Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:29 PM

521 posts, read 762,786 times

Advertisements

My mother accused me of sleeping with my father on numerous occassions when I lived at home. I couldn't believe that she would think such a terrible thing. It's disgusting. and it still hurts me to this day. I don't understand this this makes me hate her. Why did I have to have such messed up parents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 05:12 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,594,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
My mother accused me of sleeping with my father on numerous occassions when I lived at home. I couldn't believe that she would think such a terrible thing. It's disgusting. and it still hurts me to this day. I don't understand this this makes me hate her. Why did I have to have such messed up parents?
My mother once accused my step-father of inappropriate behavior with me. He had done nothing even remotely like it! Turns out, she herself had been routinely victimized at a very young age, and so was over-reacting to some completely normal behavior.

I have no idea if that's what's going on with your mother, but it's a possibility.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:26 PM

468 posts, read 553,469 times
Your mom clearly has some deep seated issues that might not be related to you..they just manifest themselves in that manner. Are you close to your dad? Is/Was there something going on between yuor parents? Maybe your dad had some sort of problem and your mom couldn't deal with it, so she projected onto you?

I hope this isn't harsh but..maybe your mom associates you with something unpleasant? Did she ever mention WHY she accused you?

And you're not alone; lots of people have totally dysfunctional parents, even if they're the picture of a happy family.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
Your mom clearly has some deep seated issues that might not be related to you..they just manifest themselves in that manner. Are you close to your dad? Is/Was there something going on between yuor parents? Maybe your dad had some sort of problem and your mom couldn't deal with it, so she projected onto you?

I hope this isn't harsh but..maybe your mom associates you with something unpleasant? Did she ever mention WHY she accused you?

And you're not alone; lots of people have totally dysfunctional parents, even if they're the picture of a happy family.
Sometimes my dad and I dont get along and we don't speak to one another. My mother thinks something sexual happened which is so far from the truth.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:38 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Yeah, this is more than just "insecure." This sounds like mental illness.

Accusing your child of incest is beyond mere dysfunction. I would sever ties with my mother if she said this to me.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:50 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:

I agree with the ones who are labeling your mother mentally ill. Is she an alcoholic? That could have something to do with her inability to filter her inappropriate thought patterns, etc.

It's time for you to adopt someone else's mother or grandmother. There are plenty of healthy folks out there in need of good company and love, too.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yeah, this is more than just "insecure." This sounds like mental illness.

Accusing your child of incest is beyond mere dysfunction. I would sever ties with my mother if she said this to me.
What type of mental illness would you call this?

Quote:
I agree with the ones who are labeling your mother mentally ill. Is she an alcoholic? That could have something to do with her inability to filter her inappropriate thought patterns, etc.

It's time for you to adopt someone else's mother or grandmother. There are plenty of healthy folks out there in need of good company and love, too.
She's sober when she makes these accusations. That is the sad part

Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 PM

468 posts, read 553,469 times
Quote:
Sometimes my dad and I dont get along and we don't speak to one another. My mother thinks something sexual happened which is so far from the truth.
There has to be more to this. Suspecting sexual abuse/relationship isn't the first thing a mother thinks when a father doesn't get along with a child. Why would she think this? And why would she 'blame' you? Has she confronted your father? What about your dad makes her think he'd get sexual with his own daughter?

Old 12-13-2012, 09:15 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
The question should be what are you doing to move past your dysfunctional mother? I grew up with a similar problem only my father had some unnatural thoughts about what was appropriate contact between a father and teenage daughter. I was uncomfortable after his second nocturnal visit and laid there terrified pretending to be a sleep. I told my mother about it and the visits stopped but the abuse by my mother escalated. I think she was jealous of the fact that my father paid more attention to me than her. In her sick alcoholic mind she viewed me as a rival. I had no control over her crazy misguided thought process so I focused on escaping the dysfunction and making my life better. There is nothing you can do about your crazy mother's accusations. She will believe what she wants to believe. Just focus on making yourself happy.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:08 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,759,960 times
You've asked why you have messed up parents. It doesn't matter why. Life is isn't fair. It simply is what it is . You play the hand you're dealt to the best of your ability..

What's important is how you respond to it and how you move past it. You can't fix your parents and even understanding their motivations won't change the way they behave. Put the crazy behavior on your mother's part in the past, Keep a distance from her so she doesn't involve you in silly drama

Go after what you want from life and leave the past behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships