Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 09:23 AM

206 posts, read 304,166 times

Advertisements

if your family members like siblings cousins aunts (not parents) love you but then when you are in need or at least in need once in a blue moon, they are not there. but you would help them in a heart beat, or even faster if you could. i dont get people in this world sometimes, maybe they are mad at something, i dont know.. but i had some family who knew i was in pain at a time in my life and needed help. no one gave a crap man, how i am supposed to just go back around them and be like oh were a family again like my mom tells to do when they were yelling at me like they are crazy.

if people respect you and love you so much then where is the love ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 09:33 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,842,520 times
What was the issue? Maybe they were showing tough love. Being indifferent & not caring at all is a sign that they don't love you but if they are showing strong emotions like anger & yelling at you, doesn't it mean they care enough to see you might be doing something wrong & they want to save you?

Old 05-21-2015, 09:36 AM

206 posts, read 304,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
What was the issue? Maybe they were showing tough love. Being indifferent & not caring at all is a sign that they don't love you but if they are showing strong emotions like anger & yelling at you, doesn't it mean they care enough to see you might be doing something wrong & they want to save you?
tough love? i dont think so, they would not help me if i got kicked out or if i needed something to help myself. they would not do anything, my sisters literally would do nothing at all for me even when i was in need. if they knew what i needed they would not help me, i had a mental illness problem and i was alone man alone at the WRONG TIME

Old 05-21-2015, 10:30 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,995,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
tough love? i dont think so, they would not help me if i got kicked out or if i needed something to help myself. they would not do anything, my sisters literally would do nothing at all for me even when i was in need. if they knew what i needed they would not help me, i had a mental illness problem and i was alone man alone at the WRONG TIME
Were you seeking treatment for your issues? If not, then they were probably right not to help you because it would only have enabled you to continue to be in denial about your problems.

I would help my sisters/family if they were in a bind, of course. But, if they demonstrate over and over again that they can't make good choices then at some point my help is going to stop. That doesn't mean I no longer care, but that I need to set some healthy boundaries. Luckily, I haven't had to deal with that personally.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:06 PM

4,994 posts, read 5,301,029 times
I dunno. Maybe you were uncooperative or they felt you wouldn't stick to your program and medicine needed to get back to a healthier you. Maybe you had abused their trust too many times.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:16 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,669,453 times
Well, now you know. You can't depend on them... find someone you can depend on.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:20 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,213,227 times
Quote:
if your family members like siblings cousins aunts (not parents) love you but then when you are in need or at least in need once in a blue moon, they are not there. but you would help them in a heart beat, or even faster if you could. i dont get people in this world sometimes, maybe they are mad at something, i dont know.. but i had some family who knew i was in pain at a time in my life and needed help. no one gave a crap man, how i am supposed to just go back around them and be like oh were a family again like my mom tells to do when they were yelling at me like they are crazy.

I hear that. I helped one of my sisters through the darkest time of her life, when her son died. I was there the night he died, and in the tough months that followed. I made time for her when she needed, left her alone with her thoughts she needed, and kept an eye out for her well-being. Was also there when Hurricane Sandy left her without power and water. When she couldn't find a job, I revamped her resume and she got a whole string of interviews from it, and eventually a job. Over the years I listened to her woes over men, money, work, her kids, her ex-husband, her health, on and on and on.

The one time I ever asked for help, in what was arguably the darkest, most despairing time of my life, when I was completely alone? She said I was weak and deserved everything that was happening to me.

If I ever see that C U Next Tuesday again, I will spit right in her face.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:21 PM

22,615 posts, read 47,734,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I dunno. Maybe you were uncooperative or they felt you wouldn't stick to your program and medicine needed to get back to a healthier you. Maybe you had abused their trust too many times.
Those and many more.

Most people are ill-equipped to deal with mental illness. You should not hold that against them.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,412,204 times
Quote:

I agree!
I have no comment. Sure there are variables I don't know about...
No love there that I can see!

AND this is my 6000th post, I just noticed....haha.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:10 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,432,101 times
Quote:

Perhaps they need you to stand on your own two feet for a change, instead of leaning on them all the time. I notice you seem to go job-to-job. Maybe they are tired of being your "fall-back" all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships