Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 12:42 PM

360 posts, read 984,656 times

Advertisements

I am still Facebook friends with this girl that I talked to almost a year ago.

But now whenever we cross paths with each other, she did not say hi. Yet we are still Facebook friends. Moments like this just get kinda awkward for me and i did not understand why she would not verbally recognize my presence. Now i'm actually contemplating deleting her from my friends list.

Has anyone else been in such a situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,827,476 times
Just delete her. What difference does it make?

Why is this even an issue? What do you think will happen if you delete her? She'll stop talking to you in public? LOL

Old 11-02-2013, 01:04 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,229,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowjoe View Post
I am still Facebook friends with this girl that I talked to almost a year ago.

But now whenever we cross paths with each other, she did not say hi. Yet we are still Facebook friends. Moments like this just get kinda awkward for me and i did not understand why she would not verbally recognize my presence. Now i'm actually contemplating deleting her from my friends list.

Has anyone else been in such a situation?
Take her off your page. There is no good reason to give someone who can't even say hello access to your personal information and your family.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:07 PM

9,894 posts, read 14,184,219 times
Reason #324 why I don't have a Facebook account.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:41 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,078,194 times
Why do so many put such value on Facebook.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:22 PM

35,168 posts, read 31,475,700 times
I've added people I've met casually in bars or at sporting events on Facebook and sometimes they deleted me or I've deleted them. If you want to "keep up" with their life, leave them on. If not, delete them. If she didn't talk to you, I'm sure she's not keeping up on you.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:14 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,175,329 times
Delete her. I had a similar situation. I live in a subdivision of a 100 houses. The people here think they are social but they really aren't. Anyway, I get a Facebook request from a woman that lives in my sub. She also writes for the local newspaper. Since our HOA has a Facebook page she probably saw me on there. She sent me a friend request. I was a bit surprised but figured whatever and accepted. About 6 months later I am out front working on the yard and she power walks by the house. I wave and say hi to her. The look she gave me was, who the hell are you? I almost busted out laughing because it was a complete snarl look on her face. I wanted say hey dumb*** you sent me a friend request on Facebook. I refrained. I deleted her. There are people that just go nuts sending out tons of friend requests to people they don't even know or care to know.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:23 AM

54 posts, read 135,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Why do so many put such value on Facebook.
Agree. It's not that big of a deal. I'm more worry about the info I put in my account and my profile so I don't have to worry about the people I have as "friend".

Old 11-03-2013, 06:30 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,078,194 times
Better yet, get off facebook and dont worry about it at all. No one needs to be on facebook

Old 11-03-2013, 07:53 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,673,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Delete her. I had a similar situation. I live in a subdivision of a 100 houses. The people here think they are social but they really aren't. Anyway, I get a Facebook request from a woman that lives in my sub. She also writes for the local newspaper. Since our HOA has a Facebook page she probably saw me on there. She sent me a friend request. I was a bit surprised but figured whatever and accepted. About 6 months later I am out front working on the yard and she power walks by the house. I wave and say hi to her. The look she gave me was, who the hell are you? I almost busted out laughing because it was a complete snarl look on her face. I wanted say hey dumb*** you sent me a friend request on Facebook. I refrained. I deleted her. There are people that just go nuts sending out tons of friend requests to people they don't even know or care to know.
People who work PR or in the media use FB for professional reasons. She probably added you to increase her social media reach. My guess is that she adds anyone and everyone she can. Friend requesting you was nothing personal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships