Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 11:13 AM

403 posts, read 597,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
No one is trying to make you feel bad about yourself. To the contrary, almost everyone is telling you that you are most likely a lovely 19-year-old with a wonderful body that is still maturing. All of us old people are telling you to enjoy the youthful body that you have. Men are telling you that the size of your butt doesn't matter--it's what's inside that counts.

You asked for advice on how to get along better with your mom and you got buckets of it: Listen to what she's saying and trust that she has your best interests at heart.

I have the feeling you're going to get this surgery anyway, and then you'll need a boob job to balance it out, and then your lips will look too thin so you'll get them puffed up and that will make your cheeks look wrong so you'll get them filled as well. And when that's all over, you'll still be you, but kinda funny looking.

You'll never have your "dream body" because that's just an idea in your head. But your body will change a little bit every day until you die. The trick is to enjoy it every day and not think that if only you can make X, Y, or Z happen, then you'll be happy.
I don't think anyone has said I'm probably lovely with a wonderful body, lol.

I don't need a boob job because I'm good in that department, and I actually think I have a very pretty face. See, I don't think I'm terrible ugly all over. Just because I want to improve one body part, doesn't mean I'm going to get plastic surgery all over. I'm confident in my looks, I know what looks good and what needs a little enhancement.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:20 AM

403 posts, read 597,988 times
Also I want to point out that there's a lot of speculation that Jenn Selter, IG's most famous butt, got butt implants and/or a BBL. She has gotten a nose job (there's a ton of before/after pics) so she's obviously not against plastic surgery. Also there are before/after pics of her "transformation" and everything looks the same besides her butt. If she did achieve her butt through heavy lifting, her legs would at least match, and her upper body would usually look more muscular too. Plus her workouts are very simple "10 squats, 20 lunges, 50 jumping jacks, etc). That's not going to build a huge butt, and LOL @ anyone who thinks it will.
This procedure is much more common than you guys think. It's just on the down low because it's not as accepted as boob jobs, even though it feels natural.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:26 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
Also I want to point out that there's a lot of speculation that Jenn Selter, IG's most famous butt, got butt implants and/or a BBL. She has gotten a nose job (there's a ton of before/after pics) so she's obviously not against plastic surgery. Also there are before/after pics of her "transformation" and everything looks the same besides her butt. If she did achieve her butt through heavy lifting, her legs would at least match, and her upper body would usually look more muscular too. Plus her workouts are very simple "10 squats, 20 lunges, 50 jumping jacks, etc). That's not going to build a huge butt, and LOL @ anyone who thinks it will.
This procedure is much more common than you guys think. It's just on the down low because it's not as accepted as boob jobs, even though it feels natural.
Imagine what your life would be like if you applied this much ^^^ thought and energy to something worthwhile instead of obsessing over your appearance and that of internet people.

It doesn't matter. None of this ^^^ matters.

If you are not already in excellent shape, this procedure will not actually improve your overall look THAT much and won't make the difference you are pining for.

I also find it very hard to believe that any shrink cleared you for this procedure.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:40 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Did all the posts help you rethink it at all?

How's this...I had reconstructive surgery which is plastic surgery. Simple procedure. I bled into my hip and ended up with two more surgeries, blood transfusions, infections and almost died. Got a lovely scar and deformity on my hip.

And I picked the best surgeon in town and was in amazing health and perfect physical shape exercise wise.

Is a bigger butt really worth it?

Old 05-01-2015, 12:10 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
Well, there's pros and cons to just about anything you do, about the best you can try for is more pros than cons on more than half of what you do.

Can you try wearing a padded pair of pants for awhile to see if anyone notices anything different? I remember thinking my world would be a whole lot better if I had blue eyes instead of hazel. So, after saving up money and getting colored contacts (this was back when they first came out and they were expensive and I was young and not making much money) well, anyway, after I got blue contacts, nobody noticed anything different. I don't know if you'd experience the same sort of thing or not, but a padded girdle (they make them) to test out what your new body would look like might be an option. Also, if you were going to get the surgery and not let your mom know, if you wore the padded girdle for awhile first then went on "vacation" and got the surgery done, your mom might not notice when you were more than a padded girdle.

The other thing is this is an expensive and one hopes permanent change (does the fat stay put when it's moved to a different place?) but styles and fashion change about every ten years or so. This includes body styles and shapes. So, ten years from now, if you're gonna continue with the trends will require more body sculpting.

If you really want a "new you", paste a big smile on your face and smile at everyone. Ask them questions about themselves and listen to the answers. Everyone will love you and you'll become known as a great conversationalist and nobody will care what you look like.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:19 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
So people are calling me stupid now? And I'm the immature one?
Well, to be fair, most teenagers are stupid. A human brain is not fully developed to have logical thinking until about the age of 23. So, many decisions teenagers make before then are probably not going to be real smart.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:06 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
OP, who pays for your health insurance? As in, who is the responsible party for your medical expenses if this elective surgery ends up with complications where your insurance would kick in? If you are not the person responsible for your medical expenses (e.g. health insurance, additional medical care beyond the elective surgery, complications, etc), you should make sure you get the consent of THAT person. If it is your mother, you should not get the surgery without her consent.

Being an adult is more than a number, more than making saving enough money for some elective procedure. People are giving you a hard time because your thought process of trying to "hide" something from your disapproving parents smacks of immaturity.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:12 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Quote:
Also I want to point out that there's a lot of speculation that Jenn Selter, IG's most famous butt, got butt implants and/or a BBL. She has gotten a nose job (there's a ton of before/after pics) so she's obviously not against plastic surgery. Also there are before/after pics of her "transformation" and everything looks the same besides her butt.
Never heard of her before. Won't ever hear of her again after today! So who cares what her ass looks like? She sits on hers just like the rest of us!

Old 05-01-2015, 01:19 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
It's not just my butt, it's my whole body. The surgery will make everything look very good and shapely. I do exercise and eat well, but I just want a little extra help.

Are you willing to put in 3-5 years worth of exercising/toning to achieve natural results? Those you won't need to have repaired surgically? One surgery is not going to transform you into Kim K. - what I suspect you aspire for - overnight. She has been under a knife several times - can you afford the same when the first surgery doesn't do the magic you expect?

I had surgery to repair a deviated septum 2 months ago. I had to have it done but I would not choose elective surgery for the sake of vanity.
You want a big butt. What does the rest of your body look like? Are you overweight? Will your total body makeup match the plastic surgery you have planned? How about 5 years from now when your body sheds itself of "baby fat"? Most people tone up and lose weight when exercising in their 20s. Will your surgically enhanced big butt look out of place if you tone up and lost 25 lbs?

I vote no. 19 is too young for the surgery required and hopeful vision you have imagined for yourself . Do you want a glass slipper to go along with the dream? What will you do if and when your dreams don't materialize?

I hate to be harsh, but you may as well spend the money on the psychiatrist now.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:24 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No one can get that with just exercise. The shape, lift, and roundness of one's butt is largely determined by genetics, which determine the shape of the pelvis where the glutes connect. If you have a tall pelvis, your glutes will be more square. If you have a broad pelvis, the muscles will pull more horizontally. I can do squats until the cows come home and have an arse hard as rocks, but I will never have a round, bubble butt like that. (And I'm okay with that. I will never have to ask, "Do these jeans make my butt look big?" )

I will never have it either, just an example.

I seriously hope the original poster puts this off for at least 5 years with the changes her body is still going through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships