Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 11:09 AM

122 posts, read 349,286 times

Advertisements

I don’t get why some couples (always females) insist on posting a million pics of them and their BF on social networks.

Before you say I am jealous, Im not. I have a BF, yes we have pics together (not many since none of us like taking pics). I have about 4 up on Instagram on FB.

One of my friends (I should add her new BF left his wife and kids for her) anyways that’s another story lol

Well she posts about 10 pics a day.

Pics of them eating dinner, driving in the car, pics in the mirror, pics of him sleeping, pics of the dinner they're eating, pics of them making weird faces, pics of them kissing

I unfollowed her on Instagram because she was flooding my feed with pics of her and her BF.

I am not one who makes my relationship public. No one needs to know our business except me and my BF. Anyone else annoyed by this? Or maybe you have seen something similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 11:20 AM

993 posts, read 2,292,236 times
I don't understand why people do this either. Thankfully, I don't have anyone like this on FB or anywhere. I would have to unfriend them.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:25 AM

6,460 posts, read 7,800,319 times
My answer is completely dependent on the physical appearance of the female in the relationship and what she is wearing.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:29 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,067,667 times
I dont understand why anyone would give a damn what goes on Facebook.

Repeat:....Facebook is not real. Facebook is not necessary. Get off the computer.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:36 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,160,231 times
OP, I hear you! I'm engaged, very happy, but I rarely post pics of us on FB. My Fiance hates taking pictures so I'm not one to post a bunch of us. But I know what you mean - I have a friend who also does this. She posts tons of pictures of her and her "man" and gives the illusion that they are a happy couple, when I actually know the truth and it is nothing like what it's portrayed on FB. I don't say anything out of respect for our friendship, because she really struggles in a lot of areas in her life and I just think this makes her feel better. But it is annoying and I can't help but roll my eyes. I've taken to hiding her on my newsfeed because I don't like to feel annoyed by her actions. I believe she means well, but needs this "bragging" to feel good about herself, which in turn makes me sad. But she's also the type that if I were to bring this up to her, she'd just deny it...so it's really not worth it to me to say something as I don't want to upset her.

Personally, besides this particular thing on FB, FB in general just bugs me and brings out the worst in some people and also brings out these traits (bragging, look at me, etc) in people you never thought had those tendencies, or just was so downright insecure. FB just bugs me.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:40 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,768,812 times
There is an option on FB that can filter that "voyeur couples".
I do that.
The same with new mom who keeps gazillions pictures of her babies on FB.
I filter those two groups.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:47 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,997,451 times
FB has a setting where you can stop all the flooding with boring pictures.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:56 AM

122 posts, read 349,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
OP, I hear you! I'm engaged, very happy, but I rarely post pics of us on FB. My Fiance hates taking pictures so I'm not one to post a bunch of us. But I know what you mean - I have a friend who also does this. She posts tons of pictures of her and her "man" and gives the illusion that they are a happy couple, when I actually know the truth and it is nothing like what it's portrayed on FB. I don't say anything out of respect for our friendship, because she really struggles in a lot of areas in her life and I just think this makes her feel better. But it is annoying and I can't help but roll my eyes. I've taken to hiding her on my newsfeed because I don't like to feel annoyed by her actions. I believe she means well, but needs this "bragging" to feel good about herself, which in turn makes me sad. But she's also the type that if I were to bring this up to her, she'd just deny it...so it's really not worth it to me to say something as I don't want to upset her.

Personally, besides this particular thing on FB, FB in general just bugs me and brings out the worst in some people and also brings out these traits (bragging, look at me, etc) in people you never thought had those tendencies, or just was so downright insecure. FB just bugs me.
I hid her from my news feed as well. When i had her BF on my FB (he deleted me lol) Id see them posting on eachothers walls every hour. I know she’d get butt hurt if I would unfriend her. I told her I deleted my Instagram because I was getting a lot of spam accounts. (not true) My BF doesnt like taking pics and I really dont either. But I'd still like a few of us together. Im thankful FB has that feature to hide people from your news feed!

Old 11-06-2013, 11:59 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,905,067 times
These are people who believe that if they convince others they're happy, that they really will BE happy.

"Look how happy my boyfriend and I are! Look at us smooching! Look at us! Look at us! Don't we look happy? LOOK at us!!!"

It's like their "life according to Facebook" is more important than their real life. It reminds me of the people who were actually present at the Boston marathon bombing, who said things like "It didn't really hit me until I saw the pictures later on Facebook" or "It was like it wasn't real until I saw it online."

Old 11-06-2013, 12:18 PM

54 posts, read 135,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-fused View Post
my answer is completely dependent on the physical appearance of the female in the relationship and what she is wearing.
:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships