Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 06:04 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,251,458 times

Advertisements

Do you ever feel like you are being ignored? Sometimes on forums I will give my viewpoint several times and the other members will just continue the chat and not acknowledge my view. I start to wonder is there something wrong with what I am writing or is it offensive? A few times I have actually said that my posts are being ignored which is followed by a long pause and then ignored also.

I don't know how to handle this? Am I being too sensitive and is this in my imagination or are these people trying to silently bully me?

Its hurtful and really gets me down, it brings it right back to school when i'd be the last person picked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 06:16 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,857,016 times
I think when you get better known, more people respond. But if you post in the middle of a battle, you get ignored. And sometimes if you are echoing others, it gets ignored.

Be obnoxious...you'll get lots of replies

Old 04-23-2015, 06:20 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,685,963 times
It happens to all of us.

Just because you voice your opinion that doesn't mean people will agree or acknowledge it. Honestly some people give great advice and others....not so much. On that note, restating your opinion and demanding to be recognized may come off as rude (hence the radio silence).

Also, folks might not like your stance or there might not be enough info for them to feel compelled to comment on. Just my 2c, but now at least you've got a response.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
It happens to all of us.

Just because you voice your opinion that doesn't mean people will agree or acknowledge it. Honestly some people give great advice and others....not so much. On that note, restating your opinion and demanding to be recognized may come off as rude (hence the radio silence).

Also, folks might not like your stance or there might not be enough info for them to feel compelled to comment on. Just my 2c, but now at least you've got a response.
Thanks I never thought of it being rude as I just thought these people were trying to silence me.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I think when you get better known, more people respond. But if you post in the middle of a battle, you get ignored. And sometimes if you are echoing others, it gets ignored.

Be obnoxious...you'll get lots of replies
Maybe. I suppose like anything else some people don't talk to people they don't know.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:28 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,411,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Do you ever feel like you are being ignored? Sometimes on forums I will give my viewpoint several times and the other members will just continue the chat and not acknowledge my view. I start to wonder is there something wrong with what I am writing or is it offensive? A few times I have actually said that my posts are being ignored which is followed by a long pause and then ignored also.

I don't know how to handle this? Am I being too sensitive and is this in my imagination or are these people trying to silently bully me?

Its hurtful and really gets me down, it brings it right back to school when i'd be the last person picked.

Yeah well so what? Just because someone doesn't reply or "ignores" my post dorsnt mean anything. It's a forum. We won't all agree. Christ how boring would that be. Imagine 100 posts all saying yup I agree. All quoting everyone before them. Voice your opinion glean the good info ignore the bad
I seriously dont worry too much about it.

But on a positive note I just quoted and replied to your post. See. Not everyone ignores you.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,308,662 times
It definitely happens. When I was new to forums, years ago, I got hurt
feelings like a little baby girl.
Now, I know someone reads them, benefits and doesn't have to comment, at all.

I have learned so much from these forums about human interaction and communication...just one thing is...'don't expect or need any responses'..
now I don't even in my emails from my friends...people get busy..
I don't 'need' anything from others like I used to...
forums toughened me UP! Haha

Old 04-23-2015, 07:33 PM

6,874 posts, read 7,858,420 times
You've posted 362 times on the Weather forum in the past four days. What kind of acknowledgement were you expecting to get?

I think you need to try a different forum.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:14 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,308,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
You've posted 362 times on the Weather forum
in the past four days. What kind of acknowledgement were you expecting to get?

I think you need to try a different forum.
Looks to me like 147.
85 posts a day.
Not that that matters or anything...who cares, have fun.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:23 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,020,421 times
Are you using the rep feature? That gets someone's attention if you are awaiting a response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships