Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 03:31 PM

51 posts, read 60,397 times

Advertisements

Please tell me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 03:34 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
I walked into a stadium once with my ex. We walked to the bleachers and at that moment where we turn a corner and everybody sitting there could see us, the whole audience clapped. My ex thought it is because of me. Awwwwww.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:11 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Just recently, I had an elderly couple who said something pretty nasty to me, and a random gentleman out of nowhere has this disgusted look on his face and completely backed me up saying how he was surprised a racial epitaph such as "you damn people are stealing our jobs" didn't come out of their mouths.

He even said it loud enough so they can hear and other people too.

I felt very humbled.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:13 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Mr. CSD told me he loves me the first time and many times after that throughout our years together.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:37 PM

468 posts, read 483,582 times
Not sure this is a nice thing. It more like a love struck thing that he do,
Sure is something that make her never forget. His 'image' burn in her brain permanently.

There's a guy married a girl in his own neighborhood. He is her neighbor, her friend, her boyfriend, and now is her husband.
Their apartment is 5 minutes within walking distance from each others; due to their close distance, they often ran into each others, they see each others everyday.
He always so nice to her, help carried her laundry, help carried all heavy stuff for her.

He chase her hard, and he persistent.
He choose the public staircase that closest to her apartment, quietly sit there and wait for her. This staircase is the staircase where he waited for her alot.
When he back from work or whenever he have freetime. He would come back to this same staircase and wait. Her staircase is facing the parking lot, so she no choice but to passed by this stairs and passed by him in order to get to my apartment.

People reading this probably think he is a creeper, he not.
All the apartments here have staircase. These stairs are everywhere and have lights on too. It belong in the public, anyone can stand/sit wait out there if they wants. Even little kids run up and down these stairs to play, so it public.
It not her staircase, it not her property. It just happen to be the staircase closest to her apartment.

That girl is me, and that guy is my then boyfriend now husband.
Lesson learn for him, don't fall for a girl in his own neighborhood. Because with such close distance, freaky things will eventually happen, lol

Lesson learned for me, don't fall for a "Street smart" neighbor guy, who happened to be a Libra with a sexy voice.
Libra men sure have the looks and the charm, and they really know how to get the girls. They will swept you off your feet in no time, lol

Last edited by ishe; 05-20-2015 at 07:53 PM..

Old 05-20-2015, 07:40 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,988,331 times
Well, this isn't related to a romantic relationship, but a few months ago I was on a very crowded train and I was about to faint. A random man gave up his seat for me, which was really nice (and really needed). I didn't really realize until I sat down how close I was to fainting.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Someone told me I'm stronger than I'll ever know.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:03 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
This happened several years ago: My husband and I went out to a local restaurant known for its waterfront "scene." My husband excused himself to go the men's room and I just waited outdoors and looked at the boats. Shortly after my husband left a gentleman came up to me to tell me "I just wanted you to know that you have a beautiful smile." I thanked him and he followed up with "enjoy the rest of your evening" with a sincere smile and off he went. I don't know why, but that gentleman and his kind words always stuck with me.

FWIW, my husband always tells me I'm hot, but that's to be expected.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:15 AM

21,539 posts, read 8,722,464 times
A male cousin that I've always been fond of and felt a rapport with since we were kids told me last summer at a family gathering that he used to have such a big crush on me. We are both married and in our sixties; he's a grandfather. I had no idea he felt that way and was really flattered.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:59 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times
Years ago during a marriage counseling session, the counselor was posing hypothetical (and sometimes ridiculous) situations for my future husband me and asking what we would do. He asked my fiance "If the devil started dragging your wife down to hell with him, what would you do? Would try to save her or plead for her life?" My fiance replied, "I'd ask him if I could come with her because I don't want to be without her." That was the nicest thing anyone has ever said, then and now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships