Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 04:20 AM

51,661 posts, read 25,900,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experiment_2014 View Post
The way you ended this post is very telling of the respect or lack there of towards the people before you and the sacrifices they made. Tribes and then nations didn't survive by laying down with "the other". Sorry but not everyone wants to be a brown asian. Our differences are what makes us special. You are obviously not a fan of the Olympics because it celebrates the special differences we have as human beings.

Why don't you take your message to places like South Africa or Israel? What is with the white race and it's self hatred.
Good Lord, where did this come from?

I don't think it showed lack of respect. I viewed it as a comment on how their self-rightous, bigoted, hurtful, hateful attitudes left this earth with them. Gotta wonder how this will go over in heaven.

By the way, I loved KA's photo. Especially liked seeing the kids so comfortable on their Dad's hips.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:25 AM

Got to admire your husband for standing up to this nonsense and I can see how it would be wearing on the both of you.

Lot of good suggestions on this thread. I love the one about staying at a hotel with a great swimming pool or water park and inviting the relatives to come visit.

The grandmother and aunt are fools to think that their friends and neighbors don't have a clue about you and the kids. Who travels with their housekeeper for crying out loud?

Old 02-26-2014, 04:30 AM

97 posts, read 97,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Good Lord, where did this come from?

I don't think it showed lack of respect. I viewed it as a comment on how their self-rightous, bigoted, hurtful, hateful attitudes left this earth with them. Gotta wonder how this will go over in heaven.

By the way, I loved KA's photo. Especially liked seeing the kids so comfortable on their Dad's hips.
Wouldn't "KA's" statements and actions be perceived by them as self-rightous, bigoted, hurtful, hateful attitude?

Everyone has different experiences in life and it shapes the individuals we are. Neither side is "right" or "wrong". At the moment (And foreseeable future) KA's beliefs/actions are in the minority. Maybe one day when the entire planet is brown asians, it will be different. But by then she also will gone.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,109,064 times
Quote:
The way you ended this post is very telling of the respect or lack there of towards the people before you and the sacrifices they made. Tribes and then nations didn't survive by laying down with "the other". Sorry but not everyone wants to be a brown asian. Our differences are what makes us special. You are obviously not a fan of the Olympics because it celebrates the special differences we have as human beings.

Why don't you take your message to places like South Africa or Israel? What is with the white race and it's self hatred.
Wow! Just about the time I start feeling great about the progress we've made as humans when it comes to racism, "WHOOP DERE IT IS!"

Of course, I'm not naive - I know it's part of human nature to favor those most like ourselves (so is farting, by the way) - it's not the trait I have a problem with, it's the misapplication (racism or farting while standing in line at Starbucks).

The human race has "mixed" with other colors of skin, other cultures, etc since the beginning of recorded history. Ever heard of Sarah and Abraham, Solomon and the Queen of Sheba (in fact, Solomon had many foreign wives of different races - not that Solomon was married to the Queen of Sheba, who was Ethiopian, but he definitely had the hots for her!), Ruth and Boaz, Esther and Ahasuerus (he was Persian)? Timothy in the New Testament was the son of a Greek father and a Hebrew mother. In the genealogy of Jesus Christ recorded in the New Testament, Rahab (a Canannite) was married to Salmon (a Hebrew).

It's continued since then. The Celts, with their fair skin and pale eyes, migrated to Turkey and intermarried with the people there - they were the Galatians. During the Mongol invasion and Crusade days, it was extremely common for conquerors to intermarry with women from the lands they invaded, creating a myriad of interracial/multiracial descendants. The Vikings intermarried frequently with women from the lands they conquered, including Arab and Anatolian women. Central Asians are a mixed race of various peoples such as Mongols, Turkics, and Iranics. Caucasian ancestry is prevalent in almost all central Asian Turkic people.

In fact, it would be safe to say that history proves that one of the MOST EFFECTIVE WAYS to spread power in a conquered land is to intermarry with the population!

I don't have a "message" or some sort of racial "mission" by the way, other than the message that I had written on the bottom of the personalized blankets I gave each of my kids this past Christmas, the one with the collage of family photos woven into it. That message was "Love is the answer." I certainly don't have a message of hatred or paranoia about the future skin color of mankind's descendants.

By the way, I am 99 percent Northern European myself, according to my DNA testing, and I am very, very proud of my family history which includes some real adventurers and world travelers (including an ancestor who sailed with Captain Cook all over the world on the Endeavor - way cool!). I love my family's history and am proud to pass it on through my children, and THEIR children, who have also been taught to embrace all of their ancestry.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Wow! Just about the time I start feeling great about the progress we've made as humans when it comes to racism, "WHOOP DERE IT IS!"

Of course, I'm not naive - I know it's part of human nature to favor those most like ourselves (so is farting, by the way) - it's not the trait I have a problem with, it's the misapplication (racism or farting while standing in line at Starbucks).

The human race has "mixed" with other colors of skin, other cultures, etc since the beginning of recorded history. Ever heard of Sarah and Abraham, Solomon and the Queen of Sheba (in fact, Solomon had many foreign wives of different races - not that Solomon was married to the Queen of Sheba, who was Ethiopian, but he definitely had the hots for her!), Ruth and Boaz, Esther and Ahasuerus (he was Persian)? Timothy in the New Testament was the son of a Greek father and a Hebrew mother. In the genealogy of Jesus Christ recorded in the New Testament, Rahab (a Canannite) was married to Salmon (a Hebrew).

It's continued since then. The Celts, with their fair skin and pale eyes, migrated to Turkey and intermarried with the people there - they were the Galatians. During the Mongol invasion and Crusade days, it was extremely common for conquerors to intermarry with women from the lands they invaded, creating a myriad of interracial/multiracial descendants. The Vikings intermarried frequently with women from the lands they conquered, including Arab and Anatolian women. Central Asians are a mixed race of various peoples such as Mongols, Turkics, and Iranics. Caucasian ancestry is prevalent in almost all central Asian Turkic people.

In fact, it would be safe to say that history proves that one of the MOST EFFECTIVE WAYS to spread power in a conquered land is to intermarry with the population!

I don't have a "message" or some sort of racial "mission" by the way, other than the message that I had written on the bottom of the personalized blankets I gave each of my kids this past Christmas, the one with the collage of family photos woven into it. That message was "Love is the answer." I certainly don't have a message of hatred or paranoia about the future skin color of mankind's descendants.

By the way, I am 99 percent Northern European myself, according to my DNA testing, and I am very, very proud of my family history which includes some real adventurers and world travelers (including an ancestor who sailed with Captain Cook all over the world on the Endeavor - way cool!). I love my family's history and am proud to pass it on through my children, and THEIR children, who have also been taught to embrace all of their ancestry.
Amen.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:49 AM

97 posts, read 97,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Everything you mentioned occurred more than 1,000 years ago. After that tribes and people settled. People with Mongol mixture are looked down upon for that very reason. Correct all but blacks have atleast a small mixture of white in them.

Spread power =/= Sustain culture. Most Empires forbid romancing with slaves, which is why there isn't more Ottoman mixture in Southern Europe.

You recognize you would not be welcomed back to (Northern) Europe and must now remain in the USA?

Each region of the World is justified in upholding their native culture, society and race. Planet Earth is overwhelming homogeneous

Old 02-26-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Wouldn't "KA's" statements and actions be perceived by them as self-rightous, bigoted, hurtful, hateful attitude?

Everyone has different experiences in life and it shapes the individuals we are. Neither side is "right" or "wrong". At the moment (And foreseeable future) KA's beliefs/actions are in the minority.
You are mistaken on every single point above except that our experiences help shape who we are. We also have a choice to be different. The OP's husband could have drifted along on the family money like his cousins. They shared the same life experiences. He made a different choice.

No, KathrynAragon's statements and actions were not hateful, etc. If you perceived them as such, you may want to work on your reading comprehension skills.

That business that there is no "right" or "wrong" in how we treat people is nonsense. It is wrong the way this woman is treating her daughter-in-law and her granddaughters. Regardless of how she was raised or how much money she has, it is wrong. I'm pretty sure Jesus would back me up on this as well as anyone who gave it more than a moments thought.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:56 AM

Was talking this over with the DH over breakfast this a.m. We agreed that it was fortunate his mother was not nuts like this poor guy's mom or she would have missed out on seeing her grandchildren and him as well.

At some point, the OP's husband may come to the realization that trying to make nice with his mother is too draining for him and his family. They can see each other at restaurants, etc. but the home visits are over.

If this mother has any sense at all, and so far no evidence to support that she does, she will realize she is losing the love of a mighty remarkable son.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Everything you mentioned occurred more than 1,000 years ago. After that tribes and people settled. People with Mongol mixture are looked down upon for that very reason. Correct all but blacks have atleast a small mixture of white in them.

Spread power =/= Sustain culture. Most Empires forbid romancing with slaves, which is why there isn't more Ottoman mixture in Southern Europe.

You recognize you would not be welcomed back to (Northern) Europe and must now remain in the USA?

Each region of the World is justified in upholding their native culture, society and race. Planet Earth is overwhelming homogeneous
I lived in Europe, with my AA husband and our four biracial kids, for three years - with absolutely NO PROBLEMS. Currently, my biracial daughter and her Latino husband and their three kids live in northern England, travel throughout the British Isles regularly, and are happy as clams and feel quite welcome. I visited them a few months ago and we traveled all over the place - London, larger towns, villages and the English countryside, and we saw different races in different sorts of relationships all over the place - and everyone was polite and friendly.

Three of my grandkids toodling around England - quite fearlessly!

OMG - look at the nerve of these people:

Wow, here we are in the Czech Republic with my parents (on the left) twenty years ago - obviously being mistreated by white people - those awful B and B owners in the center were so unfriendly to us:

OMG - here my OTHER daughter and her husband, and my son and his wife are, just strolling around in Korea - CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE IT?

So no - I don't "recognize that I would not be welcomed back to Northern Europe and must now remain in the USA." In fact, I intend to visit Europe as often as possible - I love it there. Next trip will probably be a trip back to Garmisch/Partenkirchen in the German Alps - I can't wait! I'd love to take some grandkids there one day as well.

By the way, I gave you examples from ancient history, not because interracial marriage and mating is confined to ancient history, but to show you how long it's been going on. It's not on the decline today, by the way - it's increasing with each passing year.

Get over it.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-26-2014 at 07:15 AM..

Old 02-26-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Was talking this over with the DH over breakfast this a.m. We agreed that it was fortunate his mother was not nuts like this poor guy's mom or she would have missed out on seeing her grandchildren and him as well.

At some point, the OP's husband may come to the realization that trying to make nice with his mother is too draining for him and his family. They can see each other at restaurants, etc. but the home visits are over.

If this mother has any sense at all, and so far no evidence to support that she does, she will realize she is losing the love of a mighty remarkable son.
My sentiments exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships