Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 08:10 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
You know what? Curiously people around me at job always felt well(at least I was told so). On my last job(which lasted 2 years and a half), I was kinda that "Joke guy", my co-workes used to say I was very funny and a pleasant person. But something inside hadn't let me go any further on them, past worktime. When the last day working there came to me, we changed phone numbers but, the day after I just deleted most of them...there's only one guy who barely talks to me, but I don't see him ever since(7 months ago).

On the other hand, I like being alone, I think people like me are much stronger than anyone around. We know how to deal with most of situations using just our brain's capacity. The price to pay is, and I know it's true, a short life. Loneliness makes you live less than other ones but I don't care because everybody dies someday... I just wanna be well-succeded without having to go deep on any friendship.
Believe it or not....for some people, that IS normal. You can be a good person and yet still be comfortable in your own skin, not need to be surrounded by people and close friends all the time. We simply live in a time where there are more people, living in closer proximity to each other, less spread out than they used to be, but that doesn't mean that some people don't prefer spending time alone.

I don't know that that makes a person any "stronger" than someone who is a "people person" with lots of friends though. Some loners are either hypercritical of others or insecure in themselves and prefer their own company. Those people are most definitely not "stronger" than others. It takes great strength to tolerate imperfection in others, to accept others exactly as they are. Again though....there's nothing wrong with a person who doesn't require a slew of close, personal friends. Clearly you have interactions with others at work and that's close enough for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 09:27 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
ricardobrazil.....don't pay no mind to what some dumb magazine says.....if you're comfortable being the way you are...then that's good.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:12 PM

678 posts, read 1,204,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
ricardobrazil.....don't pay no mind to what some dumb magazine says.....if you're comfortable being the way you are...then that's good.
I feel very well right now, I just got worried about my professional future.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:22 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
You know what? Curiously people around me at job always felt well(at least I was told so). On my last job(which lasted 2 years and a half), I was kinda that "Joke guy", my co-workes used to say I was very funny and a pleasant person. But something inside hadn't let me go any further on them, past worktime. When the last day working there came to me, we changed phone numbers but, the day after I just deleted most of them...there's only one guy who barely talks to me, but I don't see him ever since(7 months ago).

On the other hand, I like being alone, I think people like me are much stronger than anyone around. We know how to deal with most of situations using just our brain's capacity. The price to pay is, and I know it's true, a short life. Loneliness makes you live less than other ones but I don't care because everybody dies someday... I just wanna be well-succeded without having to go deep on any friendship.
That's cool. I was addressing your fear of humans. I am a human and you shouldn't be afraid of me.

What you want is what you got. Its okay to not want deep friendships so it really should have no impact on your life. However, you are worried about what you have read. If anything this will bring stress to your life. If you are worried about something and you have the ability to change it, you need to change it. Otherwise, stop worrying about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships