Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 02:13 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,463,946 times

Advertisements

I find it pretty irritating myself. I usually block people who are too religious or political on Facebook.

Although I keep one hyper political leftist person as a friend. I have a sick time-wasting fetish of watching the train wreck arguments he gets into with his hillbilly relatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 02:26 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,179 times
God likes to be on Facebook but is tired of all the drama!

As other people have said, no one is forcing you to follow people whose posts you don't like/disagree with/ morally opposed to, etc. You can block or unfriend them or better yet, stop using Facebook.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:38 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
My cousin sent me a friend request which I reluctantly accepted. I only made it a day before unfollowing his posts. We hold completely different views on politics and religion. Rather than have what I consider to be his crap posts showing up on my thread, I just opted not to see them. Easy breezy.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:02 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,187,363 times
If you don't like reading about God on FB posts by friends, then delete them, unsubscribe from their posts, or/and block them. Problem solved.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:16 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,206,886 times
people are way too uptight about what goes on in facebook.

why would you unfriend someone just because they made a post about god?

religion has been a major part of people's lives since the beginning of time, as ridiculous as the concept may seem to some, so get over it

ZOMG they made a post about gawd & jeebus and i am offended!!! we're no longer friends. wow, it sure doesn't take much to rustle one's jimmies nowadays. smh

im an atheist, but I would not block/unfriend someone because they made a post about god. I don't even care about the majority of these "friends" on my facebook wall. they are acquaintances at best. get over yourselves. here's a better solution, get off facebook and get your ***** outside, exercise, or do something constructive. I had a spirited debate with someone in-person about creationism versus evolution at a bar instead. both of us learned so see each perspective. at that very instant when posts on facebook start to upset you is the time where you start taking a break....

Last edited by StAcKhOuSe; 04-29-2015 at 09:25 AM..

Old 04-29-2015, 09:20 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,882 times
It is not YOUR choice; it is their's. Stop following people that post things you don't want to read. They won't know, and you won't be bothered. I get tired of people constantly talking about their health, but it is their right to do so. Just breathe and relax.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:36 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,267,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post

im an atheist, but I would not block/unfriend someone because they made a post about god.
Neither would I, and I don't think many people would. The complaint is more about the people who make MULTIPLE and MANY posts about god. To the point that it fills your newsfeed.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:33 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Neither would I, and I don't think many people would. The complaint is more about the people who make MULTIPLE and MANY posts about god. To the point that it fills your newsfeed.
Do you know how to click unfollow? That means you are still friends, but their posts do not come onto your newfeed.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:37 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
My cousin sent me a friend request which I reluctantly accepted. I only made it a day before unfollowing his posts. We hold completely different views on politics and religion. Rather than have what I consider to be his crap posts showing up on my thread, I just opted not to see them. Easy breezy.
Yep, unfollowed these people and its really good. I still think that people should just discuss normal things on Facebook and keep this nonsense away.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:39 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
people are way too uptight about what goes on in facebook.

why would you unfriend someone just because they made a post about god?

religion has been a major part of people's lives since the beginning of time, as ridiculous as the concept may seem to some, so get over it

ZOMG they made a post about gawd & jeebus and i am offended!!! we're no longer friends. wow, it sure doesn't take much to rustle one's jimmies nowadays. smh

im an atheist, but I would not block/unfriend someone because they made a post about god. I don't even care about the majority of these "friends" on my facebook wall. they are acquaintances at best. get over yourselves. here's a better solution, get off facebook and get your ***** outside, exercise, or do something constructive. I had a spirited debate with someone in-person about creationism versus evolution at a bar instead. both of us learned so see each perspective. at that very instant when posts on facebook start to upset you is the time where you start taking a break....
Er, I don't take Facebook as seriously as you, I used to go on it say every hour but have now reduced it to just a few times a day. Its really not important, I don't consider any of the people on my Facebook a friend.

But I do consider them people that I feel comfortable sharing my private life to. I just decided to unfollow this person because he had very narrow-minded views that were lost in the past and I didn't have time for it, I also can't be bothered reading god quotes constantly .

I don't even mind a few god quotes but these ones were very deep and over the top, for example, one just recently begun with ' I seen the light', um ok...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships