Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 11:39 AM

93 posts, read 77,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaleWany View Post
Considering her loyalty and friendship ties, you should be able to make the right decision-just accept her apology for now
I don't find her to be loyal. I used to enjoy her as a person, but she got hurt when I said I wanted to break off ties with the toxic friends (also her friends) and took it personally. While I told her that we could still be friends, she still distanced herself from me.

and what do you mean by "friendship ties"? Her friends are not mine, so we don't have any mutuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 11:58 AM

93 posts, read 77,254 times
UPDATE: we cleared things up. She said she was wrong for saying some things and I said that I regretted saying some things, etc. It is now forgotten business.
Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-27-2015 at 01:10 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 04-26-2015, 01:16 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepanini View Post
UPDATE: we cleared things up.
Good!

Old 04-26-2015, 04:12 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepanini View Post
Honestly, I don't know how else to ask for advice? Believe it or not, I do want closure. It's not the issue of "accepting things" but the fact that I don't know what state of a relationship we are in now. I personally think that approaching her again would only make things worse. I'm sorry that you find me as the wrong doer in this situation, but as I said, my goal is to figure out how to leave the conflict ie: do I ask her directly how we should get along? do I leave it alone and grow apart from her?

You are looking for something you already have you just have yet to accept that you have it.

She blew up, she apologized, it is done and over.
As far as protecting her, none of your business, her choice to have the friends she wants and you should have never said anything in the first place.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:01 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
You described her friends as toxic. That makes her toxic as well, and the fact that you led with your observation of her life as one of privilege indicates some envy on your part, which is also toxic.

An apology changes none of this. You need to examine why you want to remain connected to this dysfunctional group of people. It is a bad choice and reflects on issues within you that you desperately need to address.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:44 AM

625 posts, read 624,337 times
Default toxic friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You described her friends as toxic. That makes her toxic as well, and the fact that you led with your observation of her life as one of privilege indicates some envy on your part, which is also toxic.

An apology changes none of this. You need to examine why you want to remain connected to this dysfunctional group of people. It is a bad choice and reflects on issues within you that you desperately need to address.
Agree with this (above).

What's your real motive here? If she's toxic, her friends are toxic and you've moved on to a better place, why the interest? Because she has money and can do things for you?

If your situation is as you've described, you'll likely always end up feeling like an outsider.

And believe it or not, just because she has money & all the stuff you can't afford/don't have, you shouldn't assume her life is perfect and wonderful. Money doesn't = happiness. Really it doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships