Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,468,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
I like to make people miserable..to make them regret their everyday existence everyday whenever I make my presence known around them.

Actually, that could work well. Here's how you do it:

Step 1 - throw a rock at someone; make sure to hit them where it hurts and don't let them see you do it
Step 2 - run over and ask them if they're all right
Step 3 - provide medical care
Step 4 - receive a hug of gratitude for your effort

[repeat daily ]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 12:30 AM

244 posts, read 707,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

Step 1 - throw a rock at someone; make sure to hit them where it hurts and don't let them see you do it

[repeat daily ]
^^^^Most legit thing I heard. I'm seriously going to try this with some friends of mine. lol

Old 02-29-2012, 12:33 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

[repeat daily ]
Ha ha, sounds so very Munchhausen-by-proxy. I just might try this, actually. But really just for the part with the rock.

Night-night, all...

Old 03-01-2012, 01:05 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It's a simple question. Do you like making other people happy? It seems that many people on here are so hung up on what others are doing or not doing for them. People scream "entitlement" constantly! "She thinks she's entitled to a good looking guy who makes a lot of money and treats her well when really she should settle for me!" "He thinks he's entitled to a hot wife you dotes on him when really he should settle for me!" People fight about who puts how much effort into dating and romancing. People fight about which gender looks better or acts better or does more... But I look at my own life - and I feel soooooo lucky - and I realize that none of these things ever come up in my life. And I wonder if it's partly because I like making other people happy. I honestly do. It's not a chore. I don't bemoan the fact that I have to dress up for someone or cook for someone or take care of someone. I enjoy it. I like having my friends and neighbors over for dinner. I like throwing parties. I like taking care of my husband. I like taking care of my dog. I like taking care of my baby. I like making other people HAPPY! It makes me feel good!
So - do you like making other people happy?
Dewdrop, your positivity in the sea of negativity known as City Data Relationships Forum makes me happy lol

Old 03-01-2012, 01:09 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,381,008 times
Quote:
It's a simple question. Do you like making other people happy?
Sometimes.

If a friend is down or having a problem or its their birthday or they need a pick me up, I'd like to do something to cheer they up, make them happy or feel good.

But not all the time. I like being around people that are happy all on their own without my needing to do anything. Sometimes I just don't want the work.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:59 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,637 times
Quote:
It's a simple question. Do you like making other people happy? It seems that many people on here are so hung up on what others are doing or not doing for them. People scream "entitlement" constantly! "She thinks she's entitled to a good looking guy who makes a lot of money and treats her well when really she should settle for me!" "He thinks he's entitled to a hot wife you dotes on him when really he should settle for me!" People fight about who puts how much effort into dating and romancing. People fight about which gender looks better or acts better or does more... But I look at my own life - and I feel soooooo lucky - and I realize that none of these things ever come up in my life. And I wonder if it's partly because I like making other people happy. I honestly do. It's not a chore. I don't bemoan the fact that I have to dress up for someone or cook for someone or take care of someone. I enjoy it. I like having my friends and neighbors over for dinner. I like throwing parties. I like taking care of my husband. I like taking care of my dog. I like taking care of my baby. I like making other people HAPPY! It makes me feel good!

Thank you! This made my day. I love to take care of others and be of service in the areas I operate best.
If I am taking care of another, even in small ways, I just feel happier.

Last night I re-filled my guy's drink, made him some dinner, just small things a lot of folks believe you don't "need" to do for another. That's whre folks get hung up. I wish more people would stop worrying about what it might mean and just tend to each other.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:00 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary324 View Post
I like being taken care of showered with gifts taken to places I like to go to. We women need to learn to better train our husbands.

What a disgusting dispaly of spoiled entitlement. I am kinda sorry for you.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Maybe I should have phrased this, "Do you like doing nice things for other people?" since a lot of people are interpreting this thread as "Do you feel responsible for the overall happiness of others?" - which isn't what I meant... Oops!

Old 03-01-2012, 02:36 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,833,968 times
Quote:
NO! A big fat huge flaming NO.

Each person's happiness is their own responsibility.

and when I'm in a really good mood and happy, I have lots of love to share. But is that my responsibility? No.

My goal in life? No.

To each their own I say! don't turn into a people pleaser bc you can't stand on your head in enough ways to possibly please all the people in your life..... anything more than n=1 will lead to self damage.

But if doing nice things for other people makes YOU happy, then go right on ahead.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:45 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,425,556 times
Quote:
Maybe I should have phrased this, "Do you like doing nice things for other people?" since a lot of people are interpreting this thread as "Do you feel responsible for the overall happiness of others?" - which isn't what I meant... Oops!

I'm not a nurturer type.

I rather do anonymous, behind the scenes good deeds, than make someone happy on a daily basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships