Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 09:10 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,013,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
When one flushes the toilet some of the bacteria in the toilet becomes airborne in the form of aerosol spray and those tiny particles of nastiness can attach themselves to surfaces all over the restroom. At home you can flush with the lid on to prevent this but there are not usually lids on public toilets. Super disgusting but true.
Flushing Lidless Toilet Sends Spray Of Diarrhea-Causing Bacteria Into The Air: Study
The potential spread of infection caused by aerosol contamination of surfaces after flushing a domestic toilet. - PubMed - NCBI
I will add that when a guy uses a urinal it will also splash up bacteria up on you from other people pee all over your member and clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 09:11 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
For all you guys who think your "member" is all clean and pristine, think what you want, but I don't want to touch it.

That is exactly what I'm touching when I touch something you've touched after using the toilet and not washing your hands. No THANKS!
People should wash their hands.

But some of you people seem to be fanatical and paranoid. You act like you're going to drop dead of infection because your hand touches something another unclean hand touched. What do you think happens all the time outside the restroom? What about all the other doorknobs and handrails and such in public buildings and stores? You think people don't "adjust" their members, pick their noses, hand brush their hair, scratch body parts, handle garbage, cough/sneeze into their hands, and on and on? Do you think they jump up and wash their hands vigorously twenty times a day? Next time you reach out to open the door of a restaurant or store think about how many people do the same every day and the last time you saw an employee sanitizing the door.

Fact is, if you go out in public you are going to be exposed to the germs of dozens if not hundreds or thousands of other people. A person with a healthy immune system can handle this.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:16 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
I never reach out and open any door....I use a shirt tail if I have to....any door.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
People should wash their hands.

But some of you people seem to be fanatical and paranoid. You act like you're going to drop dead of infection because your hand touches something another unclean hand touched. What do you think happens all the time outside the restroom? What about all the other doorknobs and handrails and such in public buildings and stores? You think people don't "adjust" their members, pick their noses, hand brush their hair, scratch body parts, handle garbage, cough/sneeze into their hands, and on and on? Do you think they jump up and wash their hands vigorously twenty times a day? Next time you reach out to open the door of a restaurant or store think about how many people do the same every day and the last time you saw an employee sanitizing the door.

Fact is, if you go out in public you are going to be exposed to the germs of dozens if not hundreds or thousands of other people. A person with a healthy immune system can handle this.
It's a little different when you are out touching things as you know it is not clean as oppose to someone going to pee or poop and purposely avoid washing your hands. A lot of these places are in restaurants where you will be served food. We all know germs are out there but when you are about to eat some bread and the person that gave it to you just came from wiping their butt in the bathroom and didn't even wash their hands. My issue is when people add more bacteria to their hands and purposely avoid any chance of washing said hands.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:27 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
So I was in the restroom a little while ago and it was nearly full. I heard one guy who was washing his hands berate another guy who was walking out about not washing his hands saying it spreads germs on the door handle. Of course it's true, but I thought it was incredibly rude!

Do you agree with this or just find it rude and out of place?

I would have said, I didnt pyss on my hand, now mind your effin business.

us brooklyn folk......

Old 05-20-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I would have said, I didnt pyss on my hand, now mind your effin business.

us brooklyn folk......
I would counter that you do have some pi*s on your hands one way or another.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:46 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,768,845 times
Don't touch the doorknob without a paper towel.
And shut up.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:30 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,343,582 times
That's what's great about living in America, you have the right to free speech !
Just don't get upset when the person that you're practicing your right to free speech on feels free to practice his right back at you !

Old 05-20-2015, 01:48 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
That's what's great about living in America, you have the right to free speech! Just don't get upset when the person that you're practicing your right to free speech on feels free to practice his right back at you !
Or even more. No matter how righteously hygienic you might feel as you call out the grimy person, sometimes they are also just as crazy, and you could end up with a clean bill of zero health for lack of discretion.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:59 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
When one flushes the toilet some of the bacteria in the toilet becomes airborne in the form of aerosol spray and those tiny particles of nastiness can attach themselves to surfaces all over the restroom. At home you can flush with the lid on to prevent this but there are not usually lids on public toilets. Super disgusting but true.
Flushing Lidless Toilet Sends Spray Of Diarrhea-Causing Bacteria Into The Air: Study
The potential spread of infection caused by aerosol contamination of surfaces after flushing a domestic toilet. - PubMed - NCBI
I would think that in a public restroom the flushing would happen behind a closed stall door, away from the soap dispenser. And even if the soap dispenser itself was in the line of fire, once you've dispensed the soap in your hands, you'll be washing away any of the gunk that you could have picked up. You have to take some precautions to keep your hand from getting refunkified, but soap and water will generally do the trick.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 05-20-2015 at 02:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships