Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 09:19 PM

2,096 posts, read 4,774,546 times

Advertisements

It's not that I hate kids or anything, but I just always feel really nervous around them. I'm afraid I am going to bump into them and their yelling and energy makes me nervous, also the way people are so overprotective of them adds to that nervous feeling. I also don't find most children particularly cute, I find being around them tiring. I find people gaga-ing endlessly about stupid stuff kids do very annoying, a lot of the time the kid isn't even that cute.

I love the kids in my family like my little siblings but even with them I get sort of annoyed with how many questions they ask and how they are always wanting to show me stuff and I have to pretend to find it interesting. I never quite bonded with them the way my brother and sister did, they are my stepdad and mom's kids and I've always felt really badly about this. I guess I felt like my mom kind of abandoned me emotionally after my stepdad and them came into my life

I am pretty patient about dealing with children but inside sometimes I wanna scream. Am I just mean or is this a pretty normal way to feel? I mean I'm sure I'd like my OWN kids if I ever have any

I guess I am more of a cat person
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 09:29 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Not me. I really like being around kids -- especially toddlers. I like seeing how they explore things. Their emotions are more real since they haven't learned how to cover them up yet. When they're mad they will look mad. I also like how they can be easily distracted -- if they're irritable, take them outdoors for a walk and they're instantly a different person.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:06 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,275,484 times
I don't mind being around kids, but at times they are tiring. That's to be expected because they are so high energy.

Toddlers are fine but I'm not a real baby person. I was for my own daughter, but after her, I'm done. Who knows, maybe it will change with grandchildren, but right now I don't want the throwing up, changing diapers and all the bodily fluids that go with it.

One more thing. Yes, some babies are cute. However, some are just butt ugly. You will hear "they're so cute!". You will NEVER hear "wow, that face could stop a clock!"

Old 02-23-2014, 10:27 PM

2,096 posts, read 4,774,546 times
SOME kids are cute/nice to be around but I find most are either annoying or not really very interesting. I just see them as little humans - a baby doesn't warm my heart any more than the average adult does.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:03 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
the people ive seen with an issue with kids are mostly awkward teenagers, or young adults,,that havent matured much, or havent been around kids that much

or

if they grew up with parents that kids were seen, but not heard, in a very strict upbringing....

or just lazy-ass teenagers who think they are the center of the universe, and think they compete with kids for attention..

Old 02-24-2014, 04:25 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,230,824 times
I completely felt the same way before I had my own. I still don't necessarily fawn over other kids either.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:15 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,183,744 times
If I am visiting someone to spend time with them and talk with them, the presence of young children usually puts an end to that. Thus, if I want a casual visit...just sort of checking in, I'm fine with kids; but for spending quality time with other adults its no kids present.

It's up to me to plan it.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:22 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Depends on the children...I had friends whos kids wrecked my house on visits.. but nice behaved kids are fine, my house is never without the grandchildren and keep me going, they tend to be much better when their here on their own , we bake, draw, watch films and play games, .

Old 02-24-2014, 05:29 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,030 times
Not a kid person here. I think some kids and babies are cute, but it doesn't make me want to send them with their mommy any less.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:07 AM

799 posts, read 1,549,377 times
I generally like all kids in small doses, and some in larger doses.

Its the parents that irritate me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships