Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 05:24 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,927,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Women are all different.
Some may be scared or creeped out; some won't.
What does your girlfriend think about it?

I thought the point for the space was for personal quiet time. Now it sounds like you turned it into any other room in the house...
My current girlfriend wouldn't step foot inside the backyard building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Women are all different.
Some may be scared or creeped out; some won't.
What does your girlfriend think about it?

I thought the point for the space was for personal quiet time. Now it sounds like you turned it into any other room in the house...
It sort of is another room in the house.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:41 PM

102 posts, read 244,606 times
I'm 23 (female) and I have aspergers as well. I am also high functioning and about to graduate from college. Let me just say, I feel your pain. My childhood was miserable because I never had any friends. Things are a lot better now though. I read your other thread and I don't think there's anything wrong with your room. If anything, a girl might think it's weird that you live with your parents but there's also a lot of girls that would be accepting. I live with my parents still and I live in a game room with lots of videigame posters and stuff but I don't give a **** because that's what I like. It might be a good idea to talk to girls online or something. I know how it is trying to talk to people and it can be awkward. If you have a job you should consider trying to talk to some girls there. If not, then try the online thing. No joke try eharmony or match if you don't have any other options. You will find someone. I did and we've been together for 10 years.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freealex View Post
I'm 23 (female) and I have aspergers as well. I am also high functioning and about to graduate from college. Let me just say, I feel your pain. My childhood was miserable because I never had any friends. Things are a lot better now though. I read your other thread and I don't think there's anything wrong with your room. If anything, a girl might think it's weird that you live with your parents but there's also a lot of girls that would be accepting. I live with my parents still and I live in a game room with lots of videigame posters and stuff but I don't give a **** because that's what I like. It might be a good idea to talk to girls online or something. I know how it is trying to talk to people and it can be awkward. If you have a job you should consider trying to talk to some girls there. If not, then try the online thing. No joke try eharmony or match if you don't have any other options. You will find someone. I did and we've been together for 10 years.
I graduated from college in June 2004. I'm living at home because rents in my area are $2200 a month for a one bedroom apartment.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:05 PM

In the past people have taken advantage of me for money which is too bad. Hopefully the next female friend/acquaintance wont be looking to use me for money.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freealex View Post

I have tried plentyoffish.com and craigslist with no luck in meeting female friends or acquantances.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:44 PM

8,676 posts, read 22,925,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I have never met a woman on the spectrum before
Have you checked out wrong planet dot net? A good friend started that site while in college. I'm probably 25 years older than him, we talk here and there, but when we do chat, it's very clear we are friends. I have another AS friend in Boston - also same, we can talk for hours catching up and I will occasionally drive or fly up there to visit. We are closer in age, but I am still 6 years older. Keep looking, there are friends waiting out there, you just have to find them. Not everyone can handle literal or frank discussions, many have trouble understanding the various nuances and traits each AS individual has. But trust me, you can find a friend, a true friend that will understand you. It may be someone that has an AS relative, possibly someone that has thought they just may have their own AS tendencies. But keep looking!

Old 05-13-2015, 09:03 PM

I will give wrong planet another try.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:19 PM

813 posts, read 1,273,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I will give wrong planet another try.
I don't know where you live, but the housing prices sound like you must be in a real estate market like where I am. That tells me there must be some active groups in your area where you can meet people with similar interests. There is a group here in San Diego for people with AS/ASD that want to meet others and socialize, and they have their meetings on meetup.com. Maybe that would be another avenue for you to try.

My son has verbal Autism, so I appreciate all the kind comments by others here.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowHope View Post
I don't know where you live, but the housing prices sound like you must be in a real estate market like where I am. That tells me there must be some active groups in your area where you can meet people with similar interests. There is a group here in San Diego for people with AS/ASD that want to meet others and socialize, and they have their meetings on meetup.com. Maybe that would be another avenue for you to try.

My son has verbal Autism, so I appreciate all the kind comments by others here.
I'm also in Southern California as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships