Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 12:25 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,856,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I don't mind well behaved children, but manners on kids are the exception, unfortunately. There are too many parents out there who don't care who their kids are bothering as long as their kids are not bothering them.

Definitely.

But there are also too many parents who seem to think that teaching kids manners is mean or repressive, or that it's an antiquated concept of some kind. Other parents will do everything they can to ensure their kids will eventually earn as much money as possible, but teach them manners? SO NOT IMPORTANT.

They don't seem to understand that by failing to teach their kids manners and considerate behavior, they're doing them a MAJOR disservice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
They are ok but I usually don't care that much for them.

So is Sawyer your cat or dog? Rabbit? Budgie? Pet chipmunk?

Old 02-24-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Honestly, I never really liked kids and didn't even like myself when I was kid. Ironically, I do have two grown daughters during poor judgement used in past years. Being that I didn't have any siblings growing up, maybe I never learned tolerance I guess. I have 0 tolerance now, and find that I like animals more since their habits make more sense than some kids I see everyday at work.
You work with kids?

After all you've said here, I feel awful for you if that's true. That must be torturous!

Old 02-24-2014, 12:45 PM

334 posts, read 586,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
It's not that I hate kids or anything, but I just always feel really nervous around them. I'm afraid I am going to bump into them and their yelling and energy makes me nervous, also the way people are so overprotective of them adds to that nervous feeling. I also don't find most children particularly cute, I find being around them tiring. I find people gaga-ing endlessly about stupid stuff kids do very annoying, a lot of the time the kid isn't even that cute.

I love the kids in my family like my little siblings but even with them I get sort of annoyed with how many questions they ask and how they are always wanting to show me stuff and I have to pretend to find it interesting. I never quite bonded with them the way my brother and sister did, they are my stepdad and mom's kids and I've always felt really badly about this. I guess I felt like my mom kind of abandoned me emotionally after my stepdad and them came into my life

I am pretty patient about dealing with children but inside sometimes I wanna scream. Am I just mean or is this a pretty normal way to feel? I mean I'm sure I'd like my OWN kids if I ever have any

I guess I am more of a cat person
I love my child. I don't enjoy other children at all and this the whole "KIDS KIDS KIDS HOW WE LOVE THEM" schtick is a big bunch of bull foisted on people.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:57 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,969,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Fats View Post
I love my child. I don't enjoy other children at all and this the whole "KIDS KIDS KIDS HOW WE LOVE THEM" schtick is a big bunch of bull foisted on people.
Amen, Sistah!! I had five of my own. Yes, I loved them and no, I didn't always enjoy every waking minute of every day. Sometimes, they can drive you around the bend.

I love my own, and I love their children. And when I go to visit, and it becomes too taxing to continue lavishing compliments, I just put on my coat, kiss 'em goodbye, and go home.

I don't seek out other people's children, preferring to spend whatever time I have left with my I own git.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:08 PM

3,158 posts, read 2,740,971 times
I don't like being around kids. I have none of my own, and have no nieces/nephews etc thankfully.

I shudder when I have to be around them in public, like at a grocery store, though it is interesting to watch them and see what thier behavior reveals about their parents.

I don't hate kids, I just hate being around them. Giggly, cool-aid stained disruptive little pests!!

Old 02-24-2014, 02:23 PM

313 posts, read 497,721 times
I have absolutely no interest in interacting with children. I never have... even when I was a kid and my sister was born, my mother always said I wanted nothing to do with her until she could play and communicate on my level. I still am the same way...guess I was just born that way. I don't have any desire to have children of my own either.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:33 PM

807 posts, read 1,355,540 times
I can tolerate them but don't enjoy it.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:39 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,706,728 times
Some people just aren't "kid" people. Some other people think that just because they like kids, everyone who doesn't is unusual, because some people parade themselves around as the poster children of normalcy and decency.

At least you know where you fit into the world, unlike the people who pretend to love things because others say that they should.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:05 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,381,692 times
I find cats adorable-but children/babies/youngsters, not at all.
Can't stand to be around kids, I avoid them as much as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships