Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 09:11 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times

Advertisements

Removing a domestic cat from its home and territory away from food, water and safety is cruel and unnecessary, . Spray your garden and yard with coyote urine or some other solution and the cats will stay away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 05:15 PM

806 posts, read 876,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
"under the cover of darkness" -- LOL!

Of course the owners have no clue because you don't have the guts or decency to go over there and just ask them to keep the animal out of your yard. If you did, then of course they'd know who took their pet. Just silently "disappear" the animal in the middle of the night. What a piece of work.

There's ways to keep cats and other animals out of gardens without having to destroy them. Good lord.
Where did I say that I " destroyed " them ? Hint ... I DIDN'T . I relocate them . How is a cat owner supposed to keep an outside pet from roaming ? That's what cats do . Well , I solve the problem my way and will continue to do so . I will NOT spray my yard with another type of urine just to make it unattractive for the cat .

Old 10-20-2015, 06:18 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,986 times
First, harming or "removing" an animal is cruel and unfair. The animal is just being an animal. There are no bad animals, only bad owners.

That includes taking cats out to the country. Feral cats tend to get hit by cars, captured and sold to labs, or attacked by predators and die gruesome deaths. They also kill close to 1 billion birds every year.

As for the OP, fences are a no-brainer, but I'd collect the dog-doo and fling it over onto the neighbor's property, and if it just happened to hit the son or GF's car, land on the walkway or porch, or go through an open window and hit the skank while she is brushing her teeth, OH WELL. I would also find out about elder protective services because if these two miscreants are doing this to you, one can only imagine what they are doing to the old man. At the very least, they are probably taking his money one way or another.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:24 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,542,099 times
I'm coming in late, but have had this problem with a couple of cats.

I don't have that problem anymore.

The cats are dead.

End of story.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:19 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,529,018 times
Wow. This is hardly the dog doing the bad. People like that would just get another dog.
Get an electric fence around your property. They are relatively easy to do yourself. Also sprinkler motion detectors might be good. I'd move my garden spot to other side of yard or build high privacy fence.

And to jerk that catches and dumps cats in country. I live in the country and dumped cats starve to death or get eaten by predators , so you are killing them.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:06 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
OP is long gone.

FENCE

Old 10-21-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
Where did I say that I " destroyed " them ? Hint ... I DIDN'T . I relocate them . How is a cat owner supposed to keep an outside pet from roaming ? That's what cats do . Well , I solve the problem my way and will continue to do so . I will NOT spray my yard with another type of urine just to make it unattractive for the cat .
You are a horrible person for doing that. I hope somebody catches you.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:15 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
To those who hate cats -

There is a show on Youtube somewhere about a village in the UK basically at war over cats.

Long story short - the guy who hated the cats in his garden was given free catfood to begin feeding them.

As cats don't shyte where they eat, they stopped doing it in his garden.

But get this - he wasn't feeding them in HIS garden, he was feeding them across the road.

It seemed that the cats used his yard as a toilet, intentionally, to bug him. His hatred of them drew them to him like a magnet.

Once he started feeding them, they left his garden entirely alone.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
To those who hate cats -

There is a show on Youtube somewhere about a village in the UK basically at war over cats.

Long story short - the guy who hated the cats in his garden was given free catfood to begin feeding them.

As cats don't shyte where they eat, they stopped doing it in his garden.

But get this - he wasn't feeding them in HIS garden, he was feeding them across the road.

It seemed that the cats used his yard as a toilet, intentionally, to bug him. His hatred of them drew them to him like a magnet.

Once he started feeding them, they left his garden entirely alone.
proves again - you don't poop where you eat. Even cats know that!

Old 10-25-2015, 02:21 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,527,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
OP is long gone.

FENCE
Agree. Field fencing is not that expensive, & you can put it up yourself...been there, done that. Regarding cost...if you can't afford a fence, you shouldn't be living there.

I love my dogs, but I HATE stepping in dog s---!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships