Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 01:07 PM

206 posts, read 304,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I may be the odd man out here, but maybe after 7 months they thought you'd have gotten over it by now.

How were they "mean" to you anyway?
I tried but they were so mean to me it mad me still think about it. They were mean to me because they were rude to me had an attitude about everything. They would yell and get pissed when i made a little mistake
but some one else did they were no rude like that. Its like i felt like i was a no body around them they didnt even respect my boundary's when i demanded respect! i was like a joke..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 01:08 PM

415 posts, read 765,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
They don't take meds and if they had a diagnoses they would never know because they would never go to a therapist because of their pride. They do drink beer and smoke weed.
Hmm.... beer n weed is all good, way better than crashing off SSRI's...So that's not it, Hmm...

Old 02-01-2014, 01:09 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,218,928 times
3rd time - how do you define "mean"? What did they do, specifically?

Old 02-01-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
3rd time - how do you define "mean"? What did they do, specifically?

My definition of mean is a person who is rude,yelling, disrespectful, hostile towards you especially if you are not such a way! especially if they Don't feel remorse!

Old 02-01-2014, 01:52 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,452,717 times
But why? What were you doing "wrong" in their eyes?

Old 02-01-2014, 02:16 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,678,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
But why would they do that if i care about them? i thought we were like family ?
How often do you cut off communication with your family members for 7 months or more?

People often grow apart as they grow up - priorities change, lives and responsibilities change. It happens. *shrug*

Old 02-01-2014, 02:23 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,218,928 times
I had an acquaintance that would turn hateful at the bat of an eye. After the 2nd outburst with me (and witnessing it directed at others a couple of times), I just refused to have anything to do with her. It's like being around a pot that could boil over at any time, for no reason. Life's too short to deal with people that have anger issues.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:32 PM

52,348 posts, read 52,815,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
I had an acquaintance that would turn hateful at the bat of an eye. After the 2nd outburst with me (and witnessing it directed at others a couple of times), I just refused to have anything to do with her. It's like being around a pot that could boil over at any time, for no reason. Life's too short to deal with people that have anger issues.
Mrs. Chow has an aunt like that, you never know what's gonna set her off, half the time I avoid any kind of charged subject around her. We've had her go off on us a few times, she's done it to Mrs. Chow's mom over the yrs too.

I told Mrs. Chow that when ever they come into town, they live out of state, that I'm gonna have plans or busy with other things, make up work excuses or prior engagements.

Screw that noise, life is short as you've said, I ain't wasting my weekends or off time with A holes......

Old 02-01-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
But why? What were you doing "wrong" in their eyes?
Well in their eyes they act like i am not as so called smart as them so they feel like they are the ones who should take control of things. they act so hasty and aggressive

Old 02-01-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
How often do you cut off communication with your family members for 7 months or more?

People often grow apart as they grow up - priorities change, lives and responsibilities change. It happens. *shrug*
The only reason why i cut of contact with this person that they were too aggressive and they were not remorseful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships