U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:55 PM

850 posts, read 1,381,510 times

Advertisements

Everyone, thanks so much for your thoughts on this issue.

Atlantis, you hit the nail on the head. This person is a narcissist. I gave the friendship a chance, maybe more chances than I should have, I kept the hope alive that she would prove me wrong and be a good friend. But she didn't change, she couldn't change because that's not who she is. At least I put myself out there. Wherever she is and whatever she is doing, I have to think she is still the same old gal and is still selfish with a delusions of grandour. Her personality is probably why she never had a relationship that lasted longer than 1 1/2 yrs. As for girlfriends, they never last longer than 2 yrs.

I feel like a fool in a way because I thought I could help, but feel like I just got walked over. Dealing with myself treating myself so bad, with such little regard, how can I move past that?

Thanks for your replies. Life has gone on and it's much better without her negative influence. I deserve better from people. I really do.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 07:47 PM

559 posts, read 1,248,136 times
This is another link that's helpful to me:
Try Someone Else - How to stay out of the Scapegoat Role, the Doormat Role, the Sucker Role and the Unappreciated Role... LIGHT'S HOUSE

Old 09-11-2012, 06:09 AM

2,766 posts, read 2,439,880 times
Other people's character defects are just your personal preferences asserting themselves.

It's your conscious or sub-conscious saying "This person is not right for you."

Old 09-17-2012, 12:06 AM

4,094 posts, read 3,740,407 times
I think Millenia98 is right - too many of us get dragged down by some of our "friends" and this is what makes us exhausted, drained, depressed and generally feeling terrible.

It really affects our life in more ways than we realise and we behave like sh1ts to the people we love just because others are giving us a bad day. It is too easy to pass on these bad vibes to others without really meaning to.

So, it is only fair to ourselves that we surround ourselves with positive, happy and loving people who can support us and make us feel better. We are far more likely to be able to give those qualities to others if we are receiving them ourselves on a regular basis.

Some people say "How can we have love to give others if we do not have love ourselves first" and this involves treating ourselves nicely, kindly, and in a respectful way so that we feel safe, secure and understand our own needs. THEN we can assess what others need and help them to find that in their relationships with us and others.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:30 PM

5 posts, read 2,784 times
How to get out of the friend zone with a girl and become her lover? This is the most common situation that happens to 95% of single men, including myself 2 years ago. So you have a female friend and both of you are having something great going on.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:58 PM

8,825 posts, read 6,618,995 times
that's very wise skankapotamus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships