Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 02:25 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,887,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
I don't think it is rude to berate someone for not washing their hands. Just imagine you are using your clean hands to touch same door handle that the other guy that didn't wash his hands used.

I personally won't use a bathroom if it is visually filthy. I also have a routine for when I use public restrooms.

1. I turn the water on first before using the bathroom so I don't touch it when I finish using the bathroom

2. I pull a piece of paper towel down so I can just grab it when I am finish washing my hands.
3. When I am finish drying my hands I use that same paper towel to open the door and use my back to hold the door open while I throw the paper towel.

I have personally witness guys who took a #2 and just walk out without washing hands.
People in restaurant are bad for this majorly

I did berate a waiter that used the bathroom and didn't wash his hands, I even went farther and told the manager because frankly it is even more nasty that this person would be serving food to people with those "member touching pee hands".

1. How do you turn the water off?

2. What if someone else grabs your paper towel?

Finally...have you truly witnessed guys taking a dump in public restrooms? Most stalls have doors for privacy so you have no idea what they are doing. Do you go from stall to stall policing the occupants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 02:29 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,887,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
People should wash their hands.

But some of you people seem to be fanatical and paranoid. You act like you're going to drop dead of infection because your hand touches something another unclean hand touched. What do you think happens all the time outside the restroom? What about all the other doorknobs and handrails and such in public buildings and stores? You think people don't "adjust" their members, pick their noses, hand brush their hair, scratch body parts, handle garbage, cough/sneeze into their hands, and on and on? Do you think they jump up and wash their hands vigorously twenty times a day? Next time you reach out to open the door of a restaurant or store think about how many people do the same every day and the last time you saw an employee sanitizing the door.

Fact is, if you go out in public you are going to be exposed to the germs of dozens if not hundreds or thousands of other people. A person with a healthy immune system can handle this.
You are going to get some lame comments on this one; count them.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:16 PM

581 posts, read 664,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
So I was in the restroom a little while ago and it was nearly full. I heard one guy who was washing his hands berate another guy who was walking out about not washing his hands saying it spreads germs on the door handle. Of course it's true, but I thought it was incredibly rude!

Do you agree with this or just find it rude and out of place?
I agree with this 100%. A person is very nasty if they don't wash their hands after using the bathroom. It is unsanitary.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:08 PM

671 posts, read 900,088 times
I personally would never say anything, but am okay with people saying it. The guy's right. I just don't care enough.

What's worse is people who cough and sneeze in their hands.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:11 PM

16,538 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:

I'd probably just think it wasn't any of my business, wash my hands like I always do, and leave.

As to my thoughts, I agree in principle with the person berating the person for having dirty hands and potentially getting his waste on everyone else's hands who touch the handle. Yet I have little to worry about because I either use my knuckles to push the door, or the piece of paper towel while drying, to pull it open.
I have also learned that many people just don't give a flip, so taking your time to tell them something will likely just be ignored.

`

Old 05-21-2015, 06:13 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I know guys love their junk, but your "member" has been in a dark, warm, sweaty, bacteria-laden environment while you've been driving, and now you've added drops of urine into the mix. It's not clean.
They are, however, my germs, I'm quite accustomed to them, and they will make their way to some orifice of my body over the course of the day regardless of whether I washed my hands that particular time.

I've been in washrooms myself where I dared touch nothing in the room. Heck, I've seen a couple that I dared not even enter.

I never touch the restroom door handle whether I wash my hands or not--if it opens out, I'll push it open with my elbow or hip. If it opens in, I'll use a paper towel or napkin or the corner of my coat. I never touch a knob or handle with my bare hand in a restroom. If I can't use an elbow, that will be an occasion that I leave without washing.

Tests have revealed that every surface in a public restroom is already as nasty as hell.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:15 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,622,243 times
Quote:
I think they've both got something wrong with them.

On a side note, though, one of my biggest pet peeves is bathroom doors that have to be opened from the inside by pulling a handle. I always grab a piece of toilet paper or a paper towel to open the door with, and then just toss it.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:30 PM

19,113 posts, read 25,305,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I've been in washrooms myself where I dared touch nothing in the room.
Heck, I've seen a couple that I dared not even enter.
Many years ago, I needed to use the restroom while shopping at the Ohrbach's department store in Woodbridge, NJ.
I opened the restroom door and then immediately closed it when I realized that somebody (who was apparently still in his anal stage) had decided to "fingerpaint" the walls with his own...well...I think you can figure out what his substance of choice was.

To say that this was disgusting does not even begin to describe what I saw. And, I chose to never use that particular facility again.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:37 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
Reminds me of the Army guy and a Marine in a public restroom.
Both are doing their business at the urinals. Army guy washes his hands. Marine walks out without washing up. Both are standing at the bar and Army asks Marine "don't they teach you to wash your hands after taking a leak in the Marine Corps?"
Marines reply "They teach us not to **** on our hands in the Marines".

Old 05-21-2015, 09:40 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Reminds me of the Army guy and a Marine in a public restroom.
Both are doing their business at the urinals. Army guy washes his hands. Marine walks out without washing up. Both are standing at the bar and Army asks Marine "don't they teach you to wash your hands after taking a leak in the Marine Corps?"
Marines reply "They teach us not to **** on our hands in the Marines".
I heard it, Officer to sergeant: "They taught us at the Academy to wash our hands after taking a leak."
Sergeant to officer: "They taught us in NCO Leadeship School not to *** on our hand when taking a leak."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships