Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 03:25 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Having your ears pinned back is different than having your butt enlarged. It just is.
Oh, so now one kind of plastic surgery is ok, but another isn't?

Good gawd, the END RESULT is what is important here... how a person will feel about their body and their self esteem, and by that estimation, they are EXACTLY THE SAME.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:31 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
I mean ideally I would like her to take care of me. However, I don't need her to, and I am exploring other options like hiring a private nurse. I understand if she doesn't want to.
Private nurses ARE expensive. Mom and dad will pay for that too?

Old 04-30-2015, 03:44 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,054,836 times
Do you pay rent and are you in college? Do you have a job?

Old 04-30-2015, 03:47 PM

403 posts, read 597,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post

Good gawd, the END RESULT is what is important here... how a person will feel about their body and their self esteem, and by that estimation, they are EXACTLY THE SAME.

Thanks. That's a very good thing to point out.

And I was actually bullied for being very skinny and having "no ass".

Old 04-30-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Private nurses ARE expensive. Mom and dad will pay for that too?
I have enough money. I wouldn't expect them to pay for one, especially if my mom doesn't help me with my surgery.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Do you pay rent and are you in college? Do you have a job?
No, yes, yes.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:53 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,807,522 times
Out of curiosity, I looked the procedure up and, firstly the girls that have it done look ridiculous. You can tell that their butt doesn't fit their body. Secondly the average cost is almost $7,000! Why in the hell would you waste $7000 on this! You could pay for so many more useful things, like education! You could get certified in a plethora of fields with this money that would set you up for a good career. Lastly, you said you have wanted this done for five years, before the Kardashian craze. Well, unfortunately the Kardashians have been around since 2007, well before you decided to do this. Since they are approaching the 10 year mark, this fad is most likely on its way out. And why, why would you want to follow through with a decision like this that you made at the age of 14???Look how different your body is now compared to then! Think how different it will be in 5 more years.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:54 PM

756 posts, read 833,468 times
Lightbulb Advice, and Don't Laugh:

Quote:
Hi guys, so I'm in a tough situation. Basically I am getting plastic surgery and I told my mom I was thinking about it. She came in my room and had a talk with me. She wanted to talk me out of it and we got into an argument. She was not supportive at all for me wanting to get plastic surgery.

The problem is that I haven't told her that I already booked the surgery and have all the money. I have earned all the money myself. So I'm all set to go with the surgery. Honestly I feel like going and not even telling her that I'm actually getting the surgery. I'm so pissed at her reaction. She also said she would tell my dad because he has a right to know. I'm so mad that she would tell him. My dad is a blabber-mouth and I honestly can't trust him keeping his mouth shut. And plus he would obviously be against it, he doesn't understand what it's like being a woman.

I'm 19 and a legal adult. She was saying things like I have very realistic expectations about this procedure, I don't expect it to change my life or anything, it would just make me look a little better and give me an extra boost of confidence.

Parents please help me! I don't know what to do. I am getting this surgery no matter what, but I want my mom to help me recover because she's a doctor and knows what to do.
Dads please give your advice too! I know my dad will be totally against it, but is there anything I can do to make them more accepting of my procedure?

Should I just tell my mom? Should I tell my dad too? I really don't want to tell him. I also really don't want to tell my mom that I'm actually getting this procedure now because of her reaction. I REALLY don't want to hear their opinions because they will try to talk me out of it even more. I don't need that, I'm already stressing out from the surgery. How can I make my mom (and perhaps dad too) supportive of my surgery?

The problem is that I live with my parents so I would have to make up some excuse about a vacation with friends or something. Would they even buy that? Also I mean my appearance would change too and they would most likely notice it.

So parents how would you react if your 19 year old daughter told you that she was getting plastic surgery? Do you have a right to know if she is using all of her own money that she earned herself?

I really need some advice. I am doing this surgery for myself, and I want support from my mom. It makes me feel like a bad person from what she is said. I don't want to feel that way.
You should have given it some more thought. but you don't have to always live up to their expectations. With my experience, don't even try because you might always end up disappointing your parents. Of course I do not know your exact situation.

Also you should consider if the results are successful and permanent, or if you have to go back for more surgeries.

Quote:
Well if you must know I'm getting a brazilian butt lift. It's liposuction then fat transferred to your butt/hips to create a shapely, curvy body. I know it seems silly, but I really want a sexy, curvy body, and with my body type, it won't happen. I'm more apple-shaped then anything else, if I lose weight I lose my butt, if I gain weight, I gain a belly. No amount of dieting/exercising will get me the body I want. My mom doesn't understand this. I'm not expecting crazy results, just to create a more shapely body and to look better in clothes.

If I ever get around to it, I am going to get all my teeth "perfect" because my alleged parents never took me to the dentist, not since 8th grade. Everybody else, even if they were extremely poor, seems to have had dental work. But mine just did not want to. I do not care if I am vain, I want my proper teeth!

I might even go as far as to rework my chin, because I do not like what I call "The Family Chin".

And if that is not vain enough for you, I would like to get an umbilicoplasty. I insist I must have the actual shape of a button, which many describe as an "outie". This is very common with athletes whose abs are "too defined". But instead, I have been fat for too many years and in my opinion, I have simply been robbed. I am entitled to how I want to look! I have done plenty of cardio and my belly button does not look nearly as horrible, BUT if it does not ever become how I want it to look 110% how I want it to look like, then I will consider reconstructive surgery. But only if they have perfected the reconstructive surgery. Because unlike you, I must have "Crazy Results".

I guess you can't get much more vain than me.

But it is my body. And I have to live inside it.

And so that is why I support your decision to get the surgery. Do it now, before you become even older. It's not like you are a 19 year old wanting a face lift.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:07 PM

So if I wait until I move out to get the surgery, should I tell them then????? Do they have a right to know then? Would it be going behind their back then? Would I be a liar then? What about just my mom? Is it alright to tell her but not tell my dad? Honestly if I do move out, I don't think I would tell them, since I already know what their opinions will be. I don't need my mom to take care of me either. It would be nice, but I hire someone else to do that.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:12 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post

Self-esteem cannot come from phony purchased "looks". Self-esteem comes from accomplishment and productive behavior. And besides, you cannot feel good about your body unless you earn it. Moving fat to increase the size of your defecation apparatus is SO EFFING STUPID THAT I CANNOT EVEN DESCRIBE IT.

To pay money to make your ass bigger? To imagine that will EVER increase your self-image, you have to be certifiably mentally ill and in need of acute psychiatric care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships