Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2012, 09:18 AM

845 posts, read 1,349,308 times

Advertisements

So where I lived before I had a list full of friends. We would hang out and do all kinds of stuff together. Most of us worked together, so sometimes it would take place after work or even on slow days during work. I was happy. I liked the situation I was in; going to school, being with people I loved, the job wasn't the greatest but it was something that I liked doing.

Now I moved recently. It takes me about 3 to 3.5 hours to drive there. I moved to better my living and got a better job that pays more and has better benefits. Even though I moved, I still want to be in touch with my friends. I do have to return there at least once a month due to my custody agreement. I was going to use that time to visit my friends while I stay there for that weekend.

However, it seems like the Universe is fighting me every step of the way to prevent me from going there or from seeing these friends. Has anybody had this similar situation where they meet some incredible people and be-friended them, but the Universe made it so that you couldn't see them? Even if you tried to work around it so that you payed your bills off or you made accommodations to either stay with your friends or stayed at a hotel, the Universe always came up with another way to stop you from doing anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 09:26 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,346,810 times
You chose to move. The "universe" didn't force it. This is one of those life decisions we make. What's more important, our career or our friends and family?

I've gone through this process myself and chose to move 800 miles from all my close friends and family and it's tough sometimes, but it was my decision.

So, if you really miss your friends that much then maybe you should reconsider your career choices.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:30 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
So where I lived before I had a list full of friends. We would hang out and do all kinds of stuff together. Most of us worked together, so sometimes it would take place after work or even on slow days during work. I was happy. I liked the situation I was in; going to school, being with people I loved, the job wasn't the greatest but it was something that I liked doing.

Now I moved recently. It takes me about 3 to 3.5 hours to drive there. I moved to better my living and got a better job that pays more and has better benefits. Even though I moved, I still want to be in touch with my friends. I do have to return there at least once a month due to my custody agreement. I was going to use that time to visit my friends while I stay there for that weekend.

However, it seems like the Universe is fighting me every step of the way to prevent me from going there or from seeing these friends. Has anybody had this similar situation where they meet some incredible people and be-friended them, but the Universe made it so that you couldn't see them? Even if you tried to work around it so that you payed your bills off or you made accommodations to either stay with your friends or stayed at a hotel, the Universe always came up with another way to stop you from doing anything?

If you are there because of a custody agreement are you taking the child to visit or are you visiting the child?

If you are visiting the child you should just visit the child. If you are taking the child then I understand wanting to visit. The universe has nothing to do with you being unable to spend time with your friends. That happens to be called LIFE and it does not always conform to your own agenda, time frame or convenience. Your friends are moving forward in their lives like you did with yours when you moved.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:40 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,898 times
You'll have to rebuild a social network in the area that you live in now. This takes a lot of time and will require you to place yourself into situations where you will meet people to befriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships