talking for various reasons (nothing bad though)

So I posted something on her facebook wall saying "I haven't talked to you in a long time. How have you been?"

I also tried to talk to her on FaceChat

She didn't respond to either

She deleted me as a facebook friend.

I don't understand why someone I used to be friends with suddenly decided she wanted nothing to do with me, especially since I made it clear I still want to be friends.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:33 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Whenever you see another Farmville update post from one of your contacts, move your mouse to the right side and an "X" will appear. Click on the "X" and FB will give you the options to "Hide all Posts by (username)" and "Hide all posts by (application such as Farmville)" ... Once I clicked "hide all posts by (application)", I have never seen a single Farmville (or other application) type post again.
I don't have a laptop, I have a BlackBerry. I prefer multi-functional toys!

Thanks for the info though. Next time I go into town i'll try and run by the library and use the computer there.

These Farmville updates are enough to drive a crazy person sane!

Old 06-10-2011, 12:33 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post

We went about 9 months without talking. I don't remember the exact time frame, but 9 months is an estimate. And we might of talked some during the 9 months, but not much.

So I posted something on her facebook wall saying "I haven't talked to you in a long time. How have you been?"

I don't understand why someone I used to be friends with suddenly decided she wanted nothing to do with me, especially since I made it clear I still want to be friends.
Maybe she got a boyfriend? Or maybe you post questionable stuff on your FB?

Old 06-10-2011, 12:40 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post

You have tried, it is her loss for get about it. Life is too short there are other friends

Old 06-10-2011, 02:16 PM

44,351 posts, read 20,056,503 times
I'm not at all interested in Facebook. Something that really ticks me off about it is, when a friend invites me to join and I decline the invitation, FB keeps sending me automatic repeat invitations, e.g. "Are you sure you want to decline X's invitation to join?" YES, I'm SURE! Leave me alone, Facebook! No means no. FB sends me follow-ups for about a month each time someone invites me to join. I find it extremely annoying.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:20 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I'm not at all interested in Facebook. Something that really ticks me off about it is, when a friend invites me to join and I decline the invitation, FB keeps sending me automatic repeat invitations, e.g. "Are you sure you want to decline X's invitation to join?" YES, I'm SURE! Leave me alone, Facebook! No means no. FB sends me follow-ups for about a month each time someone invites me to join. I find it extremely annoying.
I think the part that I dislike the most is when FB recommends people "that I might know". I look at their recommendations and think "Who are these people?". There was a time that you could click the little X and eliminate those recommendations. They removed that.

When someone asks me to join one of those apps like Farmville or any of the others, I block the app! I must have about 40 or 50 blocked apps ... but I never receive a repeat invitation again. Give it a try.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:24 PM

44,351 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I think the part that I dislike the most is when FB recommends people "that I might know". I look at their recommendations and think "Who are these people?". There was a time that you could click the little X and eliminate those recommendations. They removed that.

When someone asks me to join one of those apps like Farmville or any of the others, I block the app! I must have about 40 or 50 blocked apps ... but I never receive a repeat invitation again. Give it a try.
Thanks, Charley. I've never been on Facebook, so I don't get those app things you're talking about. (Thank goodness!) I just get the invitations to join.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:26 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Thanks, Charley. I've never been on Facebook, so I don't get those app things you're talking about. (Thank goodness!) I just get the invitations to join.
Oh, to join in general. Sorry. I misunderstood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships