Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 09:39 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
To such a prospective name for a child as Anakin Darth, I'd say "Oy vader!!!".

Get it? "Oy vey" as the Jewish folks would say + "Vader" (as in Darth Vader) combined together = "Oy vader!!!"

My attempt at humor here. How did I do?
Uff da....don't give up your say job. (Points for trying though.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 09:52 PM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post
Is Retired Professional the same as I'mRetired or I'mretirednow? Likes to post new threads about untrue situations and then never come back to see any responses?
First thing I thought when I saw this thread.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:35 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,137,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Professional View Post
After they found out they were having a boy, they decided on a name. With both of them being Star Wars fans, they decided on "Anakin Darth".
Poor kid...

Old 05-06-2015, 10:49 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Not 'poor kid' at all..
The OP - who is no longer a member - makes this stuff up to stir the pot.
A member he may not be. But RetiredNow he is.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:55 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Professional View Post
My youngest daughter was married last year. She has always been a fan of science fiction movies, television shows and books. Her husband is the same. He is a good provider, but he does have issues with his personal hygiene.

She is 7 months pregnant. After they found out they were having a boy, they decided on a name. With both of them being Star Wars fans, they decided on "Anakin Darth". I attempted to dissuade them, but their line of thinking is "We want a unique name that reflects us and who we are."

My wife and I are furious. We believe it will cause undue attention as he grows up and make my daughter look foolish.

Have your adult children made decisions you know they will regret?
The Farce is strong with this one.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:00 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,411,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Not 'poor kid' at all..
The OP - who is no longer a member - makes this stuff up to stir the pot.

What does it mean when you say that "the OP . . . who is no longer a member"? Does this simply mean that the OP doesn't visit the thread anymore that he started to post any new comments or responses? Or does this instead mean that you know for a fact that the OP actually dropped his membership on City-Data.com?

If the second choice, how would you personally know that the OP ended his membership (i.e., being a registered member) on City-Data.com?

Old 05-06-2015, 11:17 PM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
What does it mean when you say that "the OP . . . who is no longer a member"? Does this simply mean that the OP doesn't visit the thread anymore that he started to post any new comments or responses? Or does this instead mean that you know for a fact that the OP actually dropped his membership on City-Data.com?

If the second choice, how would you personally know that the OP ended his membership (i.e., being a registered member) on City-Data.com?
It says "Not A Member" under his screen name.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:24 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,411,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
It says "Not A Member" under his screen name.
Is the wording "Not a member" something that C-D.com takes it upon itself to put under someone's name when that someone drops their registered membership on C-D.com (just like when C-D.com is notified that a member had died and takes it upon itself to put "Eternal Member" under that person's name)?

Or instead, is it the case that a member can choose to put such words (i.e., "Not a member") under their name on their own (even while, in fact, being a registered member) and this is acceptable to the administrators of C-D.com as a "tag" to put under one's own name?

P.S.-- I just got a "Reputation Point" (actually should have been a Direct Message, I suppose) saying that it means that "the person is banned". I didn't know that. Well, this is something new to learn about C-D (just like learning earlier in time that when C-D is notified that a member has died, they place "Eternal Member' under that person's name). Thank you to whoever left that informative message for me (no name was provided).

Last edited by UsAll; 05-06-2015 at 11:34 PM..

Old 05-06-2015, 11:38 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Best advice on the internet today. I am shining up the trophy.

Reminds me of my great-grandfather, who wanted me to be named Linda. He didn't get his wish, but refused to call me anything but Linda until he died. Weirdly, as a kid, I just accepted that it was his name for me

Lucky!

I never knew one of mine(deceased) and the other I probably saw 3 times. Not a lot of grandpa time in my immediate family.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:40 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Be happy. My sister (in nursing) knows some people that named their baby son S H I THEAD.

That's NO JOKE.

It's pronounced "SHI - thee - ADD". Except, NOT in the USA... Poor kid's gonna have his ass beat every day in school.
I call urban legend....and not a very original one at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships