U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 06:08 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,508,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Childfree here, also. The few people (acquaintances, never friends) who ever dared give me flack about it were quickly deemed "idiot" by me.
I am indifferent to kids, but I out-and-out hate bosses, and think they should all be dead. Now that I get some flack for! Why, I don't know.

ah hahahahaha ROTFLMBunsO.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 08:01 AM

2,379 posts, read 5,557,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
. . . Molochai, count me as another who is not into diamonds!
Yeah! I'm not the only one! I told my husband if he ever bought me diamonds I would kick his butt. My engagement ring is a deep purple amethyst (my birthstone) and I love it.

I also told him we could have kids if he got pregnant, gave birth, and took care of the kid until it was about 18 or so.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 AM

2,275 posts, read 5,844,288 times
I have diamonds in my engagement ring, but nothing huge. I do love my ring, but it's pretty much the only jewelry I wear. I'm not much into jewelry at all - it just gets in my way.

Now photography equipment? That's another story. I'd much rather have a new photography toy than jewelry, clothes, or shoes, thankyouverymuch.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:44 AM
miu

17,610 posts, read 36,291,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm surprised none of you get accused of being gay.
A single woman or man with no kids= gay to some people.
I don't no why.
Seriously? And what would people think of a single woman with kids and no man around... being a loser baby momma who doesn't know how to find a decent man to marry before having children?

You know what is really annoying? Women who think that being pregnant and having a child is proof to the rest of the world that a man has loved her, when all that guy wanted was to sex her up. And men who get a woman pregnant in order to prove their virility to other men (and that is something that happens in macho cultures in Africa and with Hispanic cultures).

Last edited by miu; 09-19-2012 at 10:08 AM..

Old 09-22-2012, 12:18 AM

8,520 posts, read 14,607,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm surprised none of you get accused of being gay.
A single woman or man with no kids= gay to some people.
I don't no why.
Some things I have to keep to myself.

It doesn't help my case that I am clean cut, slender, and always well dressed.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:48 PM
miu

17,610 posts, read 36,291,223 times
What's ironic about my lack of interest in having children is that everyone (family, friends and co-workers) all seem to think that I would have made an awesome parent.... as in tons better than the average parent... because I have commonsense and use logic, I'm fair to others, have a good work ethic, and I'm so well spoken.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:58 PM

1,759 posts, read 3,372,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Addressing the guardianship idea in your post...My family knew we didn't plan on having kids and none of them put pressure on us or judged us negatively for our choice. Lucky us! About ten years in, happily child-free, my sister called me sort of excited and asked me, as if it would be an honor, to be the legal guardian for her baby girl if it was ever necessary. I didn't even consult my husband - but I did tell him about it later. My sister was shocked and dismayed and personally affronted that I declined the offer. I was stunned that she thought I'd want to dedicate my life to raising someone else's child when I didn't even want one of my own. Child-rearing is such an expected part of our experience - people have a really hard time believing that someone would choose and be happy without children.
I don't have children. At times, I wanted one, but the marriage didn't work out and then life and employment started getting more and more uncertain. I wanted to have one child as soon as were were married, and then QUIT! (I was 33 then) but my now ex-husband said no way, he wanted just the two of us together for a while. He suddenly decided at age 40 that HE was ready for a child, but by that time I was so disillusioned by him and his running us deep into debt that I didn't want to have a child with him anymore; I just wanted out. It's too late now, but I'm okay with that because I no longer want to do the actual work of raising a child, nor do I want to be tied down and debt-strapped. I'm just not wired to be a mother, I do believe. I never had the strong need to be a parent, and I had a lot of interesting things going on while I was in my 20s and 30s so I don't feel that being childless is a bad thing or that I wasted my life or anything. The only problem I have is that I'm in a hick town of family life or no life for women, and the single males are all losers, and the married males are all cheating on their wives and making passes at me. It really saddens me that men here will only talk to me about either children, or sex. Dam, I am not mama, and it's always a mistake to bring up sex just 15 minutes after you've met someone. (snort! )

Regarding the two guardianship scenarios presented: For whatever strange reason, I would find taking in the child or children of a friend or relative to be a far less scary proposition than going through pregnancy and giving birth. LOL. There definitely is something miswired in my DNA, I think. The kid I know and have already spent some time is less frightening than whatever demon spawn I might produce, I guess.

My uterus is for sale, if anyone is looking to try a transplant. lololololol! It's the least I can do: Give it a second chance.

http://youtu.be/Tyullr7-Q2M

Last edited by SorryIMovedBack; 09-22-2012 at 09:27 PM..

Old 09-23-2012, 12:06 AM

8,374 posts, read 11,641,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Seriously? And what would people think of a single woman with kids and no man around... being a loser baby momma who doesn't know how to find a decent man to marry before having children?

You know what is really annoying? Women who think that being pregnant and having a child is proof to the rest of the world that a man has loved her, when all that guy wanted was to sex her up. And men who get a woman pregnant in order to prove their virility to other men (and that is something that happens in macho cultures in Africa and with Hispanic cultures).
It actually sounds to me as if OP's friend might be such a guy that has 11 children by different women.
He only had 2 pics in his wallet? What about the other 8?

In my opinion,a baby mother gets more respect than a single,childless woman.
I think people think of them as...poor and unfortunate.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:25 AM

25,649 posts, read 18,789,215 times
Some Tool: "Do you have any kids?"

Me: "No."

Some Tool: "Why not?"

Me: (Thinking: Seriously? Do you even know me?) "Just not my thing."

Some Tool: "Why do you hate kids?"

Idiots.

I hear that one a LOT! Because I have no desire to have kids, it automatically means I hate kids. Yah, that must be it. The other one is, "I'm so jealous of all your free time. You get to do whatever you want."

That would be kind of the POINT!

BTW: I wear comfortable, (yet stylish...well, Vans, black or Harley Davidson boots) shoes, but I have long hair. I don't do a lot of "girlie" things and it has been MY experience, (I'm not saying all girls who are "girlie" are like this...I said MY experience), that most of them are fake and phony. I'm not necessarily interested in "guy" things...really don't give a crap about cars except to ensure that mine works, not really in to the three main sports here, (booooooring), hate getting dirty, anything "guy" like that I've learned to do was out of complete necessity, not because I wanted to...but sometimes I still get asked if I'm "gay".

So because I like to be comfy, don't want to have kids, (in addition to all that other girly stuff that just really bores me), some people go straight for: gay.

Again I say: Idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships