Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 02:16 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
Mary Lee your post scares me. Yes I did go to an appt with my brother when he visited but having him act as a witness wasn't on my mind. Another better nurse prepared me that time. The thought of the doc saying find another place to go scares me. This a nationally recognized facility that advertises committment to quality. If you are not being treated well they want to know about it. They have a NY State Patient (forgot the name) the violation is #3 the right to be treated with respect. One thing--in the beginning of the session the nurse calls me "Sir" but if i make a "blunder" its all downhill from there

Flower Power--did you get your screename from the Stevie Wonder song Flower Power?

I took the day off cause i was so tired. Ill read the rest of the posts soon
I am sorry for all you are facing and also how this nurse is treating you. What about writing a letter or even calling but saying you don't want to give your name. Just that you are a current patient. You could even bring up how besides this nurse you feel it is a good place but the treatment by the nurse is not acceptable.

Feel better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 02:30 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
I was just given the # of the individual who supervises (Supervisor of clinical....) the oncology clinic nurses. Im not ready to call yet tho. Ive been extremely fatigued for weeks and weeks, have no appetite (doctors tole me its probably the last cancer tx) I don't want to make myself upset. My biggest fear is losing the complaint.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:28 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
I was just given the # of the individual who supervises (Supervisor of clinical....) the oncology clinic nurses. Im not ready to call yet tho. Ive been extremely fatigued for weeks and weeks, have no appetite (doctors tole me its probably the last cancer tx) I don't want to make myself upset. My biggest fear is losing the complaint.
You won't lose a complaint. You might not get resolution, but you won't lose anything by courteously filing a complaint.

Good luck to you!

Old 04-16-2015, 08:33 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,216,301 times
When you feel strong enough, tell the doctor, tell the nurse supervisor, tell everyone you can. No one has to be treated this way. Just tell them you would prefer to not be helped by that nurse. Doesn't matter if she is the only one that does certain papers, they will find someone else to do them or have her do them in private without talking to you. She can hand them to another nurse. Don't let people treat you like this. If this is a nationally recognized place they will handle your complaint professionally.

I had a similar experience with a receptionist who bullied each patient. When it was my turn she wanted me to fill out numerous papers but I had forgotten my reading glasses and couldn't. She didn't believe me (?) and kept yelling at me. I looked at the other nurses and they looked at me scared, I looked at the patients waiting and they withered. I told her to knock it off, I wasn't going to fill out anything until I went home and got my glasses. I told the doctor I saw and when I came out she was crying and apologizing. I told her to knock off her fake tears and that everyone knows she is a bully. For my next appointment I made sure she would not be working when I went and they made sure to change her schedule. Not my problem if she was trying to be like that. I won't put up with it for one minute.

Good luck with your treatment.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:41 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Before you make an official complaint, have you tried being quietly directly assertive? For instance, if she raises her voices, quietly saying, "I'm right here, you don't need to shout."

What you see as intrusiveness might be an attempt to be friendly, but if she asks something like "Where are you going after this?" you can always just counter with "Why do you ask?"

And as for the rudeness, you can try saying, "Excuse me, but are you angry for some reason?" That might pull her up short.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:59 PM

625 posts, read 624,134 times
Default your nurse

I'd absolutely report her. She sounds like a miserable person. Who knows … she may be doing this to lots of patients and everyone is "ok" with letting it go.

You can look online for information about your clinic: who owns it, the president (CEO), and Director of Nursing. Write a simple letter outlining what you explained here. Send it to all of the above.

Believe me, if you send a letter, they WILL address it.

They would want to know. Don't ignore it. You deserve to feel comfortable and you may save someone else from her abusive behavior.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:45 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
i started to report the matter today to my social worker. first thing she asked "which nurse, Christine?". Christine is the one involved. My SW told me best think to do it just to tell her pls not to be harsh. ANyway i was preoccupied with the thought of my cancer spreading which made the nurse seem less important.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:37 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Sorry to hear your cancer is spreading.

Even more of a reason for the nurse to be kind, patient and compassionate.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:15 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Definitely report her to the head of the clinic. My cousin was treated badly while he was undergoing chemo and she was fired. People who don't have a good bedside manner do not belong in nursing, especially an oncology clinic.
^^^agree

Quote:
i started to report the matter today to my social worker. first thing she asked "which nurse, Christine?". Christine is the one involved. My SW told me best think to do it just to tell her pls not to be harsh. ANyway i was preoccupied with the thought of my cancer spreading which made the nurse seem less important.
Dear rlrl, with everything you are going through the last thing you need is having to put up with this witch.
I would talk to your oncologist about nurse Ratched (you don't need any additional stress). I don't think
talking to her will change her behavior but a doctor or an administrator might give her a dose of her
own medicine. I also think that it is a good idea to bring someone with you who might speak up
if she starts with the nasty remarks.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:49 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Obviously others have noticed how rude she is - your SW knew who you were talking about! Tell someone, whoever you feel most comfortable with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships