Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 12:28 PM

144 posts, read 184,919 times

Advertisements

Are you and introvert who sometimes wishes they were more "out there"? Do you ever wish you were "that friend" that goes around bragging about having done all the coolest and wildest things lately? Do you want to be the friend that lives most like a celebrity, or is that "not your style"?

note: this is NOT to say introverts are less inclined to be risk-takers or have fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 12:38 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,278,745 times
I'm an introvert. And nope, I like the way I am. I want to talk to those who really is interested to get to know me. I like being able to tell who is acting fake. I like being alone so I can do things at my pace, my way. I don't like being in the center of anyone's attention as my life is not their business. I go out a lot with my husband, close friends and family. I don't feel the need to brag about my adventures or the need for approval from anyone about what I do, should do or could do.

And what a great life it has been for me...

Old 09-17-2015, 01:01 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,362,200 times
Yes, very much so. Life would be so much easier not being socially awkward

Old 09-17-2015, 01:23 PM

780 posts, read 679,067 times
I used to be an extrovert, before I even knew what it means to be one.

It used to drive me insane not being around people, being sociable. Like watching those "You know you're an extrovert when..." was something I was, 101%. Then as I got older, I guess I've become an introvert, because now, I just don't care for any of those and be able to relate more with the, "You know you're an introvert when...".

So personally, for me, since I used to be the extrovert, no, it's not something I'd wish to come back to. I just want my little corner now.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:05 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
No way. It seems like a lot of work.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:06 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Yes, very much so. Life would be so much easier not being socially awkward
Introverted and socially awkward aren't the same thing.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:07 PM

828 posts, read 908,714 times
Nah. I like my alone time, so if I like it, why would I want to change?

Old 09-17-2015, 02:13 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,246,324 times
I'm an extrovert.

What exactly do y'all think is so great about it?

Needing other people can suck.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:18 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,841,256 times
I am an extrovert & I think its over rated. Eventually your friends get busy with their lives & you end up craving a simple, routine life with few close friends & family. You hear people say being an extrovert helps with your career but the downside is when everyone knows you then your mistakes will be magnified as well. One bad move & everyone is talking about you. I don't regret being an extrovert because that's who I am. Sometimes I do admire introverts as they seem to be more respected & people think they are very smart & mysterious. I love my social life but I have to be very careful about dealing with different personality types as there are so many chances of conflicts & misunderstandings. Be true to yourself & don't force yourself to be something else just to fit in the crowd. People can sense when you are trying to be fake. Instead, find your crowd.

Reminds me of an episode on parks & recreation ("Camping") where Ron Swanson's camping group of kids switch to Leslie's group as she has typical fun activities planned. Ron is an introvert who enjoys peace & quiet whereas Leslie is an extrovert & a people's person so Ron's group obviously gravitates towards her. Ron feels dejected as he is not an extrovert like Leslie so Leslie gives an ad in the newspaper inviting kids for a camp where they don't have to socialize with others & are free to sit around & enjoy the peace & quiet of the woods, just like Ron does. A group of kids show up & Ron takes them camping. So you have to find your kind & hangout with them rather than change yourself.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:58 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,083,322 times
Yep.

It's totally terrible to be so uncomfortable meeting new people, to dread going to gatherings, to hear your voice shake when you have to speak in front of others, to replay events in your mind because you feel like you were an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships