Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:39 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,033,929 times

Advertisements

I feel bad for the OP. Leading a healthy lifestyle and being healthy are one of the pillars of living a happy life. If you eat well, and exercise regularly then that should be your focus for helping to sculpt your body type.

I know that this will fall on deaf ears, but chasing an ideal that you may not be biologically equipped for is a fool's errand and your surgery is only going to buy you temporarily contentment with the added risk of complications or detriments to your physical and mental health.

Some people wish they were taller. Some people wish they had a different body type and some people even wish they had different facial features. If you are healthy, then that energy and desire would probably be better focused on improving yourself or accentuating your natural features as best you can and finding a way to be content in your own skin.

This might be what your parents are trying to communicate to you.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:45 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
The OP is 19 and LEGALLY an adult, and it is her money -- therefore, it is and should be her choice.

I do agree, however, that she MIGHT be making a foolish choice, but part of growing up is making one's own choices. She also sounds as though she has given this a lot of thought, so she is not just acting on impulse.

I wish the OP well and just hope there are no unforeseen medical complications from the procedure. (I know of a friend of a friend who died during a boob enhancement operation.)

(I am a 61-year-old female, btw, and mother of two.)

Old 04-30-2015, 09:50 AM

625 posts, read 623,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
Well if you must know I'm getting a brazilian butt lift. It's liposuction then fat transferred to your butt/hips to create a shapely, curvy body. I know it seems silly, but I really want a sexy, curvy body, and with my body type, it won't happen. I'm more apple-shaped then anything else, if I lose weight I lose my butt, if I gain weight, I gain a belly. No amount of dieting/exercising will get me the body I want. My mom doesn't understand this. I'm not expecting crazy results, just to create a more shapely body and to look better in clothes.
Sad. Nix that. Pathetic. Another Kim Kardashian wanna-be.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:51 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
OP, what matters more to you ... your butt, or the respect of your parents?

If your answer is your butt, then you aren't mature enough for the surgery.
If your answer is the respect of your parents, then don't have the surgery.

Either way, you shouldn't have the surgery.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:58 AM

351 posts, read 492,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
Well if you must know I'm getting a brazilian butt lift. It's liposuction then fat transferred to your butt/hips to create a shapely, curvy body. I know it seems silly, but I really want a sexy, curvy body, and with my body type, it won't happen. I'm more apple-shaped then anything else, if I lose weight I lose my butt, if I gain weight, I gain a belly. No amount of dieting/exercising will get me the body I want. My mom doesn't understand this. I'm not expecting crazy results, just to create a more shapely body and to look better in clothes.
I was going to be supportive of you - but then I read this.

You are too young to make such a drastic change. At 19, I suspect your body is beautiful as it is. Why risk the complications and the potential disappointing results. And what happens 5-10-20 years down the road? Have you done this type of research?

If you were my daughter - 19 or 29 - I would try to talk you out of it too.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:58 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
If you are paying rent and utilities, supporting yourself, getting an education, free of debt, and beginning your career and have money to burn left over, then fine.

But why do I get the sense that you are doing none of the above?

I work at a college and am only in my mid-20s myself. Your body changes a lot in your early 20s. 19 is far too young when you are likely to develop some curves anyway. And to say that you can't achieve a similar look through exercise is just silly. Will it take longer? Yes. Will it look better and be scar-free? Absolutely.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:59 AM

11,115 posts, read 9,753,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
One day you will look back on this and shudder at the stupidity of it. And by the way, you are NOT an adult and you should not be going against your parents on this. I don't care what chronological age you are, you are living with your parents and being supported by your parents. They should get the final say in this while you are leeching off them. You didn't save any money for this. That's a total lie. Your parents are paying for this operation with money you DIDN'T pay them for rent, food, utilities, taxes, transportation, maintenance, health insurance, life insurance, capital replacements, and all the rest of it.

The only way you should have the power to make this dumb decision is if you were a self-supporting adult living on your own steam and totally responsible for your life and obligations. The decision would still be dumb, but it would be yours to make.

As it is, you are a dependent 19 year old child, and your parents know better than you that this is wrong.

Why is it wrong? Because it's fakery. It's phony. It's fraudulent. It's not you, it's just rearranged FAT. Your value as a human and a woman is not in your FAT DISTRIBUTION! It's in what you DO and what you ACCOMPLISH and how you THINK.

None of which is apparently taking place right now. You are deciding based on irrational emotion to move fat around your body in a misguided attempt to change your self-image. It will not work. It will not change. Not until you take care of business and become worth something to yourself based on accomplishment, not appearance.

Seriously, bump this thread in 15 years and report back. You will say: "Oh my god could I have been that young and that stupid?" I suppose we all could for one thing or another.

AMEN! Everything you wrote is my exact feelings.

In addition, big booties may be all the rage post Kim Lardassian, but in 5 years big butts may be very out of fashion and you will be stuck with this huge booty, plus the 20-30 pounds you might gain along the way. If your self-esteem is based upon your physical appearance, you are sorely in need of some education and life experience before making a decision like this which could end very badly for you. People die in cosmetic surgeries too, like Kanye's mom. Are you willing to risk your life for a big butt?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:06 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
The OP is 19 and LEGALLY an adult, and it is her money -- therefore, it is and should be her choice.
Actually her parents supplemented "her" money to a great degree. See below:

Quote:
You didn't save any money for this. That's a total lie. Your parents are paying for this operation with money you DIDN'T pay them for rent, food, utilities, taxes, transportation, maintenance, health insurance, life insurance, capital replacements, and all the rest of it.

The only way you should have the power to make this dumb decision is if you were a self-supporting adult living on your own steam and totally responsible for your life and obligations. The decision would still be dumb, but it would be yours to make.
If the OP is still living at home, then the money is mostly her parents' money. This is one reason why her parents' opinions need to carry so much weight.

The other reason is that they are her parents. And parents' opinions, while not always right, should always be considered regarding major decisions to be made when you're only 19. Just because the OP is 19 and "legally" an adult doesn't mean she is acting like one or has the responsibilities of one.

Quote:
By the way, what kind of quack doctor does cosmetic butt surgery on a 19 year old without inquiring on her family background and psychological state? Medical ethics are in the sewer.
This too. However, we all know that there are many plastic surgeons that don't give a rip about ethics. These doctors are also all the "Best in the world" at superficial plastic surgery somehow, so they claim.

OP, if you want a bigger butt, go to the gym and LIFT. Squats, Deadlifts, lunges. Lift heavy, I guarantee it works.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:24 AM

24,521 posts, read 10,846,327 times
I have seen my share of enhancements. To each her own. At 19 a body is not yet fully developed. What impact will it have in the next ten years?
Who will take care of OP is something goes wrong?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:25 AM

403 posts, read 597,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
If a bunch of strangers AND your family think it's a bad idea, it might be a bad idea.

What do your friends think about it?

Have you considered just exercising?

EDIT--
Spend your hard earned money on an apartment and move out. When you have bills to pay you might rethink this.
I have only told one friend, and she is very supportive and happy for me. I haven't told anyone else because of the backlash and judgment I know will come.

I've been exercising my whole life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships