Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 02:13 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,377 times

Advertisements

Someone I used to know made a rude comment like this to me once. I can't remember if she apologized because it was so long ago and it doesn't matter. I just stopped talking to her for the simple reason that I didn't want to hear any more. It was an acquaintance and not a close relationship, so I felt it wasn't worth my time to listen to negative comments or waste time being angry. I'm betting your coworker feels the same way. When you apologize, even if the person forgives you, it doesn't mean they believe you won't do it again.

Take it as a lesson that it isn't always appropriate to voice your every opinion. The only thing you can do is be polite and respectful to every one and build trust back up. It will take time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 02:57 PM

6 posts, read 7,094 times
The worst thing you could ever say to a woman is she's FAT. NOT even in a joke. Good luck

Old 05-01-2015, 03:01 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,757,343 times
The rude and unfeeling person is you.

This coworker, does not want anything further to do anything is you, and you get offended that she is ignoring you.

You are the person in the wrong, but you think you have apologized so everything should be alright. It is not and never will be. Leave the woman alone. Putting it simply, she wants nothing to do with you, and it is your fault.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:12 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,143,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
A year ago I pointed that this co worker had put on so much weight in front of other 2 workers.I don't know why I said that as I just say whats on my mind.I wasn't trying to be hurtful. This type of comments are common in my culture. I didn't think much of it until she told me that she was very hurt by it. I apologized and she seemed fine around me afterwards but she wasn't as friendly and warm before the incident .She will respond whenever I say hi to her

Now months later,i say hi to her whenever I see her but she now ignores me and avoids me. it because of the comments I had said before?
You insulted her and she doesn't want to speak to you. Learn from it is all you can do.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I wasn't just talking to her because of guilt.We were very friendly towards each other before that but it just seems like it was never the same after my comment.I wasn't trying to insult her as I thought she looked better with weight on
She more than likely did not take it as a compliment.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Years ago I worked for a Korean company in New York. I remember the office manager telling me one day that she liked my outfit but it really made me look fat. Another day I came in on a bitterly cold day and a group of them laughed hysterically because my nose was red from the cold. They were all related to the owner and knew they'd never be disciplined - the American borns were the outsiders. There are cultures where people have no issue commenting on people's weights and appearances. They think we're the ones who have the problem because we're too sensitive.
I agree. Korean culture is this way. Things have been said to my face that Americans find very rude.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:33 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
i dont say hi or hello back because I dont understand the custom, if you know i'm going say hello back then why do i have to reply. also there are people i dont want to greet in the morning, I am trying to drown my sleep beds in coffee, i dont want somebody talking to me. my company know, dont talk to me till that coffee cup hits the trash, " hello, hrrrrrgggggggg" beside with the 'How are you?" I really dont want to know, i dont care if your liver acting up. or your daughter sperm donor flet the coupe" ok then, "Good to see you" no its not. you want early morning greetings, then i will text you a happy face, but bub, thats it.

so if you are upset that you didnt get a 'morning" from me, well its time you put your big gurl panties on , and get over it, youre not going die, in fact within eight minutes you will forget all about it.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:55 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i dont say hi or hello back because I dont understand the custom, if you know i'm going say hello back then why do i have to reply. also there are people i dont want to greet in the morning, I am trying to drown my sleep beds in coffee, i dont want somebody talking to me. my company know, dont talk to me till that coffee cup hits the trash, " hello, hrrrrrgggggggg" beside with the 'How are you?" I really dont want to know, i dont care if your liver acting up. or your daughter sperm donor flet the coupe" ok then, "Good to see you" no its not. you want early morning greetings, then i will text you a happy face, but bub, thats it.

so if you are upset that you didnt get a 'morning" from me, well its time you put your big gurl panties on , and get over it, youre not going die, in fact within eight minutes you will forget all about it.
Word. This is me, exactly. And I work with the type of females who just assume every male is going to sugar coat and 'cupcake' them all day until they get home to the guy who pays half the bills.

As for little Misswhateverhernameis, look to her past threads--this broad is about as bright as a wet candle. She deserves to be ostracized at work, she brought it on herself.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:28 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,106 times
Quote:
A year ago I pointed that this co worker had put on so much weight in front of other 2 workers.I don't know why I said that as I just say whats on my mind.I wasn't trying to be hurtful. This type of comments are common in my culture. I didn't think much of it until she told me that she was very hurt by it. I apologized and she seemed fine around me afterwards but she wasn't as friendly and warm before the incident .She will respond whenever I say hi to her

Now months later,i say hi to her whenever I see her but she now ignores me and avoids me. it because of the comments I had said before?
Duh.

Cultural consideration is key and something that should be learned and mastered, unfortunately. Failure to do so causes "butthurt".

It's the same reason I've never asked a woman if they're pregnant. Loaded.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:19 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post

You sure like to talk about yourself for someone who wants to be left alone. This thread is not about the office grouch, it's about an otherwise pleasant person who was offended by a clueless coworker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships