U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 AM

242 posts, read 329,057 times

Advertisements

Have you ever met anyone like that?

Attractive people can make themselves look extremly ugly. I met a gal yesturday that I thought was attractive, than once we started talking I actually felt bad for her. The only thing of value that she thinks she has to offer are her "good looks". Nothing else. I mean this gal was stuck on herself.

Her "good looks" went from "avergage looks" to downright ugly. To be honest I wouldn't call her a 10 out of 10. If I had to place a number on her, she would be a 7 out of 10.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 AM

19,948 posts, read 5,665,267 times
Someone turned you down?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:41 AM

141 posts, read 218,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post

Attractive people can make themselves look extremly ugly. I met a gal yesturday that I thought was attractive, than once we started talking I actually felt bad for her. The only thing of value that she thinks she has to offer are her "good looks". Nothing else. I mean this gal was stuck on herself.

Her "good looks" went from "avergage looks" to downright ugly. To be honest I wouldn't call her a 10 out of 10. If I had to place a number on her, she would be a 7 out of 10.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people that are in this terrible "mental condition". Low self esteem is probably the root of the problem. Many people place a massive amount of self worth on how they look and after a while even the looks start to fade and than what?

Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 AM

8,176 posts, read 17,739,582 times
Sadly, if you go to the relationship forum that's all you see is people putting too much judgement on a persons looks.

She's probably ready too many glamor mags that says a guy won't like you unless you're a 10.

I'm glad I got a real man.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:16 AM

141 posts, read 218,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Sadly, if you go to the relationship forum that's all you see is people putting too much judgement on a persons looks.

She's probably ready too many glamor mags that says a guy won't like you unless you're a 10.

I'm glad I got a real man.

I know of guys that have given up on relationships because they think they are not good looking enough. They have some how come to the realization, only good looking guys can have girlfriends.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 AM

8,176 posts, read 17,739,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. Kencade View Post
I know of guys that have given up on relationships because they think they are not good looking enough. They have some how come to the realization, only good looking guys can have girlfriends.
It truly does go both ways. Girls are told unless they are hot, no one will want them.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 AM

9,006 posts, read 9,530,663 times
Quote:

LOL let me guess-- she'a a 20 something?
That's the new generation of narcissists, & they're all about themselves.
They feel the need to seek out constant attention & continuous compliments; an actual personality would be nice, but they are clueless in that department.

Btw, the cliche' that beauty is only skin deep holds true, lol

Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 AM

18,434 posts, read 32,591,741 times
Quote:

This is how my ex bf was. He was a great guy, or so I thought, lovely physique, handsome. Then he started up with the telling me that my friends should be jealous of me because I am with him and they are not.

He had muscles beyond belief but still could not get enough gym time in...

None of that was very attractive. I cut my losses.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,891,061 times
Default Hot to Ugly

Quote:

Not sure what you mean by the decline in good looks. Assuming you are speaking of her bad self-image, I have never met a hottie who wasn't a professional victim. They would be ... if only he/she didn't ... Usually they have a story to tell. But that doesn't prevent them from workin' it. Nice to be them.

I have noticed that folks hook up with people that look like them.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 AM

12,565 posts, read 15,319,896 times
Knew a girl like that, very pretty. But she was such a narcissist, her personality was horrible. I told her once, "looks aren't everything". I've never seen anyone get so mad. Her reply was, "LOOKS ARE EVERYTHING!". She couldn't believe I wanted nothing to do with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships