Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 04:53 PM

10,251 posts, read 13,768,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
So I was in the restroom a little while ago and it was nearly full. I heard one guy who was washing his hands berate another guy who was walking out about not washing his hands saying it spreads germs on the door handle. Of course it's true, but I thought it was incredibly rude!

Do you agree with this or just find it rude and out of place?
While I don't think I would berate someone for not washing their hands in a restroom, I don't understand how hard it is to wash your damn hands after using the restroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 10:03 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,828,486 times
Don't **** on your hands and you don't have to worry.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:51 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,701,546 times
I cant tell you how many people ive seen go out the bathroom without washing their hands. Disgusting.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:49 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,262,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
So I was in the restroom a little while ago and it was nearly full. I heard one guy who was washing his hands berate another guy who was walking out about not washing his hands saying it spreads germs on the door handle. Of course it's true, but I thought it was incredibly rude!

Do you agree with this or just find it rude and out of place?

This is why I wash my hands and open the door using the paper towel I just used. I rather not touch the door handle if I can avoid it

Old 05-27-2015, 09:04 PM

127 posts, read 312,286 times
Haven't read all the responses yet (I will) but as a school monitor in a high school who has been tasked with the sign in book for the restrooms I need to let you all know that if ONE boy out of ten washes his hands that's a lot. No I don't watch....I can hear the sink. Its disgusting and I honestly wish there WAS something I could do about it without embarrassing them or myself in the process!!

But I have informed my daughters of the teenage boy hygiene muahaha...

Old 05-28-2015, 01:22 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,269,861 times
I am guilty of not washing my hands after a simple pee.... The sink is dirty and I'll use hand sanitizer later. Thank you.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:18 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,847,252 times
It has probably been written already. However, I always turn off the faucet and open the door with the paper towel that I dried my hands off with. Unfortunately, this isn't an option in dryer only washrooms.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:14 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,671,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
It has probably been written already. However, I always turn off the faucet and open the door with the paper towel that I dried my hands off with. Unfortunately, this isn't an option in dryer only washrooms.

Agreed. That is what I hate about the hand dryers. I can't believe this thread made it to 21 pages, lol.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:25 AM

28,575 posts, read 18,596,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
Agreed. That is what I hate about the hand dryers. I can't believe this thread made it to 21 pages, lol.
It's also been shown in tests that hot air driers actually do a much poorer job of cleaning hands than paper towels, and as well, they spray even more germs all around the restroom.

According to the pictogram instructions, these machines are supposed to dispense bacon into your hands:

Old 05-28-2015, 09:31 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,632,595 times
Germs are everywhere, not just in the bathroom! If someone were to rudely point out that I didn't wash my hands after using the restroom, they would have more to worry about afterwards.

I wash my hands for my sake, not anyone else. I use a paper towel to open the bathroom door when i am leaving, I do not assume that others will and should wash there hands and even if they do, who says they are doing a good job... seriously?? I see folks all time simply run their hands under water, no soap, no scrubbing.. if you are seriously worried about the germs spreading then you need to spend a good 5 minutes scrubbing your hands and arms with a good germ killing soap. No one does that so EVERYONE is guilty.. even the tool-bag that is calling out those who do not wash at all.

If your that paranoid about public restrooms, then don't use them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships