Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 01:31 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,591,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Shake your head at someone else. I seriously doubt you used your indoor voice at midnight when telling someone who just woke you that people are sleeping.

The horn honking, eh, it happens all the time when you choose to rent in an apartment complex.
Don't like it, move. If you had not said anythig to this person about the horn, they would not have honked it 4 times the next time there were there. That is the thanks you get for yelling out of the window, at midnight.

I live in the country so I don't have to deal with any of the nonsense of neighbors, horns, being yelled at to be quiet etc.
You should try it just a bit of advice if you do though. If you yell at the Coyotes, they get louder.
You are as rude as the inconsiderate people who honk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 01:50 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,795,793 times
We own our house and still have annoying neighbors. They are renters, so maybe it's not a financial/class thing, but a rent verses own thing. People care less when it's not their actual place and who cares if you annoy someone, most likely one of you will be moving in a year or two anyway.

Our annoying neighbors moved in almost a year ago. They have like 15 people living in a three bedroom house. The mom honks when she comes to pick up the kids all.the.time. They let their effing dogs run up and down the street. They don't even have collars on and one charges across the street to yap at me every time we go outside. It followed me for two blocks once when I went for a walk, barking the whole time. They had a party recently. They weren't too nosy, but there was trash EVERYWHERE. The whole front yard had beer cans and pizza boxes, balloons, wrapping paper just everywhere. It blew down the street and into other people's yards. I was disgusted! I hope they move out this summer, but I doubt they will.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:11 AM

424 posts, read 378,849 times
This is why I support the soundproofing of apartments.....

Old 05-20-2015, 02:40 AM

219 posts, read 297,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickOfRenting22 View Post
Hi there,

I have been living in my apartment with my husband for a little over a year now. When we first moved in it was brand-new, considered a "luxury" apartment. For the most part we have enjoyed living here. But in the last month or so, some less then desirable people have been moving in.

Last week a woman and her boyfriend were having a screaming match in front of our building at 3am. The fight was about a cell phone. She moved in a month ago. Woke me up and I have to be at work at 6am. She was reported by several tenants.

Then last night a teen that lives here with her mother got dropped off at midnight. I believe her parents are separated and her dad was dropping her off. He got out of the car and started talking yelling "don't forget to put the food in the fridge, baby doll! I love you. Yell out the window when you get inside!" He then proceeds to stand in the parking lot and wait for her to come to the window. When she didn't come fast enough he starts beeping his horn! He then gets out of the car and I open my window and said "people are sleeping, have some consideration", he said nothing back and left. When he picked her up around 6pm he pulled up and beeps the horn 4 times ( long and drawn out) to get her to come outside. Have these ignorant fools ever heard of a cellphone? This is an apartment community, not a private home.

Am I right in being annoyed by this jackass using his horn so freely?

No such thing as "luxury apartment". That's an oxymoron. What you described is just apartment life and exactly why people who own homes don't want apartments in their neighborhood. Apartments as a whole simply attract a lower class of people.

Last edited by rockinar; 05-20-2015 at 02:48 AM..

Old 05-20-2015, 06:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,301 times
I've lived in a complex for 10 years now. I've seen and heard so many things over the years... The question is, how do you tend to deal with done of the rude pps that the management allows to move in...

Being that my complex is Owned by a man who happens to live outside the same state as the complex, he hired a management to tend to the tenants needs, while he sits back and does his other work...

I've been down the road of talking with the manager about the rudeness she allowed to move in. But that just gets the management's panties in a knot every time you complain... NO one wants that. Then the rude tenants have two ways to deal with the complaints, #1 fix it OR #2 be *******s! And no one wants more problems.

I have found that when new pps nice in, I tend to get a feel for them. Then in about the first 4weeks, I not only introduce myself and family, but then let them know a few things about why living here is a great place and how also it had its down falls.

I.e.... Hi, it's great to finally meet you, I didn't want to rush when Ur family moved in, but im, 'name' . ... I've been here 'time living there', I hope that if you ever need anything youll let me know. If ever get to loud or u have any concerns with anything, please, come talk with me anytime. Day or night. Here is my number, I case I'm not home and u have any concerns about my child or anything at all. I'm the kind of person who likes to talk with my neighbor and concerns. And not drag the manager in, cause they have other important things to worry about...
Also, a little heads up, the walls, are like paper... ! I try to keep it down as much as I can, especially in the adults bedrooms, if u know what I mean... .... .... Blah blah '

Being about friendly is the way to go.. And if this doesnt help. Then contact Manger. If that doesn't help.. Contact the owner of the place....

Best wishes...

Old 05-20-2015, 08:06 AM

6,512 posts, read 8,291,816 times
I'm a homeowner in an upper-middle class neighborhood, and we have inconsiderate/noisy neighbors. People from all walks of life can be inconsiderate.

Quote:
Pretty much and

Security, stainless steel appliances, nice finishes etc.
Can security be called to handle the issues in the instances you described? At the very least, call the police if someone is having a loud argument in the middle of the night in front of the building.

As for the lady moving in the middle of the night, sometimes the timing of moves doesn't go as planned. One time, my husband and I were making a long distance move, got lost and arrived at the condo around 10pm. Our friend who was there to help with the heavy stuff and drive one of our cars had an early flight back home the next morning so we had to unload the truck that night.

Not an ideal situation but sometimes we have to make do.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:20 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,044,137 times
Yes it's rude, especially in the middle of the night. If it happens often maybe you should start calling the cops.

We lived in a townhome for a couple of years, then bought a detached home. Best move we have made. It was wellll worth it! Sure, I hear horns being honked at times, or a car alarm goes off here & there, but luckily our neighborhood is pretty quiet after 10PM.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:35 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,182,237 times
It sucks, but it's the inevitable byproduct of living in close proximity to so many people. Some complexes run a tighter ship than others and from apartment hunting myself, I found that some of the luxury complexes can be lax about soundproofing and enforcing "good behavior". Personally though, I've lived in apartments and condos my whole life, so at this point I don't even notice street noise anymore; nothing short of an explosion would turn my head.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:03 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,294,784 times
Quote:
In my experience... Lower income areas have this problem on a more recurring basis.
Um, this experience has now proven your past experience as false. It happens everywhere.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:06 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,953,968 times
I feel for you, OP, that kind of behavior would drive me crazy, as well. It definitely seems to be more common among renters and people of low-income. I bought a condo after I graduated college and it was great for the first 2 years. Then some of the owners who couldn't sell started renting their units out. Almost immediately we had issues with rudeness and noise.

Then we moved to a single family house, but in a not great area. The car horns drove me absolutely insane. Oh, and the litter. We could not leave that area fast enough. I'm so happy to live in a higher end area where 95%+ of our neighbors own their homes. We have one trashy renter neighbor who is occasionally annoying, but that is it. It's a huge improvement.

So, if you do move, I think the key is to move to the nicest area you can afford, even if it means a less nice house than what you could get elsewhere. The pride in ownership shows and makes everyday life a lot more pleasant. That has been my experience, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships