Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 11:51 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,644,439 times

Advertisements

I think my best friend's ego was hit yesterday and I feel that he was very sensitive to something I told him. It may not be the case, but I just sense - knowing him - that he felt a bit hit.

We share our dreams sometimes. We talk when we wake up, at times during the day, and before bed. Yesterday he woke up while I was already up and out and busy, and he told me what he dreamed about, that it was something bizarre. So later on that day, I searched for an interpretation of his dream, the way we always do. It's usually just for fun but I think the source is 95% accurate. But anyway, the interpretation for his dream was that he feels he's not making progress in some area of his waking life, is at a standstill, doesnt know what he wants to do with his life, and that his desire to make a favorable impression on someone leads to his feeling of wanting wholeness, and wanting to get involved in a new interest.

I told him that.

The backstory here is that he's been not looking for work for several years due to his previous lifestyle as an attorney, which he hated doing and it made him very distressed mentally. He's recently been doing very well mentally and has started to slowly show interest in working again, but as a programmer. We've been friends through our bad times, and we're now doing better.

I think he feels a bit embarrassed after the conversation. Maybe he thinks I see him in a different light. I dont know. He had a few things to say about it - that maybe it meant hes now ready to make progress, insisting that he isnt lost or lacking direction or at a standstill. He didnt even message me to say goodnight, bye, good morning, hows your day, nothing. I havent even seen him since. On the other hand, he could have been motivated to get busy so maybe thats what hes doing.

Im busy myself, but I am feeling his absence and care about his feelings.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 12:20 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Sometimes, a dream is just a dream.

Personally, I don't go in for dream interpretation. But if you two do, then you (plural) have to take the bad along with the good. If you made a good-faith attempt to interpret his dream, he can agree or disagree with your interpretation; but if he's mad at you simply because he didn't like the interpretation, he's just being petty.

If he's been unemployed for several years, he's got bigger issues to worry about than what you think of his dreams. Maybe in tonight's dream, he'll grow up and stop acting like a little baby who shuts out his best friend simply because she said something not to his liking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships