Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 07:49 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The only thread recorded for this poster is this one and this is the only thread she's posted on.
Under this name. You have been on this board long enough to know that they're are people who use more than one name.

Besides she already verified she was the same poster who had problems when her and her mother moved into the building, other tenants staring, giving weird looks, smoking pot out in the open....yet they still moved in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 08:04 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
First thing I though of is to arm yourself but wanted to find out where you are. What city and state are you in? He probably wouldn't like a few .38 holes in his gut.

I think you to be very young - true?

Go out and buy a camera capable of good videos. I like my Canon for that reason. Video everything the nut does everywhere he is and put it on your computer so you can put it on a flash drive or CD. You shouldn't have cracked your door when the cops were interrogating him as he knows you were paying attention. You should have had the female officer call for an ambulance when they were there.

Have you ever seen Cape Fear? It reminds me of Max Cady.

my first thought too. Someone is near my window,door or patio is begging to be shot. I don't play that ****.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:34 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,049 times
Default You can be broke making $30k in some places

They have two incomes coming in so are they that broke? I doubt it. And it is possible to live in lower income areas that have quiet buildings, doesn't sound like any research was done before moving in.

Seain Dublin, I take it that you haven't been personally exposed to the realities of the working poor? Working class or working poor may have two incomes coming in and are still broke. Working, in and of itself doesn't guarantee a person has "money coming it" as much as it's "going out" due to the cost of living depending on what state, city, or town they live in. NYC, Boston, and LA are just a few examples of places where even a combined income of $40k is broke relative to the cost of living there.

Unless I missed it, I didn't see where she posted the income of her or her mother. Whose to say they're not both making near minimum wage as home-health aides or cafeteria employee for example (mother) and an internet home-based business with low financial compensation or commission until you've been around quite awhile to build up your business/hits (daughter). In that case, they may be barely making ends meet. OP said in one of her posts that they were moving in two weeks when they get paid which indicates they don't already have the enough money sitting in a CD or money market account to move immediately but are living paycheck to paycheck.

This is the reality of the working class. To make it they have to live 10 people in a two bedroom, in a low-income residence (projects or section 8) where they encounter the likes of her neighbor, or live in the home of someone else who makes significantly more and allows them to live there, usually it's a more established or retired relative who allows this such as a grandparent(s).

Old 07-04-2014, 09:08 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
They have two incomes coming in so are they that broke? I doubt it. And it is possible to live in lower income areas that have quiet buildings, doesn't sound like any research was done before moving in.

Seain Dublin, I take it that you haven't been personally exposed to the realities of the working poor? Working class or working poor may have two incomes coming in and are still broke. Working, in and of itself doesn't guarantee a person has "money coming it" as much as it's "going out" due to the cost of living depending on what state, city, or town they live in. NYC, Boston, and LA are just a few examples of places where even a combined income of $40k is broke relative to the cost of living there.

Unless I missed it, I didn't see where she posted the income of her or her mother. Whose to say they're not both making near minimum wage as home-health aides or cafeteria employee for example (mother) and an internet home-based business with low financial compensation or commission until you've been around quite awhile to build up your business/hits (daughter). In that case, they may be barely making ends meet. OP said in one of her posts that they were moving in two weeks when they get paid which indicates they don't already have the enough money sitting in a CD or money market account to move immediately but are living paycheck to paycheck.

This is the reality of the working class. To make it they have to live 10 people in a two bedroom, in a low-income residence (projects or section 8) where they encounter the likes of her neighbor, or live in the home of someone else who makes significantly more and allows them to live there, usually it's a more established or retired relative who allows this such as a grandparent(s).

I find this to be more the norm now than ever before.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:28 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
[quote=seain dublin;35516596]

Under this name. You have been on this board long enough to know that they're are people who use more than one name.

Besides she already verified she was the same poster who had problems when her and her mother moved into the building, other tenants staring, giving weird looks, smoking pot out in the open....yet they still moved in.[/quote]

I remember that thread well. Funny how a change in name doesn't change the nature of the poster.

Last edited by armory; 07-06-2014 at 11:53 AM..

Old 07-06-2014, 11:40 AM

112 posts, read 130,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborProblems View Post
PLEASE read, in need of desperate advice from someone older and wise.

My mother and I moved into these apartments about 8 months ago.

The male neighbor has been giving me hell since then but now becoming dangerous.

The 2nd day we moved in, he heard us coming in the house, then he told someone he didn't like my ass.

The 3rd day, we were coming in, he slammed his door, then loudly said, "Them ******* back, huh!" Whoever he was talking to didn't say anything, so he repeated himself.

Well, I work from home and don't go out much, so don't see him that often. However, when I would talk on the phone, I'd hear him opening my balcony gate, then I'd peek out the window to see him standing there listening to me as I talked on the phone.

Other than that, when my mother was at work, I'd just smell something funny smelling every now and then and become really sick. I'll get to this in a minute.

By this time, I wanted to report him, but my mother didn't want me to. She just said ignore him to keep it as peaceful as possible. My mother is the friendly Christian, turn the other cheek type of person, so even though he acted this way, she continued speaking to him. I would just try to avoid eye contact.

Other than that, there was no drama for months--just him listening to me inside the house on the phone, for whatever reason.

Now, yesterday, I woke up to him talking loudly to some female outside my bedroom window.

He was telling her some lies about my mother and I--saying we were talking about her and others. Later, I heard her and some other ladies talking loud about how they will whoop a$$, etc. Referring to us.

We ignored it. Last night, I was online working (work at home) when I smelled something funny, became really sickly again. I went and woke my mother up, asked if she smelled anything, but she was extremely sleepy so said, "No." and went back to snoring.

Now, this morning, around 10 am, I woke up to him playing music loudly outside my bedroom window. I looked outside, he was on the balcony/patio in front of my window. It seemed like he was waiting for me to see him, because he was out there playing the music while facing my window. When he saw me looking, he went and picked up some black spray bottle, started spraying something all over my patio. A few minutes later, I began feeling sickly again.

So, I called my mother, told her enough was enough, I'm calling the cops. I only have a Google phone, so I had to call the non emergency number. It's been over a hour, I'm still waiting on them.

Mind you, we don't hang outside. We don't know any of these people. We've never done anything to them. I don't understand where all the hate and harassment is coming from. The only thing I can think is we don't fit in. They smoke, drink, party, etc. whereas we don't.

He's married with kids--about 5, 7 and 13. I don't know why they have issues with us--especially him. I've met up with him outside maybe 10 times since being here. I've only saw the women roughly 2 times since being here.

The ONLY time we go outside is to take out the trash, go shopping, go somewhere and my mother to work. We don't sit on the balcony, none of that. I keep to myself, don't even look at these people because they are very cliquish. They just stare when we walk by. My mother keeps to herself as well except she speaks even though the majority don't speak back.

Have you ever experienced this? Any clue why all the hatred for people they don't even know? Mainly this guy.

UPDATE: I don't have transportation, my mother is at work, I'm still feeling extremely bad but now my head is hurting badly and feeling weaker. Cops haven't came yet.
My God, what hellhole do you live in? I am so sorry... You might want to complain also to the apartment management/owners as this endangers other residents as well, plus you might help to get rid of them sooner. PLUS you'd alert others moving into this place that this is the type of thing that goes on here.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborProblems View Post
Editing to add: Before I go any further, forgot to mention that the male cop knew a lady over here. While the female cop was talking to the neighbor, the male cop walked off to the side to speak to an older lady he knew. Not sure of their connection, but he's been on this property quite a bit from what he was telling me. He knew some random tenant, plus he told me that the apartment lady don't play, so make sure I report it to her.
Exactly!!!!!

Quote:

I haven't been to sleep, because when I lay down my body starts twitching and I feel worst. !
Yes, go to a doctor but make sure they look into your vitamin D and electrolyte levels. Twitching is often sign of potassium deficiency.

And stop being afraid of your mother- at first you say she's a "pushover" then you say she will get "highly pissed" if you "don't go outside of her again". That's weird. Not sure if you're seeking drama but, keep calm, you DO have support and some zoloft and meditation can't hurt, they're not addictive

Old 07-06-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:

You hit this one on the head- personally I happen to fit perfectly some of the above descriptions

The effects of poverty and high cost of living are so destructive in many different ways... at times in my life, I've had to choose abusive relatives over homelessness and living isolated and rural over prostitution. In my experience, those who are clueless about it are either (A) spoiled suburban middle-to-upper classers or (B) inexperienced country-dwellers. Neither have ever been exposed to what we have from birth.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:58 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnotatrolldamnyou View Post

Not sure if you're seeking drama but, keep calm, you DO have support and some zoloft and meditation can't hurt, they're not addictive

Singing Kumbaya doesn't cut it either.

Fish or chop bait.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
OMG, this sounds like real ghetto drama! This is either housing projects or low-income-charge-according-to-your-income apartments. Apparently the man doesn't work because it appears from your story he is at home all hours of the day and night just hanging outside and loudly talking to people. I'm surprised you were able to live there for 8 months before it got that bad. Ghetto people usually can not put their negative behaviors on pause for that long.

OMFG *Thank you* for the good laugh. It's so dang true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships