Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 02:16 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,003,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
I have had few people ask if I am pregnant when I packed on the pounds last year. I didn't bother me. However, I asked this other lady if she was pregnant at work and she said no. I said sorry she said not to worry about it and other people have asked her as well.

So would you be offended if someone asked you if you are pregnant when you just gained weight?
Yes, very. And I would never be dumb enough to ask someone that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 02:36 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,275,144 times
Yes, I would be offended, and no, I would never ever ask.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:42 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
I'm not stupid enough to ask someone if they were pregnant.

If I'm in doubt, I'm sure as hell not going to ask.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:13 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
Quote:
So would you be offended if someone asked you if you are pregnant when you just gained weight?
Probably more confused than offended since I am a 63 year old man.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:16 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
I have had few people ask if I am pregnant when I packed on the pounds last year. I didn't bother me. However, I asked this other lady if she was pregnant at work and she said no. I said sorry she said not to worry about it and other people have asked her as well.

Never asked and have never been asked.
None of my business if someone is pregnant and if a relative is pregnant I already know so don't have to ask.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:34 PM

576 posts, read 824,325 times
I agree with everyone after I asked this women I felt embarrassed and rude. Now I never ask just in case I am wrong. I also have another question. How about pointing out someones weight gain? I had someone point out my weight gain and I told them that I was offended by it and they acted surprised. like wtf?Ever had this happened to you?

Old 04-24-2015, 03:37 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I made the mistake to ask for a pregnancy once. Never again.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:29 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,590,165 times
Not a very smart or polite question to ask anyone. If a person is expecting they will tel people when and if they want to share. If the person turns out to be just over weight it could really hurt their feelings. Either way it is none of your business. Don't ask.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:17 PM

6,589 posts, read 4,977,963 times
I've twice asked if someone was pregnant. The first time I was an idiot (she had recently gotten married and was wearing a dress that gave her a pouffy belly). I thought I had learned my lesson, but 10 years later I was working in an office with all women, and one of the girls was always talking about how she lived to take care of her man (she had been divorced a couple of times and had kids). One day she showed up with a maternity top on and yep, I asked. Wrong again. Now you can give birth in front of me and I still won't ask. And women, please, even if you are 90 pounds, get rid of your damn maternity tops when your pregnancy is over!

Quote:
I agree with everyone after I asked this women I felt embarrassed and rude. Now I never ask just in case I am wrong. I also have another question. How about pointing out someones weight gain? I had someone point out my weight gain and I told them that I was offended by it and they acted surprised. like wtf?Ever had this happened to you?
Yep, twice. Once I was in the most miserable job ever and had gained probably 20 pounds while there. It was a big place so you didn't really see people outside of your general area often. One day I saw a guy who used to work in our section more and he was telling me how he'd seen me a few days earlier down the hall, but didn't recognize me as I had gotten "so big". Ouch. Sad thing was, my size hadn't changed all that much, I was just a bit softer and then I felt self conscious so I bought a few slightly larger pair of pants. I was still going to the gym every day too.

The second time wasn't to my face but a friend was telling me how one of the other guys at work was telling a bunch of people how hot I used to be when he used to see me at another work place years prior. Of course I was in my mid-20s then and also in the gym almost every day, and rode my bike to work a lot. 15 years of office work after than, and now 10 years of hormonal imbalance and misdiagnosis have taken its toll, even though I'm fairly happy with how I look for my age.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:26 PM

424 posts, read 381,904 times
If someone asked me if I'm pregnant I would just laugh and tell them to get their eyes checked because I'm a tall, skinny dude.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships