Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 06:12 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Just last week I played a little joke on another older guy I work with. We work in a retail store and he was redoing some shelves down one aisle. He had a large cart with him that held all of the new product and shelf items. When he would go to the back to get something I would move the cart to the next aisle and disappear. He would come back and he would have to go looking for the cart and then move it back to his aisle.

I did this a few times, and finally he came back and caught me in the act of moving it. He said he thought he was going crazy there for a little while. Now, the only problem is, I know he will be doing something to me, I just have to see what he thinks up.

Don
Hahaha I love it & wish I could have been there to see it when he caught you! It's funny because you know you're getting payback for it.

Please let us know. I can't wait to hear about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 06:44 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Pranking is fun....I've pranked and have been pranked, can't remember anything right off, but remember sometimes, laughing so hard.....

it's good and healthy to see humor in things.....a good belly laugh is good for us now and then....actually healthy, that is why I watch "Big Bang Theory". LOL

Fun thread Cam.....thank you for posting

Old 04-18-2015, 07:10 AM

Default Thank you Creme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Pranking is fun....I've pranked and have been pranked, can't remember anything right off, but remember sometimes, laughing so hard.....

it's good and healthy to see humor in things.....a good belly laugh is good for us now and then....actually healthy, that is why I watch "Big Bang Theory". LOL

Fun thread Cam.....thank you for posting
Awww, Thanks Cremebrulee! I totally agree with you. For those of us that have pranked and been pranked and laughed about it and yes, many time hard belly laughs to the point ya have to run to the bathroom so you don't p your pants is definitely healthy!

I LOVE Big Bang Theory, although I have missed it for a couple of months. It's an awesome show!

Thank you so much for your positive input to the thread!

Old 04-18-2015, 10:01 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I like some pranks, and of course you have to know your audience, but I dislike being startled. I get stabbing pains in my fingertips that can hurt for a while. The fake spider, sneak-up boo kind of thing is not funny to me, so we don't play like that. We'll goof on somebody being overly intent or to cause a "what in the world?"--we do that. My dad and I had been giving the same fondue pot back and forth as a gift for years, hiding it in a Christmas box or somewhere in the other's house during a visit. I thought he had forgotten about it until I found it in my basement this winter.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:52 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
In my social groups, and other upscale groups, pranking is considered a sign of adolescence, and shows the prankster may never really be an adult. Really low class.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I like some pranks, and of course you have to know your audience, but I dislike being startled. I get stabbing pains in my fingertips that can hurt for a while. The fake spider, sneak-up boo kind of thing is not funny to me, so we don't play like that. We'll goof on somebody being overly intent or to cause a "what in the world?"--we do that. My dad and I had been giving the same fondue pot back and forth as a gift for years, hiding it in a Christmas box or somewhere in the other's house during a visit. I thought he had forgotten about it until I found it in my basement this winter.
I totally agree with you on the being startled thing. My kids did it to me when they were younger and it's something I told them never to do to anyone.

What you & your Dad did to each other is a pretty cute and it's a loving memory that I'm sure you'll hold close to your heart for many years to come.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
In my social groups, and other upscale groups, pranking is considered a sign of adolescence, and shows the prankster may never really be an adult. Really low class.
That's your opinion and you most certainly are entitled to it. I'm of the middle class and I find that we tend to enjoy the little things in life that aren't bought with money and a sense of humor is one of those little things.

It is also your opinion to look down your nose at those of us and classify us as "low class".

I'm 57 and I hope to never grow up to be a stuffy, cranky senior citizen. Being that I'm middle class, I don't see the stuffy thing happening if it hasn't happened by now.

My Mother raised me well and she was the classiest person you'd ever want to meet.

I asked a question and you answered it. I gave my opinion on your upscale opinion and I'll close by saying that we can agree to disagree.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:30 PM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Back in the days of CRT monitors, I once brought very large magnets to a medical clinic and waved them around on the opposite side of a wooden desk enclosure from their computer monitors, so they could not see me at all, yet their monitors were "dancing" around with color effects and everything.

I overheard something like "I have never seen this before in my life. Look at my computer screen!" (them talking to each other). It was over 5 minutes before they found out the culprit.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:54 PM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Back in the days of CRT monitors, I once brought very large magnets to a medical clinic and waved them around on the opposite side of a wooden desk enclosure from their computer monitors, so they could not see me at all, yet their monitors were "dancing" around with color effects and everything.

I overheard something like "I have never seen this before in my life. Look at my computer screen!" (them talking to each other). It was over 5 minutes before they found out the culprit.

Hahaha That's cute and I would have loved to seen it. I bet they were all laughing about it too!

Old 04-18-2015, 10:22 PM

35,075 posts, read 31,302,097 times
I'm not really much for pranking and practical jokes. I've never found them that funny generally, just juvenile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships